AspeQt: Yet another SIO2PC/APE clone

936 replies to this topic

#926 atarixle OFFLINE  

atarixle

Moonsweeper

• 255 posts

Posted Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Hello level42

I didn't know the law in (South and/or North) Holland was different enough from the rest of the Netherlands to specifically mention Holland.  

Sincerely

Mathy

PS Here's the difference.

WOW so much input!

srsly I learned a lot in these 2 mins I didn't know before

#927 Mathy OFFLINE  

Mathy

Stargunner

• 1,801 posts

Posted Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:04 PM

Hello Mirko

Yes, they could have taken a little more time to explain things.  I live in the country and even I had to watch it a couple of times.

BTW your signature is no longer up to date.  "August 6st until August 9th 2015"

Sincerely

Mathy

#928 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,431 posts

Posted Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 PM

It's as well I jumped in there, isn't it, with the rhetorical question "Do you mean dragging an ATR file into a drive slot?". This was a response to:

...and your subsequent answer which concerned the fact that the ATR image explorer is read-only (i.e. you can drag files out of it, but not into it). But the user reported drag-and-drop behaviour which worked as desired some of the time. How could you interpret this as a bug report pertaining to the image explorer, when said image explorer has no write capability? Did you actually read the question?

Does the image explorer contain some partially implemented write capability?

Oh right - no it doesn't.

So image explorer write support is on the cards? Will this happen before the promised write support for imaged PC folders?

Well Jon, I am not really in the mood for this, so....

#929 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,431 posts

Posted Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:41 PM

I just tried again. Opened AspeQT (on mac). Opened a finder folder with ATRs, could drag in ATRs at heart's desire, no problems.

Than I select another subfolder in the finder window and drag again: not working anymore !

Ok, so there is something going on in the preview version then, I'll try to figure it out when I return back to coding, busy building hardware these days....

#930 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

Moonsweeper

• 262 posts

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:33 AM

Where can I find the older version that doesn't have the problem ?

#931 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,431 posts

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:24 AM

Where can I find the older version that doesn't have the problem ?

Here

#932 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

Moonsweeper

• 262 posts

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:35 AM

But.....but........................I'm a MAC USER !!!! (as stated plenty of times before :D)

OK I'll try the Win32 0.8.8 :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Schermafbeelding 2014-11-24 om 18.37.20.png

Edited by Level42, Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 AM.

#933 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

Chopper Commander

• 221 posts
  • Busting Ghosts

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 PM

But.....but........................I'm a MAC USER !!!! (as stated plenty of times before :D)

Aspect runs fine under WINE/CrossOver, or inside VirtualBox. Just FYI. 

#934 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,412 posts

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 PM

Well Jon, I am not really in the mood for this, so....

Bet you'd have the time and inclination to troll the A8 GUI thread....if you could....LOL.

#935 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,431 posts

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:04 PM

Hey bud, sorry my mind is pretty occupied these days and as if that's not enough there are also some people seeking attention here and that also distracts me, anyway if you go to my website's SUPPORT page you can find a lot of links there to different binaries of AspeQt. It just happens that I also said many times that i only maintain the WINDOWS distribution and I am not nearly as experienced or knowledgeable on those OSes as I am with Windoze. But I realize that we all are human and have distractions and can miss some important points on some occasions. So please follow the link and do a bit of diggin, you'll find what you're looking for  ;)

#936 atarixle OFFLINE  

atarixle

Moonsweeper

• 255 posts

Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Aspect runs fine under WINE/CrossOver, or inside VirtualBox. Just FYI. 

I tried the Linux version in VirtualBox via USB passthru … this didn't run very well. I don't know about the Windows version in VBox.

Anyway, AspeQt in WINE runs perfect - if you know how. I guess I explained that a few posts ago ...

#937 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

Chopper Commander

• 221 posts
  • Busting Ghosts

Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:03 PM

I tried the Linux version in VirtualBox via USB passthru … this didn't run very well. I don't know about the Windows version in VBox.

Anyway, AspeQt in WINE runs perfect - if you know how. I guess I explained that a few posts ago ...

Too bad you were having trouble with VirtualBox. It works fine for Win7 in VirtualBox under OS X. For that matter, I can even run APE/ProSystem under VirtualBox too. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users