IGNORED

Extended BASIC easier editing with Classic99

Primordial Ooze

I am trying to have a bit of fun and am trying to porting my web browser game Cell Wall Rebound to the TI-99/4A. So far i haven't had to redo any significant changes that requires me to retype more then one line. I would like to know if it is possible to edit my Extended BASIC source using textpad/notepad and then importing it into extended basic. I would hate to get my game nearly finished to then have to retype it all over again because of 1 line that i have to add to the middle of my source. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Cell Wall Rebound

Classic99 has a brilliant "Paste" function.... Any editing you need to do in notepad is great, just copy it and paste it directly into Classic99s Extended BASIC screen. I'll post a video on editing next week sometime to my YouTube channel.... Classic99 makes it very easy to edit and manipulate code.

Also, if you find the need to add a line in the middle, after entering the program, you should be able to just use a line number that falls in between the line numbers already in use. For example, if your existing code is:

100 CALL CLEAR :: CALL SCREEN(2)
105 X$="HELLO, WORLD!" :: R=10 :: C=11 :: X=LEN(X$)
110 FOR P=1 TO X :: P$=SEG$(X$,P,1):: CALL HCHAR(R,C,ASC(P$)):: C=C+1 :: NEXT P
115 GOTO 115

Now you type RUN and hit the "Enter" key... The screen turns black, and... WTF?!? Nothing! You facepalm and realize that you forgot to change the screen color after all the text is printed. No problem! You FCTN-4, type

112 CALL SCREEN(14)

and RUN again.

If your line numbers are incremented by 1 and you need to add a line, you can RESEQUENCE your line numbers. just type

RES 10,5

and your program will now start at line 10, with line numbers incremented by 5. All GOTO and GOSUB statements will automatically be updated with the correct new line numbers. The only thing is, if any statement references a line number that doesn't exist, the invalid number is changed to 32767.

Hi there! It's nice seeing new games being written for the TI-99/4A :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's a nice little machine really. Do you have an Extended Basic instruction manual ?

If not, I'll see if I can send you a PDF version :)

Keep up the good work!

retrocluds

EDIT: in the meantime you might want to check here: Extended Basic online manual

Edited by retroclouds

Instead of entering EDIT, you can just enter the <line number> and use arrow key up or down to edit.

Actually, according to the manual I have, that's the only way to enter EDIT mode. The manual says that using the command "EDIT nn" (where nn is whatever line number you want to start at) will return an error.

Okay, I was reading the manual at work last night, trying to re-learn the stuff I used to know...

You'll get the hang of using those functions.... Let's say for instance that line 300 is:

300 FOR I=1 TO 10 :: CALL HCHAR(I,1,100,24):: NEXT I

and then let's say that line 310 needs to be the exact same, except

for just a couple small

changes.... You type in "FCTN8" and line 300 will appear again, fully editable, including the line number. Just scroll over using the arrow keys to change line number, and whatever else you need to change...

310 FOR I=11 TO 20 :: CALL HCHAR(I,1,101,24):: NEXT I

this will display CHR$ 100 on every character on the screen rows 1-10 and every character from lines 11-20 will be CHR$ 101.

Instead of entering EDIT, you can just enter the <line number> and use arrow key up or down to edit.

Actually, according to the manual I have, that's the only way to enter EDIT mode. The manual says that using the command "EDIT nn" (where nn is whatever line number you want to start at) will return an error.

Okay, I was reading the manual at work last night, trying to re-learn the stuff I used to know...

That's right. EDIT works with TI Basic, but not TI Extended Basic.

:)