IGNORED

ADAM - Worth buying?

Ogma

Even a banged up one for $90 is a really good deal. But never used? Is it sealed!?!?

The owner removed the items from the box to photograph. Most everything is in original plastic bags, so not sealed and I'm not 100% sure it is "unused" but the condition looks incredible from what I have seen...

One other thing... I have seen Adam boxes that are predominately Blue, but this one is mostly red (red logos, etc.)

One other thing... I have seen Adam boxes that are predominately Blue, but this one is mostly red (red logos, etc.)

The red one is the "Expansion Module #3" version. You need a working ColecoVision to plug it into. The version with the blue box is the stand-alone version of the ADAM, which comes with its own integrated cartridge port.

Even a banged up one for $90 is a really good deal. But never used? Is it sealed!?!?

The owner removed the items from the box to photograph. Most everything is in original plastic bags, so not sealed and I'm not 100% sure it is "unused" but the condition looks incredible from what I have seen...

If it was sealed, then someone slap him.

I don't recall the Adam ever being sealed in the first place. Maybe mistaken, but thought it just had the huge slip top box.

I personally dig the Adam, and come of the games are great too! The Composite out is huge selling point to me, but that's only on the stand alone one. I'd look to see if the DDP's are still shrink wrapped-- if so that would be a huge indicator of 'never used' to me! I'd say $90 is fair, but would probably offer $75 considering the age and lack of usefulness IMO out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you plan on using the ADAM?If so,don't be surprised if some components don't work.After sitting in a box for like 30 years and was indeed not used,things could still dry up(ink tape ribbons) or seize(motors)from non use.

Edited by Rik

Adam used a carbon ribbon, not an ink ribbon. So there's nothing to dry up there. As far a seized motors, I really don't see why the typical Adam would have a problem unless it's been in a flood or something. There's tons and tons of old hard drives, disk drives, vcr's, tape players, record players, etc out there still going strong after many, many years.

Edited by else

Adam used a carbon ribbon, not an ink ribbon. So there's nothing to dry up there. As far a seized motors, I really don't see why the typical Adam would have a problem unless it's been in a flood or something. There's tons and tons of old hard drives, disk drives, vcr's, tape players, record players, etc out there still going strong after many, many years.

True enough!thanks for the headsup!,i just didn't want Ogma to be disappointed.I must have bad luck with this stuff cus almost nil i find still works.