IGNORED

Hack Project Thread (Galaxian Arcade, Double Dragon, Xenophobe, etc.)

KevinMos3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin! Love your old hacks, they've all got a permanent folder on my Harmony cart. I like your hack of my Drag Race hack much better than my original. :) l also love the Tomb Raider hack of Montezuma's Revenge and I'd love an unlimited lives version. I made one of the original game ~7 years ago and I used the original disassembly. Did you hack the source code or bit-hack the binary? If you have the source code I'd love a copy, it'd be cool to make a 'trainer' version of your hack.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys! I've been away for a few months but I'll have some updates when I return home.

Hey KevinMos3, I know it's an old thread, but would you ever consider making a PAL 60 version of your Commando Airborne?

If there is a PAL rom, I could look into it.

Hey Kevin! Love your old hacks, they've all got a permanent folder on my Harmony cart. I like your hack of my Drag Race hack much better than my original. :) l also love the Tomb Raider hack of Montezuma's Revenge and I'd love an unlimited lives version. I made one of the original game ~7 years ago and I used the original disassembly. Did you hack the source code or bit-hack the binary? If you have the source code I'd love a copy, it'd be cool to make a 'trainer' version of your hack.

Thanks! I'll look into making a trained version of the Tome Raider hack when I return home. Since you've already done the work, this should be pretty easy to implement. I should be home at the end of the month. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Athletic Land and Cabbage Patch Kids have been updated. The trees have been redrawn and the bee has been improved. The zip file contains 3 ROMs: one Athletic Land (with the boy), and two Cabbage Patch Kids (one with the blonde girl and one with the red haired girl). See pics for changes.

post-9364-0-00574800-1396657215_thumb.png

Athletic Land - Cabbage Patch Kids.zip

I forgot I did this one a couple years ago, probably because I didn't think it was worth uploading. However, I found it in my stash the other day and thought it was kinda cool, so here it is. This is my Commando hack with Rambo as the player and the color of the ground in the 1st mission changed to be more like Rambo: First Blood on the Sega Master System and Commodore 64.

post-9364-0-31536300-1396657279_thumb.png

Rambo.bin

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see someone hack the Burgertime graphics and make the hot dogs, eggs, & pickles look like such instead of moving squares...

I can't program/hack much, but the only two improvements I can think of are

- not to flicker the player and the bonus food item. Unless they are horizontal across from each other, the sprite could bee changed and repositioned above / below the bonus food item without flicker.

- the missiles and ball (sticks and cubes) mainly have to be its player's color so the chef missile maybe could change widths and slid left or right to create a blob egg-white shape? The hotdog's missile could similarly be slid around to make a hotdog or bacon like squiggle. The breadstick (ball) has to be the Playfield color so that's yellow. Unless you make a green Playfield that object can't be green.

All of the above comes down to how much kernel time the game has left, because they are not graphic hacks but programming tricks and there probably isn't much kernel time seeing as they change a register value to make the white and red/brown squares cycle widths. Now I'm just guessing here. You can change widths outside of the drawing kernel time.

Remind me to add my Berzerk Hack here when I'm done (link in signature).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello good doctor. I am going to make an Arcade Accurate Ms Pac-Man based off of your Pac-Man Work. Can I learn exactly how you made Arcade Pac-Man so that I can do what you have done but base it off of Arcade Ms Pac-Man?

Teach me everything including

What it will take to calculate the Appearances

What notes I must hum while checking the musical accuracy

How to make new maps based off of the Arcade Mazes

How to do your difficulty switch settings

and more.

Hello good doctor. I am going to make an Arcade Accurate Ms Pac-Man...

Huh?

Ancient Chinese secret: download this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=137655

Run in Stella or put on Harmony Flash cart.

Pretend you just finished programming it.

• 1 year later...

CDS Games recently posted some DD2 sprites which inspired me to rework the sprites in my old DD hack. I think the characters look much better now, thanks to his idea for the hair and arms. Here are a couple screenshots of the results:

post-9364-0-41376700-1484397694_thumb.png post-9364-0-47413000-1484397672_thumb.png

ROM download is in the 1st post.

• Like 1

Double Dragon: Arcade Style

Sprite & Color & Gameplay Edit

attachicon.gifDouble Dragon NES label mockup.jpg

***New Version!!!***

Seeing some sprites by CDS Games inspired me to rework the player/enemy sprites. Here is Release Candidate 4, also compatible with the Flashback Portable (RC3 is not). See the Cast of Characters image below for new sprites.

RC4 - Jan 13, 2017

attachicon.gifDouble Dragon (RC4).bin

Featured this morning on AFP GTG (Atari Flashback Portable: Good To Go)

Episode 6 and entire AFP GTG playlist can be found here :

Edited by doctorclu

Slightly tweaked Linda and Abobo. New Linda hit sprites as of RC4c. She now doubles over as if hit in the gut like the male enemies. See pics below:

post-9364-0-10677000-1484637087_thumb.png

post-9364-0-15465900-1484525718_thumb.png
ROM in 1st post now named RC4c to reflect update.
Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1

Tweaked Linda again. I'm now pretty satisfied with her sprite. Also made some changes to the outskirts screen with the fence (added green above fence to make it a little more like the arcade). I'm not convinced it should stay this way though. Input is welcome.

post-9364-0-85672900-1484637363_thumb.png

Updated ROM in 1st post.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Added a sprite/color hack of California Games to the 1st post. This is one of my favorite games on the system, but the hair (or lack thereof) of the footbag player always bothered me. I also changed the colors of the half-pipe just for something different, (not that it's better -- I just wanted something different after playing it all these years).

post-9364-0-64767800-1508219370_thumb.png

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Help! (please)

Love to save (bookmark) and Facebook-share runnable URLs to ROMs ... but am running into problems with the Galaxian hack (see URL below).

The problem is there are two bins in the zip, and it executes the invincibility one as opposed to the one I want :(

Is there any way to URL link just to the ‘Galaxian Arcade.bin’ file ?

Love this version of the 2600 game!! ... not so keen on the Invincible version (never, ever blowing up takes most of the excitement away for me).

http://javatari.org/?PAGE_BACK_CSS=rgb(188,179,143)&ROM= https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=233648