IGNORED

Beebris Special Edition Jag-CD Now For Sale!

CyranoJ

Hi,

We are considering a release of a special edition of Beebris Tribute on Jag-CD. The pack would ship in a DVD case, with glossy insert, and 2 CDs.

CD1 would contain:

• Beebris in Jaguar CD format ready for play.

CD2 would contain:

• Beebris in BJL format.
  • Beebris in .ROM format.
  • Beebris CD-Image (So you can make a backup/burn another one if your Jag CD is fussy about CD1)
  • Beebris Jaguar Source Code.
  • Beebris Atari ST Source Code.
  • MSA disk image of the Atari ST Apathetic Games (Containing Beebris and Overscan Light Cycles)
  • Source code for the Atari ST Apathetic Games
  • Playable pre-alpha version of Tapperesque (The one you all saw in the video)
  • Chance to win a signed CD of our next game, serial number 000001

Obviously, if people would be prepared to pay a little bit more we could make the packaging a bit better (Maybe lightscribe the disks or something.)

Anyway, we'd like to get some feedback from you all first before we invest any time or money into this.

[Edited to add some screenshots!]

post-11520-12637189714_thumb.png

post-11520-126371897876_thumb.png

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 7

I'd never heard of this game before. Is this a Tetris clone?

From the screenshots, especially the one located to the right side, it certainly looks like a Tetris clone/variant so I'm curious to see your query answered too.

From the thread's opening description featuring all those Atari ST references I can't help wondering whether its essentially a tarted up ST-level effort that's largely been coded solely using the 68K.

• Like 1

I looked at the web site he linked to and it is definitely a Tetris clone. The game has 4 variants: Beebris, Beebris +, Arcade, and Arcade +. I'm interested in getting it based on what I read. I do not know if it does take advantage of the full tech on the Jaguar, though, but it still looks fun.

I looked at the web site he linked to and it is definitely a Tetris clone. The game has 4 variants: Beebris, Beebris +, Arcade, and Arcade +. I'm interested in getting it based on what I read. I do not know if it does take advantage of the full tech on the Jaguar, though, but it still looks fun.

On the basis it is indeed yet another Tetris clone/variant, appearing as a SE re-release in the year 2010 no less, I can only therefore respond in saying fair enough to you if you're content with playing such a thing on the Atari Jaguar 64-bit Interactive Multimedia System. "Each to their own" as the saying goes. Pretty colours excepted, playing Tetris on my monochrome screen circa-1989/'90 Game Boy will do me just fine. :)

Edited by dreamcastrip
  • Like 2

Well the game has also been released for free ao you could download it and check it for yourself. I've played both the ST and Jaguar versions and I can tell you that it's indeed an excellent tetris clone. It also runs on project tempest but it might not give you the same feeling as running it on the real hardware.

You can get it here:

http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/dbugforums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1263755093/5#5

• Like 4

On the basis it is indeed yet another Tetris clone/variant, appearing as a SE re-release in the year 2010 no less, I can only therefore respond in saying fair enough to you if you're content with playing such a thing on the Atari Jaguar 64-bit Interactive Multimedia System. "Each to their own" as the saying goes. Pretty colours excepted, playing Tetris on my monochrome screen circa-1989/'90 Game Boy will do me just fine. :)

Well, as stated in the 1st post, this is a tribute.

Sometimes people like a game so much that they remake it for one of their beloved system, this is not the first time, this will probably not be the last.

As source code is included, every may discover if the game make use of 68k only or other procs ;)

About the game itself, this is not an accurate Tetris clone, as it gives you more than Tetris. More modes, more options. Now, I can understand that Tetris is so unique that for a purist, only the original version (or say, maybe the adaptation on GameBoy which has been widely spreaded) is woth to play. Personnally, I love the fact that Tetris became such an icon that many tentative to improve or change it has been done, I loved Block Out, Beetris, The New Tetris, Magical Tetris... and of course Tetrisnoid :ponder: :cool:

To get back on topic, as I don't have a Jag CD, I am not interested, but I hope that this initiative will have a positive conclusion.

• Like 4

It is a great Tetris clone. Really. Music is also excellent. If you're a Tetris fan and Jag fan you're going to be spraying in your pants.

Other than that its just a Tetris clone. To each their own.

• Like 1

icon_frown.gif "Nevermind. If you want to play it you can download it for free. No need to spend any money on a tetris clone."

icon_rolleyes.gif"I already have Jagtris anyway so what was the point in another Tetris clone for the Jag? Maybe Reboot should do an original project instead of just another rehash of an ST public domain game."

It call it supporting the homebrewers! If ya don't want it, or like it, don't buy it, or play it.

I think they are being very nice on giving it out for free or you can buy a nice package deal too if you want.

They are not trying to charge for a download or to join a site to get it, or charge $60-$90 for this package either.

I see no problem....other than people being negative.

And so its a "clone" or "a rehash"....icon_ponder.gif um so are ALOT of homebrews.

Lets see just afew I own:

PacMan 7800

PacMan Jr 7800

Mrs PacMan 7800

PacMan Collection 7800

Space Invaders 7800

Gorf CD Jaguar

INV 2600

INV+ 2600

Gorf SE CD Jaguar

B*NQ 7800

Beef Drop 7800

Brett Hull Hockey CD Jaguar

Asteroids Deluxe 7800

And abunch more.....

I bought all these (homebrews) some had the game for download some didnt...but I support our troops.

So why is this game any different to you?

So if a slightly upgraded (maybe CD Music or better textures or more levels or new enemies) AVP, Cannon Fodder, Iron Soldier 2 (What they already did that!icon_rolleyes.gif ) or Tempest 2000 came out on a CD for the Jaguar you wouldn't be on that, or willing to dish out say $15....maybe you'd pay more huh!

Please just stop with you negative comments and instead of telling people what to do..get off your but and do something then.

I'd love a new original game too, but throwing trash or dissing programmers wont make them want to do anything but say screw you.

If ya don't have anything good to say, don't say it and let us enjoy it and go it your cheese and cracker in your own bed.

Oh yeah I forgot about all those "rehashed" & "HD" Arcade games on XBOX LIVE that I bought too...

TRON

Contra

Galaga

Dig Dug

Super C

Rushin Attack

Rally X

PacMan

PacMan CE

Gauntlet

SFII:CE HD

Again abunch more I don't feel like listing..

icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm happy to see people supporting the Jag Community.

You can count me in.

Keep it up guys!

• Like 9

You forgot who it is by. I always support homebrew. But not hombrew by Reboot. Sorry.

And that's exactly the point isn't it? It would have been much more productive to the whole discussion if you had explained that instead of attacking the graphical merits of a Tetris clone!

And speaking of ST freeware games. I'd really like to see a Starball quality game for the Jaguar. Even if it didn't use anything but the 68000!

Edited by Christos
  • Like 4