IGNORED

Harmony cart "THANK YOU!" thread

tremoloman2006

I ordered a couple of Atari T-shirts back on March 1st, so when my landlady told me I had a couple of packages today I figured they were the shirts. To my surprise I had the two T-shirts in one package - and the Harmony cart I just ordered last week in the other!

I had a spare 512MB SD card in an old camera, so I wiped that clean, copied a few BINs onto it, popped it into my 2600Jr - and it works perfectly!

Excellent! I am very happy with this item for a measly $50 - even the label looks great! :cool:

Yes, menus work great. I use the manufacturers' names: Activision, Atari, AtariAge, Imagic, CBS, etc. Then I list each cart in each folder alphabetically. I'm sure you could use whatever other scheme works for you: genre, year, alphbetical groupings, etc.

I pointed this out in a different thread, but since you can use nested folders, you can do creative/useful things like a "paddle games" folder inside each manufacturer's folder. That way, it's much easier to avoid those when playing joystick games and find them easily when you want to play a bunch of paddle games. I can never remember the third party paddle (etc) games.

I pointed this out in a different thread, but since you can use nested folders, you can do creative/useful things like a "paddle games" folder inside each manufacturer's folder. That way, it's much easier to avoid those when playing joystick games and find them easily when you want to play a bunch of paddle games. I can never remember the third party paddle (etc) games.

Great.. now I have hours to spend organizing.. :-) Incredible product! I don't care if they come out with a 7800 version soon (doubtful) but it would be 100% worth it!

Great.. now I have hours to spend organizing.. :-) Incredible product! I don't care if they come out with a 7800 version soon (doubtful) but it would be 100% worth it!

Wow.. now I'm going through thousands of roms... any chance anyone already has a zip file with them separated by manufacturer or anything? :-) That would be a great start.

Wow.. now I'm going through thousands of roms... any chance anyone already has a zip file with them separated by manufacturer or anything? :-) That would be a great start.

Here you go. This is only the commercial releases and prototypes already sorted out, and you'll see where I made the folders for paddles games and such. Just unzip each of these into one directory called Harmony or whatever.

Archive 2.zip

Archive 3.zip

Archive.zip

No problem guys. I should have shared a long time ago. You'll note the Ebivision are not in there of course, but otherwise, it should be pretty much complete original (non-homebrew/hack) releases except any recent protos or oddball stuff that has surfaced very recently (if anything, I don't know, I haven't kept up on that stuff too much lately).

EDIT: Also note that if you hold down the fire button, you can see the entire filename. That's why I kept a lot of pertinent info when I renamed everything, and ordered it by how important I felt the info was.

EDIT 2: And I just noticed that I have the 3 Starpath Party Mix files in the "multipart" folder, but those are actually the ones you'll want to use on the Harmony. Would be best to delete the one combined file and move the Party Mix 1-3 files out into the regular Starpath folder.

Thanks for those archives!

It's pretty complete; I just needed to add a few games (homebrews, Ebivision) that I thought were missing.

I hadn't realized there were that many third-party developers - and most of them terrible! I think I will create a folder called 'Other' and lump all the lousy developers there. I don't want to scroll through ten screens of text when I want to play games from a decent developer like Parker Bros or CBS...

Thanks for those archives!

It's pretty complete; I just needed to add a few games (homebrews, Ebivision) that I thought were missing.

I hadn't realized there were that many third-party developers - and most of them terrible! I think I will create a folder called 'Other' and lump all the lousy developers there. I don't want to scroll through ten screens of text when I want to play games from a decent developer like Parker Bros or CBS...

Yeah, I have all the homebrews and hacks in a completely separate archive. I didn't distribute that since it's based off ROMHunter's Hacks & Homebrews collection and I believe that was pulled shortly after release due to there possibly being some roms in there that the authors (or whoever) didn't want distributed, so I didn't think it was right.

The Ebivision ones I believe are also not supposed to be distributed, but I can't find them anyway, so... hence, missing! ;)

Good idea on putting a lot of the little developers in their own "other" folder. The main menu should load a little quicker that way also. The fewer entries you have in a folder, the quicker it seems to load.

• Like 1

Here you go. This is only the commercial releases and prototypes already sorted out, and you'll see where I made the folders for paddles games and such. Just unzip each of these into one directory called Harmony or whatever.

thank you for doing that. I downloaded the grouped zip files from AA but they are not laid out best for the harmony cart. this really saves me some time, thanks

• 1 month later...

Got mine this week. AWESOME!! I'm going to pack away my carts and will now am looking at similar options for my NES. I am from Australia, and this runs very well on my PAL 2600. Thanks for developing this!!

I think the NES PowerPak is similar (although much more expensive).

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got my Harmony Cart. And i've got to say, this thing is the most magical thing i've ever seen. I dont know what i can say about this thing that hasn't already been said. but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all the Harmony Dev Team and Atari Age. absolutely awesome job!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up my Harmony Cart from the mail. Loaded a standard SD 2gb with my first (broken) attempt at Batari Basic pretty easy. My Jr either has reception problems or a cheap RCA cable so the video quality stinks. Although, when I think back, the Atari consoles I played on as a kid were plenty static-y. Static + shadows = pure nostalgia :)

Anyway, I've got a hard time sticking to projects once I hit a few hurdles. I'll count the forced indenting in Batari and quirks in VisualbB as a few bumps in the road. Seeing my broken game on a real 2600 was a real moral booster! Real progress on a real TV.

Many thanks to AtariAge, Batari and all the rest for this wonderful product. I also hope the community continues to find new ways to exploit that ARM in there. Save-states and enhanced graphics and all.

I also hope the community continues to find new ways to exploit that ARM in there.

Me too - there were a lot of people chomping at the bit for us to release the DPC+ and ARM info. It's been a month now and I thought for sure we'd see at least the beginnings of some new games :(

Edited by SpiceWare

I got mine today and man...I love it! This is one of the best purchases I have ever made, next to of course purchasing the VCS in the first place! Thank you for the quick service and excellent product. If you create one for another system (namely 7800!) I will be all over it!

• 3 months later...

Just got my Harmony in the mail today. I bought a 2Gb SD card today (can't find 1Gb cards anymore.) I was about to format it when I remembered I had a 1Gb card in my Wii. So, after some file swapping, my Wii has a nice little upgrade and my Harmony has the 1Gb card. Gonna start loading it up now.

Also, just installed the A/V mod into my 7800, so now I'll be playing the Harmony Cart in crystal clear S-Video on my 32" LCD HDTV. Can life get any better?

Thank you SO VERY MUCH to everyone involved in the Harmony project. You've done an amazing service to the community. You guys rock...and stuff. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: