Photo

Flashback 2+ for preorder on Atari.com, get a free T-shirt

387 replies to this topic

#226 ferghead OFFLINE  

ferghead

Chopper Commander

• 197 posts

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 PM

Tooling changes were not made - takes 30 days to implement new steel dies and then there is the costs involved. No time to make any changes and again this project was to be done with no hardware incurred costs.

I changed the design on my USB joysticks, if you look at the hubs that the sticks connect to, I changed them when a ribbed design to vastly increase the strength, increased the thickness of the contact tabs by an extra 1mm and changed the ABS plastic mixture to make it a little more flexible, less rigid and less breakable. Lastly so many complained about sticks unscrewing themselves, I created a "Lock Stick" design.

Curt

I am strangely turned on right now. :lust:

I missed out on the Flashback 2, hopefully I'll be able to pick this one up, mainly for Adventure 2 and the new games I haven't heard of before. Thanks!

#227 ActionGeek OFFLINE  

ActionGeek

Space Invader

• 28 posts

Posted Tue Feb 2, 2010 4:24 PM

Why is it that when I go to pre-order, they will only let me get a FREE size XL t-shirt? Are they assuming that Atari fans are all XL? I could fit in an XL with two friends. Give me a freakin' MEDIUM!!!!!

#228 lapetino OFFLINE  

lapetino

Moonsweeper

• 407 posts

Posted Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:46 AM

Curt, is there any word on when these will be released in stores--for Wal-Mart and Target? I would assume there will be a period that Atari sells them exclusively on their site before the big chains get them--right?

#229 famicommander OFFLINE  

famicommander

Dragonstomper

• 677 posts
  • Jukebox Hero

Posted Wed Feb 3, 2010 9:59 PM

I just preordered mine. Can't wait to get it, as I didn't get the original Flashback or Flashback 2.

#230 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,579 posts

Posted Wed Feb 3, 2010 10:14 PM

I'd like to hear what athe sales are so far for this new FB2, they ought to be pretty high-- I know I've been talking it up to everybody.

#231 famicommander OFFLINE  

famicommander

Dragonstomper

• 677 posts
  • Jukebox Hero

Posted Wed Feb 3, 2010 11:34 PM

We need to help get the word out ourselves.

I posted about it on my site. Now we need to help spread the word through the major online gamer communities - Gamespot, IGN, GameTrailers, 1up, GameFAQs, and Giant Bomb.

#232 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 3,111 posts
  • http://ccg.podomatic.com

Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010 6:52 AM

We need to help get the word out ourselves.

I posted about it on my site. Now we need to help spread the word through the major online gamer communities - Gamespot, IGN, GameTrailers, 1up, GameFAQs, and Giant Bomb.

The thing is with "gamer communities", there are more video game websites(such as the ones you mentioned) then there are video games. A lot of "me too" video game sites. It's diluted, and often one news story will be copied to all the other sites.

#233 Curt Vendel OFFLINE  

Curt Vendel

River Patroller

• 4,436 posts

Posted Fri Feb 5, 2010 7:24 AM

Sorry, I don't have that info. I believe they are looking to I think Walmart and possibly Target, but that is not a solid thing, if/when I have more info that I can release I will let everyone know.

Curt

Curt, is there any word on when these will be released in stores--for Wal-Mart and Target? I would assume there will be a period that Atari sells them exclusively on their site before the big chains get them--right?

#234 lapetino OFFLINE  

lapetino

Moonsweeper

• 407 posts

Posted Fri Feb 5, 2010 9:13 AM

Sorry, I don't have that info. I believe they are looking to I think Walmart and possibly Target, but that is not a solid thing, if/when I have more info that I can release I will let everyone know.

Curt

Thanks for the heads-up, Curt. :)

#235 Pacfan97 OFFLINE  

Pacfan97

Chopper Commander

• 222 posts

Posted Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:39 PM

I've already pre-ordered mine!
I can't wait till it comes!!!! Posted Image

#236 Buck OFFLINE  

Buck

Dragonstomper

• 576 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 PM

WHOA!! Where did Atari put the page for the Flashback2+ As of 10:03 CST, it is MIA. Link redirects to main Atari page and search comes up with no results!! What's the deal-io?!!

