IGNORED

Is there a multi cart for the C64?

jeremysart

I highly recommend the 1541 Ultimate. I admit I have not tried any of the other "IEC solutions" which are cheaper.

I have original 1541 Ultimate and I liked it so much, I ordered 1541 Ultimate2 for backup. I want to be able to drag this out in 10 years (should I last that long myself) and play, and the creator/producer is not going to make a lifetime of making these. Unlike the original 1541U, the "2" comes with a case which will make it very professional and complete.

If you don't like the setup, you can always sell it. C64 following is much bigger than Atari or anything else, so it's no trouble finding a buyer on Ebay. Every time ONE goes up for sale on Ebay, it's "worldwide news" on the C64 scene and it brings nearly as much or more than it cost. Will probably be worth more in the future.

click to enlarge

post-16281-127031465875_thumb.jpg

post-16281-127031471357_thumb.jpg

I highly recommend the 1541 Ultimate.

The 1541 Ultimate sounds really cool, but I'm having a hard time justifying the price, which after shipping and fees comes to just under $195USD :(

Just in case anyone else was wondering, some info here states the daughtercard is the correct option for plugging into the back of the C64.

I'm happy just using my external 1541 drive or the 1541 built into my SX-64 for playing games. I love the retro experience of using the original hardware and disks just as much as the games I play on my C64s. Though a multi-cart does sound tempting for the hard to find titles. :roll: