IGNORED

Insect Combat for VB

atari2600land

You can draw anything you want up to 384x224 pixels in like Paint or something, I have a program that converts it to three colors and creates VB-compatible code. Note that I don't want the characters that big, something in the range of 75x75 pixels is how big I want them to be. Also, I have someone else who would want to help, but I'd love to see what you can come up with, maybe I'll use it. The image file type I want is bmp.

A little update. You can now press start to pause the game mid-fight. Pressing select while paused takes you back to the title screen. I was having some difficulty not being able to play the music once the game has been reset, but I think I resolved that issue. I tested it in a FlashBoy, and all seems to be working fine.Download here: Insect Combat page.

Edited by atari2600land

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated the website for this game and added a new ROM so you can see what I've been up to: http://www.atari2600...m/aegis/ic.html Works in Mednafen as well as a real VB tested with a FlashBoy. Here is a picture of Gi-Ant. All the fighters, including this one, will be designed by "morintari" of the PVB forums.

post-9475-0-05470100-1320741063.png

Hi, unfortunately the only way to do voice on the VB (at least for now) is to pause the game action, insert the voice, and then resume. So if I wanted a voice in, it would have to be something like in Galactic Pinball. Maybe a high-pitched, almost Chipmunk sounding voice saying "Insecticide!" when you press Start would be cool.

• 1 month later...

I made the Insecticide logo in 3D as well as made the background more in the back and the foreground more in the front. From these pictures you can't really see the 3D-ness I've (tried to?) put in the game, so your best bet to see this in all its glory is a FlashBoy since Mednafen doesn't have oscillating mirrors and the stuff that creates the 3D effect like the Virtual Boy. Please download the game so far here and tell me what you think of the 3D effect.

http://www.atari2600land.com/aegis/ic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, right now, I've changed the music in the beehive (which will be Rumblebee's home arena) to "Flight of the Bumblebee," which I found fitting. And I've also got the backgrounds to scroll like I wanted them to (the background scrolling independently from the foreground.) Link to ROM & code is in my signature.

• 2 months later...