IGNORED

AspeQt: Yet another SIO2PC/APE clone

cyco130

Knock what off? The chart proves you want to make it everyone's business. Does that glaring irony somehow escape you?

Really?, or do I just want to give people who are planning to buy an SIO2PC an idea about what they are getting with various options?. Do you purposely try to distort facts or are you just being a plain pain in the butt.

Who said you have to be a douche? You?

Ooh! Name-calling! And not in a PM, like you yourself suggested! HA HA HA! HO HO HO!

Let's review, to avoid "selective amnesia" about this.

(1) In post #947right here you requested that "personal attacks" (which was largely just disagreement, rather than personal attacks) be taken to PM. Oh, holy art thou!

(2) You then - RATHER THAN FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE - resort to personal name-calling (love the douche reference!), yourself, instead of taking it to PM like you said. HA HA HA! Some "Dr." you are, "DrVenkman."

That's some hypocritical jackass bullshit, but can you top it? SEND A PM and I shall thrash you badly, but only in PM like you said, as I know you want to keep this thread respectful, right? Wasn't that your original point? Did you have a point? Was your opinion ever solicited? Was there any evidence that anyone cared, nevertheless?. Now, go consider those things (as well as your blatant and demonstrable hypocrisy) and pout on your own, please. And please feed free to take the retort to PM, like you originally advocated, but didn't. How does that foot taste, by the way? HA HA! Thank you, and you're welcome. :) :) :)

Who said you have to be a douche? You?

Doc, you can never win with these old farts and ego-maniacs, believe me I know from first hand experience, this shit was going on for too long and the moderators around here are only blocking people from posting their legitimate opinion but turning a blind eye to BS like this. Just say "Bye Felicia" and move on if you ask me :)

Edited by atari8warez

Ooh! Name-calling! And not in a PM, like you yourself suggested! HA HA HA! HO HO HO!

Let's review, to avoid "selective amnesia" about this.

(1) In post #947right here you requested that "personal attacks" (which was largely just disagreement, rather than personal attacks) be taken to PM. Oh, holy art thou!

(2) You then - RATHER THAN FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE - resort to personal name-calling (love the douche reference!), yourself, instead of taking it to PM like you said. HA HA HA! Some "Dr." you are, "DrVenkman."

That's some hypocritical jackass bullshit, but can you top it? SEND A PM and I shall thrash you badly, but only in PM like you said, as I know you want to keep this thread respectful, right? Wasn't that your original point? Did you have a point? Was your opinion ever solicited? Was there any evidence that anyone cared, nevertheless?. Now, go consider those things (as well as your blatant and demonstrable hypocrisy) and pout on your own, please. And please feed free to take the retort to PM, like you originally advocated, but didn't. How does that foot taste, by the way? HA HA! Thank you, and you're welcome. :) :) :)

What are you, 12? Grow up, kid. :)

and the moderators around here are only blocking people from posting their legitimate opinion but turning a blind eye to BS like this.

Once again, criticizing the moderators is an exercise in foolhardiness and futility. God Damn, how obvious is that, and how many times must it be repeated? Good thing you're leaving, eh? :)

Looks like I was wrong. You're 11. Grow up, kid. :)

Yeah, you're wrong, alright. You came in here pissing and moaning that the narrative needed to be taken to PM. Yet you won't HYPOCRITE. When shall I receive this illustrious PM from you, then? Still sucking on the foot that's in your mouth, eh? PM me please, as you suggested"? Or were you full of shit? SURELY NOT!!!

Yeah, you're wrong, alright. You came in here pissing and moaning that the narrative needed to be taken to PM. Yet you won't HYPOCRITE. When shall I receive this illustrious PM from you, then? Still sucking on the foot that's in your mouth, eh? PM me please, as you suggested"? Or were you full of shit? SURELY NOT!!!

Going for 10, I see! Well, aren't you the precocious one! You'll go far in life. Grow up, kid. :)

Oh

Going for 10, I see! Well, aren't you the precocious one! You'll go far in life. Grow up, kid. :)

Yup, going for 1. Can we *SERIOUSLY* address the fact that you were the one who "objected to personal fights", felt you were "forced" to read them, suggested they be taken to PM, and now yet engage in the incriminating behavior that you decried previously, which clearly establishes you as a an absolute full-of-shit hypocrite? I'm waiting for that PM for you where you said it should go, but you don't. Why not? Because you're an obvious hypocrite, called on his shit. If you had any sense of self-worth, you'd be ashamed for being caught and called on it YOU said to take it to PM. But you won't. LOL. I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Exactly, what is your "Dr" level of education? You enjoyed "Ghostbusters?" Who didn't. Bill Murray would be sad.

Oh

Yup, going for 1. Can we *SERIOUSLY* address the fact that you were the one who "objected to personal fights", felt you were "forced" to read them, suggested they be taken to PM, and now yet engage in the incriminating behavior that you decried previously, which clearly establishes you as a an absolute full-of-shit hypocrite? I'm waiting for that PM for you where you said it should go, but you don't. Why not? Because you're an obvious hypocrite, called on his shit. If you had any sense of self-worth, you'd be ashamed for being caught and called on it YOU said to take it to PM. But you won't. LOL. I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Exactly, what is your "Dr" level of education? You enjoyed "Ghostbusters?" Who didn't. Bill Murray would be sad.

