IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2010 (Season 3)

cvga

Based on feedback from 2009, I'm moving the What have you PLAYED thread to the Classic Gaming forum for 2010. I'm hoping that it's new location will encourage people to post more and include more systems. As usual, if you can include the game, system and an estimate of how long you played (each game) I'll log it and compile a weekly Top Ten list. Thanks to all of you who have been faithfully posting so far. Everyone is encouraged to post.

Here is a general list of guidelines that have been developed by the Top Ten participants over the past year or so. I'm always open to suggestions on how to make this thread more enjoyable for everyone.

1. Each week runs Monday through Sunday (at midnight). I generally compile everything through noon (EST) on Monday to allow for different time zones.

2. Playing on actual game consoles is preferred although emulators are allowed. In some cases (homebrews in development) there is no alternative other than using an emulator.

3. Our definition of classic is basically 8 bit machines. This pretty much takes us up through NES, 7800, and SMS.

4. We also allow the TG-16 since it's an 8-bit processer (and the games have more of a classic feel to me). I've also grandfathered the Atari Jaguar because it's Atari. I have not been including (or even logging) Genesis, SNES, PS, XBox, Wii, etc.

5. Arcade games are permitted if they're from the classic era or a continuation of a classic theme (i.e. Super Qix)

6. Be sure to tell me how much time you've played. I generally give you credit for 5 minutes (unless there's something in your post that makes me think it's more or less) if you do not state the amount of time played.

Everyone is encouraged to participate!!!

• Like 2

CVGA:

Could you edit your first post to include links to the previous seasons along with some of the stat threads you created?

I don't have the option to edit it (maybe one of the mods could give me that power for this thread and make it a sticky) but here is a link to the Top 100 for 2009 that I just posted.

Top 100 for 2009

• Like 1

For January 1, 2010

I have so far played:

at around 2am

Xbox 360

Mushihimesama Futari Black Label - about 1 hour

Sega Master System

Global Defense - about 45 minutes

yeah, I went to sleep around 4am!

and this morning:

Sega Master System

Global Defense - about 30 minutes

Zillion II: Tri-Formation - about 30 minutes

All Atari 5200 games so far today:

Defender: 10 minutes

Pac-Man: 15 minutes

Centipede: 10 minutes

Missile Command: 20 minutes (mmm...trak-ball goodness)

Zone Ranger: 5 minutes

Astro Chase: 25 minutes

CVGA:

Could you edit your first post to include links to the previous seasons along with some of the stat threads you created?

I don't have the option to edit it (maybe one of the mods could give me that power for this thread and make it a sticky) but here is a link to the Top 100 for 2009 that I just posted.

Top 100 for 2009

I just added the Top Ten for various systems to the link above.

• Like 1

Here are the classic games that I played on classic systems to be logged in this thread located in the Classic Gaming General forum:

Mario Bros. 31 mins

Missile Command 4 mins

Moon Patrol 2 mins

Ms. Pac-Man 10 mins

Vectrex

Minestorm 3 mins

BerZerk 3 mins

Rip Off 4 mins

Arcade

Crystal Castles 2 mins

Donkey Kong 15 mins

Jr. Pac-Man 5 mins

Rip Off 3 mins

Space Fury 2 mins

Gorf 10 mins

Phoenix 7 mins

Scramble 5 mins

Cosmic Avenger 4 mins

Super Cobra 3 mins

Pengo 5 mins

Galaxian 35 mins

Galaga 60 mins

Frogger 10 mins

Juno First 5 mins

Sinistar 10 mins

Reactor 10 mins

Joust 5 mins

Joust II 5 mins

I've been looking at the calendar and will allow Week #1 of Season 3 to run until next Sunday. We'll have a slightly longer week to begin but since New Year's Day is on Saturday (I think) next year, we'll get in nearly a full week for week #52. That seems better than having a 3 day week to start Week #1 and running Week #52 for almost 2 full weeks.

Thanks to everyone who has already posted and gotten Season #3 off to a great start! Although I'm only tracking classic systems (think 8 bit plus anything we've grandfathered (i.e. Atari Jaguar)), it's still interesting to see what people are playing. I especially like the way rmaerz breaks out his playing by system and the way Kurt breaks his out into what qualifies for the Top Ten plus whatever additional games he has played!

Also, thanks to whoever gave me the rep points on the Top 100 plus Top Ten for each system for 2009! It lets me know that people are interested in seeing the compiled stats even if they don't comment on them.

• Like 4

I hate to be a bitch, but why are people posting genesis, cd-I, and xbox 360 games on here? Did you guy not read the first post and the rules?

That being said, very few of us play only (or often) just the few systems listed that are allowed. How about allowing at least 16 (and maybe 32) bit consoles? They are still considered classic according to these forums on atari age.

I don't notice the accepted console at first… I am sorry - I had post what I played that day.

my weekend stats as I can recall within the rules:

January 2:

Sega Master System

Global Defense - 2 hours

After Burner - 30 minutes

Zillion II: The Tri-Formation - 45 minutes

January 3:

Sega Master System

Global Defense - 1 hour

The Ninja - 30 minutes

Nintendo Entertainment System

Ice Climber - 15 minutes

Balloon Fight - 30 minutes

Clu Clu Land - 30 minutes

Edited by Sonic R

I hate to be a bitch, but why are people posting genesis, cd-I, and xbox 360 games on here? Did you guy not read the first post and the rules?

That being said, very few of us play only (or often) just the few systems listed that are allowed. How about allowing at least 16 (and maybe 32) bit consoles? They are still considered classic according to these forums on atari age.

There are varying opinions on just what exactly "classic" is. Strictly speaking from the console side, classic in my opinion is system released up to year 1986. Since the "Golden Age" of arcade gaming is considered to end somewhere between 1983-84, that allots for the home consoles that have a heavy concentration of classic arcade ports like the NES and 7800.