IGNORED

FC 16 Go - Portable SNES

We are getting some of these in early next week. Only silver right now. I guess other colors are held up at customs, might be another couple weeks for them.

Here's some info:

• 3.5" screen
  • Replaceable rechargeable battery
  • ac adapter
  • av cable
  • Two Wireless RF 2.4 Ghz Controllers
  • Ear Phones

I talked to a Yobo competitor about this this item today (this company is also working on a portable SNES). He admitted that's it actually a pretty well built system and the screen is really nice. He did say its somewhat large though. Its looks interesting. I will keep you posted when I receive them. I will not be taking pre-orders on the site. If you would like to reserve one you can PM me and we can set something up. Remember I will only have Silver in stock next week. They will be going for $59.99.

post-22510-125980730463_thumb.jpg

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Tell Yobo that they can charge $99 if they make the thing feel like something more than a hunk of plastic. Sure, make the cheap ones for the mass sales. Personally if I could talk to directly Yobo, I'd tell them to make some superior NICE "PRO" versions of their items. Some of their stuff like the Yobo Zapper, and some of their TV consoles are so light you can sneeze and break em. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they do these. At $59.99 I'm a skeptic only going off their past quality and very low price. I'd love it if they were heavy duty and that cheap.

AX

Yeah its hard to tell... I know many people have been burned before. I really can't give any opinion until I have one in my hands. I have no problem with people waiting to see. I actually would suggest it with anything, especially clones. I heard they felt well built, but only time will tell I guess. Should know soon enough.

The FC mobile II was VERY nice, and its made by the same folks.

it looks a *lot* like the fc mobile 2, but I thought fc mobile 2 was hyperkin rather than yobo. or maybe this branding is all just interchangable.

I've been wanting a portable snes for a good long time, but I think I can hold off a little longer. yobo doesn't have a bad reputation as far as snes clones, but that just doesn't look quite like what I've always had in mind for a handheld snes clone.

good to hear there's a competitor though. as long as it's not something with a 2-piece d-pad

--and I'll believe that 2.4ghz wireless when I see it. ...after that fast one on the fc mobile 2

Edited by Reaperman

:ponder: 2.4mhz controllers prime for re-tooling into other classic platforms :evil:

AX

A game store right near me is going out of business and has a ton of the Messiah brand wireless NES controllers. The bummer is, they dont come with the reliever for the NES, as the NEX had the receiver built in, and it would be hard to find them because Messiah is out of the ball game.

Edit: The controllers are being sold for $2.50 boxed pair, were like $38 originally.

Edited by jeremysart

Looks good, I'd love to get one of these.

I hope it has the chipset the Retro Duo had. It plays SuperNes games perfectly from my experience, beyond a handful of late releases that can be problematic, such as some revisions of SMRPG.

Will be entertaining plugging in a Super GameBoy into this to play GameBoy games. lol

If it's more like the FC Twin, I'd pass. It doesn't play titles accurately enough.

Edited by Atariboy

Looks good, I'd love to get one of these.

I hope it has the chipset the Retro Duo had. It plays SuperNes games perfectly from my experience, beyond a handful of late releases that can be problematic, such as some revisions of SMRPG.

Will be entertaining plugging in a Super GameBoy into this to play GameBoy games. lol

If it's more like the FC Twin, I'd pass. It doesn't play titles accurately enough.

That's waht I was going to ask, if SGB worked with it (and maybe Starfox) That's what I really want a SNES for. PM Sent!

Guys, the RetroDuo and the new Yobo-jeweled FC Twins both use IDENTICAL Super NES hardware that's fully compatible with Super FX games and the Super GameBoy. Both clones have the same compatibility problems with SA-1 games and any other game that checks for a lockout chip because both clones lack a lockout chip. But I do give an edge to the FC Twin's Super NES side simply because the RetroDuo has such a shoddy board design that a ground loop in induced somewhere in the system, causing TONS of static interference in the video output on the Super NES side. No such thing on the FC Twin.

Now, if you're talking about a RetroDuo vs. the ORIGINAL non-Yobo-branded FC Twin, that's another story. Those FC Twins were supposedly hit-or-miss with compatibility with special cartridges, and contains an older chipset than the one found on the Yobo-branded FC Twins and the RetroDuo that causes some discoloration problems, on top of the use of a blurry video encoder(the original FC Twin uses a CXA1145, while the new ones use a CXA1645, which outputs MUCH sharper Composite than a CXA1145, exactly like on the Sega Genesis, since different revisions use those 2 encoders).

As for the FC 16 Go, it looks like an oversized DS, but I'd LOVE some Gradius III and Thunder Spirits on the go. I may pick one up when I go get an FC Mobile II and RetroGEN or GENMobile.

A game store right near me is going out of business and has a ton of the Messiah brand wireless NES controllers...The controllers are being sold for $2.50 boxed pair, were like $38 originally.

I guess that's not a bad deal. They're actually worth about $2.99 per pair. You just need to buy about six pair to get two that work reliably.