#237 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 29,786 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 PM

WHOA!! Where did Atari put the page for the Flashback2+ As of 10:03 CST, it is MIA. Link redirects to main Atari page and search comes up with no results!! What's the deal-io?!!

That is interesting.

..Al

#238 Buck OFFLINE  

Buck

Dragonstomper

• 576 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:12 PM

That is interesting.

..Al

Agreed. I have been debating pre-ordering from Atari vs buying from retail. I checked the link periodically. This was a surprise. (BTW, Hi Albert. Long time. I've been gone since the CC2 beta test days. I'll try to be around more.)
edit:fixed goofed up quote crap

Edited by Buck, Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 PM.

#239 Havok69 OFFLINE  

Havok69

Dragonstomper

• 903 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 PM

Well it's being released in 10 days - guess you'll have to wait a little bit longer. That's what you get for procrastinating!

#240 famicommander OFFLINE  

famicommander

Dragonstomper

• 677 posts
  • Jukebox Hero

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:22 AM

Did they run out of preorder gifts or something?

#241 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 6,627 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 AM

Did they run out of preorder gifts or something?

Maybe, or maybe they're just winding down preorders now that the release date is so close. Whatever the reason, if you snooze, you lose. I'm glad I got my preorder in when I had the chance.

#242 famicommander OFFLINE  

famicommander

Dragonstomper

• 677 posts
  • Jukebox Hero

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 AM

Agreed.

#243 Wickeycolumbus OFFLINE  

Wickeycolumbus

River Patroller

• 4,587 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:08 PM

I was just about to pre-order :x I hope they didn't sell out!

#244 Emehr OFFLINE  

Emehr

River Patroller

• 3,756 posts
  • Happiness is... a chomping Pac-Man!

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:29 PM

if you snooze, you lose

Hey, this is the internet. You can't go around spelling loose 'L-O-S-E'. That's rediculous! :D

(I snoosed and loosed :()

(And yes, this has been a long day :lol:)

#245 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Quadrunner

• 8,024 posts
  • \m/

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 PM

I was just about to pre-order :x I hope they didn't sell out!

I knew I should have bought 20 of them to resell at $500 a pop like that Odyssey-Hoarder-Guy...

#246 Buck OFFLINE  

Buck

Dragonstomper

• 576 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:54 PM

What strikes me as odd is the fact that the page didn't say something to the effect of,"Sorry, we are no longer taking pre-orders at this time" Or anything, really. A redirect to the main page without an explanation is kindy crummy. Then when you navigate to the "Classic Games Console" link via Platforms, it just says "no result" It almost has the feel that not only are pre-orders done, but that the console won't be available later at all. Now that would suck.

#247 Gregory DG OFFLINE  

Gregory DG

TAT IS BACK!

• 10,816 posts
  • Go Cardinals!

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 PM

Glad to see the proper Atari logo is back. Let's not change it again, mmmkay?

Also, RealSports Volleyball would have been a great inclusion. Probably the most fun RealSports title in the 2600 library. Ah well...

#248 Curt Vendel OFFLINE  

Curt Vendel

River Patroller

• 4,436 posts

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 PM

RS Volleyball has been done already, it was time for some different titles, so I chose boxing, doubledunk (I was going to put in RS Basketball, but it has some issues so I through DD would be a better choice) baseball, football and hopefully if it goes international - people will appreciate RS Soccer being included as well. I was so focused on the sports titles and then trying to see if we could do a zero component change fix to allow the video touch pad to work, that I should've included Solaris and I wish I had.

Yes - seeing the proper fuji logo and not some stupid modern hybrid crap really warms the heart :-)

Curt

Glad to see the proper Atari logo is back. Let's not change it again, mmmkay?

Also, RealSports Volleyball would have been a great inclusion. Probably the most fun RealSports title in the 2600 library. Ah well...

#249 TwinChargers OFFLINE  

TwinChargers

Dragonstomper

• 958 posts

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 AM

Any idea why Atari decided to take there product off its webpage? Even if they are not going to be taking anymore orders online, it would still be good to advertise for it since they plan on selling it through retail locations, correct? Getting rid of the page and having absolutely no mention of it on your site seems kind of odd to me.

#250 NinjaWarrior OFFLINE  

NinjaWarrior

Stargunner

• 1,241 posts

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:25 PM

and when Target going to stock them??

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users