You sure are a wordy 9 year old. Must be your bedtime soon. Grow up, kid. :)

I'm 1. PM sent, as you suggested. So let's take it there. Isn't that what you advocated? :)

We shall engage in unabashed insults there, and keep this thread clean (as YOU suggested) but can't seem to follow your own suggestion. You're forgiven. Take it to PM that I started - ONCE AGAIN, AS YOU SUGGESTED. Let's see if you can eat your own dog food. :)

Let the record show that I have sent "Dr" Venkman a PM with an invite for insults, according to his wishes, that *he himself" expressed as a suggestion, earlier in this thread that didn't involve him, yet it chose to become a participant in, all-the-while ignoring his own advice. HA HA! I've now given opportunity (via PM) for the good "Dr." to play it the way he suggested.

I think the chart is fine because it is factual. But unknown probably should have a question mark or something less "loaded" than a red exclamation point. Anyone researching which to get should be going to see what answers the other vendors provide too. Also, as the chart ages, the information should be re-researched from time to time and the chart updated, rather than merely stating as of what I knew on such and such a date.

It looks like Atari8warez has a really nice product. I think an updated chart would still stand up fine for his product.

I think the chart is fine because it is factual. But unknown probably should have a question mark or something less "loaded" than a red exclamation point. Anyone researching which to get should be going to see what answers the other vendors provide too. Also, as the chart ages, the information should be re-researched from time to time and the chart updated, rather than merely stating as of what I knew on such and such a date.

It looks like Atari8warez has a really nice product. I think an updated chart would still stand up fine for his product.

Thank you for the feedback.. Question marks sounds good to me, no problem replacing the exclamation marks with that. It's not the intention of the chart to put down any one device/vendor or glorify the other, I tried to be as objective as possible. For instance If it says "vendor does not have installation instructions" it is just stating the facts, not trying to make him look bad. Comparisons are done for all sorts of hardware on all platforms, I don't see why not with Ataris.

And the chart is indeed updated as the time goes by. For example it started by saying the hardware is not yet available for sale for Lotharek version, but then was updated to reflect the pre-order status (which i believe it still is or will be until their web page is updated)

Edited by atari8warez

• 2 months later...

Hi Roy, I didn't quite get the question. Do you mean a new feature in AspeQt to disable the screen saver, and/or prevent the computer from going into sleep state?

A USB port can still supply 5v to the device even during sleep but the emulation software won't be active, so what will be the benefit of keeping the USB port open?

What do you exactly want to happen, could you please elaborate.

Here's a discussion on Sleep Mode in Windows.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just compile aspeqt in ubuntu 14.04 with QT5 and I were the following warnings:

mainwindow.cpp:59:6: warning: unused parameter ‘context’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 void logMessageOutput(QtMsgType type, const QMessageLogContext &context, const QString &msg)
      ^
mainwindow.cpp:608:6: warning: unused parameter ‘obj’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 bool MainWindow::eventFilter(QObject *obj, QEvent *event)
      ^
mainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void MainWindow::bootExe(const QString&)’:
mainwindow.cpp:1225:26: warning: variable ‘d’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
         SimpleDiskImage *d = qobject_cast <SimpleDiskImage*> (old);
                          ^
mainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void MainWindow::mountFile(int, const QString&, bool)’:
mainwindow.cpp:1265:10: warning: variable ‘isDir’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
     bool isDir = false;
          ^
logdisplaydialog.cpp:30:6: warning: unused parameter ‘button’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 void LogDisplayDialog::onClick(QAbstractButton* button)
      ^

okay or do I miss something, so I did to compile:

qmake aspeqt.pro
make

regards

Edited by ascrnet

Hi all,

Just compile aspeqt in ubuntu 14.04 with QT5 and I were the following warnings:

mainwindow.cpp:59:6: warning: unused parameter ‘context’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 void logMessageOutput(QtMsgType type, const QMessageLogContext &context, const QString &msg)
      ^
mainwindow.cpp:608:6: warning: unused parameter ‘obj’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 bool MainWindow::eventFilter(QObject *obj, QEvent *event)
      ^
mainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void MainWindow::bootExe(const QString&)’:
mainwindow.cpp:1225:26: warning: variable ‘d’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
         SimpleDiskImage *d = qobject_cast <SimpleDiskImage*> (old);
                          ^
mainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void MainWindow::mountFile(int, const QString&, bool)’:
mainwindow.cpp:1265:10: warning: variable ‘isDir’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
     bool isDir = false;
          ^
logdisplaydialog.cpp:30:6: warning: unused parameter ‘button’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 void LogDisplayDialog::onClick(QAbstractButton* button)
      ^

okay or do I miss something, so I did to compile:

qmake aspeqt.pro
make

regards

OK, first off, all of those are warnings, totally nonfatal, so it looks fine to me.

Secondly, I recommend you use RespeQt, https://github.com/jzatarski/RespeQt

RespeQt is a fork of AspeQt which has some issues fixed and is totally free. The free versions of AspeQt are no longer updated, and the pay versions, well, probably aren't updated any more than the free versions.

• Like 1