IGNORED

AspeQt: Yet another SIO2PC/APE clone

cyco130

OK, first off, all of those are warnings, totally nonfatal, so it looks fine to me.

Secondly, I recommend you use RespeQt, https://github.com/jzatarski/RespeQt

RespeQt is a fork of AspeQt which has some issues fixed and is totally free. The free versions of AspeQt are no longer updated, and the pay versions, well, probably aren't updated any more than the free versions.

Hi Joey Z,

Thanks for the warning, a great pity that AspeQt now commercial. Even I contributed in the first test versions and also support the Spanish language. Then I'll get in touch with people RespeQt to help.

regards

Hi Joey Z,

Thanks for the warning, a great pity that AspeQt now commercial. Even I contributed in the first test versions and also support the Spanish language. Then I'll get in touch with people RespeQt to help.

regards

I am the current maintainer of RespeQt. There is a subforum here for RespeQt. If you want to contribute anything, feel free.

• 3 years later...

There's no problem. I stumbled across the AspecQT repo on sourceforge yesterday, there an interesting commit message in there by Kr0tki about a 'deletion rampage' so I came here looking for the full story. I found this thread and read all of it, it was quite interesting up to Feb 2015, then silence for 7 months, then a comment from someone else saying 'use RespecQT its not commercial like AspecQT'.There is no prior mention of AspecQT going commercial, no mention of the 'deletion rampage' mentioned in Kr0tki's commit message, no mention of atari8warez's being banned. It was like reading a good whodunit and finding the last chapter missing.

So I said, "This thread really feels like a lot is missing between Feb and Sep 2015!"

I'm not comparing this to Chappaquiddick or anything, just "wow, that stopped suddenly, and not at the point I'd have expected it to!"