IGNORED

HOME ARCADE RETRO GAME ROOM VIDEO---MUST SEE!

redknight

I thought it was over with the pins but hell you go into another room yet with Monaco, Millipede, shuffle alley, Dragon's Lair and others...

The only one I would replace is Kick Man...maybe with Pong, Computer Space, Space Invaders, Galaxian, Asteroids or Galaga...

Very nice! The highlight for me is Sea Wolf - that is one of the must haves for my collection.

So, when's game night?

Do you need to have special electric installed to set up a room like that? I'm not an electrical genius, but it seems like you can't just plug in a bunch of power strips to the standard house power?

Shouldn't be "special" - just enough power to support it. What I did (in my minuscule game room) is calculate the total draw of what I felt would be the maximum number of arcade cabinets I could fit in the room. I then had two new 20 amp circuits installed to support it, which is more than enough.

Anyway, the OP may have more interesting details on how he had to setup the power.

Edited by rmaerz

I believe in the video, a pop-up said that he had a separate 100 amp circuit installed for that room.

I don't believe that would be possible for your average home. My house has 200 amps feeding the whole house, and some older homes only have 100 amps. To install a new 100 amp circuit would likely mean that a new power feed from the electric company would need to be ordered to your house.

Maybe that's exactly what he did.

But then again, I'm no power engineer, and I could have all that information completely wrong.

I believe in the video, a pop-up said that he had a separate 100 amp circuit installed for that room.

I don't believe that would be possible for your average home. My house has 200 amps feeding the whole house, and some older homes only have 100 amps. To install a new 100 amp circuit would likely mean that a new power feed from the electric company would need to be ordered to your house.

Maybe that's exactly what he did.

But then again, I'm no power engineer, and I could have all that information completely wrong.

I believe you're right. That's what I meant to say rather than "circuit." D'oh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Two words: KICK ASS!

That's easily one of the nicest retro arcade gameroom(s) I've ever seen in my life! Great selection and representation of the funnest (lol!) games too. Especially love the Williams pins: Jungle Lord, Blackout, Firepower, etc.

Edited by save2600

• 1 month later...

Holy! So I will bring a bucket of quarters when can I come over :D . I cant imagine the money it takes the buy all those cabinets and to supply power to all those games and lights. If i had that i would unplug them all and just plug the ones I want to play into a wall but you have something completely different. Did you have to order a special thing from the electric company or what? That's just amazing, most modern arcades aren't even that good.

Your arcade is gorgeous! Awesome job! Now I know what heaven looks like! :)

You captured the feel just right with the neon and how you designed the layout. All the machines look in top top condition too! That video got me kind of emotional remembering the classic days of the good ol' arcade. God I miss the 80s...

Here's your video so people don't have to leave this thread to see it: