IGNORED

Flashback 2+ for preorder on Atari.com, get a free T-shirt

That sounds pretty lame, I wonder if anyone else had their order canceled, and if so, if they used that promo code. Given that your order was canceled and they waffled around as to the reason why and the fact that the promo code no longer works is pretty damn suspicious to me.

..Al

• Like 1

I finally got around to shipping out some Flashbacks some friends (Mr. Atari) ordered in the Netherlands. Naturally before shipping I took some pictures (since I have little interest in the slightly modified system myself.)

post-4709-126827728488_thumb.jpg

post-4709-126827729693_thumb.jpg

post-4709-126827731254_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got a response from Atari about my canceled order, they told me to re-order and send them the order number. I did that and they sent me an email telling me they are processing a %50 refund, so looks like I will be getting my 2 flashback 2+ after all.

• Like 1

I think I got very lucky, or maybe it's because I ordered two, but I placed my order on Wednesday and my order went through (with the 50% off code) and it's currently in transit:

Dear Robert DeCrescenzo, 

Thanks again for your recent order from Atari.com. Your order has been shipped from the Atari warehouse according to your preferences. If you would like to track your order, please click on the shipping link below.
Tracking Number
(UPS Tracking Number Here)

Your order information is listed below for your reference: 

Order Number: 000000000  (I masked this)
Order Date: 10-MAR-10

Robert DeCrescenzo

Ship To:
Robert DeCrescenzo

Product Name	Qty Ordered	Price
Atari Flashback 2+ Console	2	$40.00

Sub Total: $40.00
Tax: $4.74
Shipping: $15.00
Total: $59.74

Order information for: Atari Flashback 2+ Console Physical ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Registration Number: None 

If you have questions regarding DOWNLOAD & BILLING please contact Atari, Inc. at:

http://www.findmyorder.com.

If you have questions regarding PRODUCT & TECHNICAL SUPPORT please contact Atari, Inc. at:

http://www.atarisupport.com.

Thank you for your order! 

Atari Customer Service

The funny thing about this, is that when you go into 'find my order', it takes you to a FedEx link! The tracking number I got was clearly a UPS one, so I went to UPS' site, and got a delivery estimate of 3/16/10. It's in transit.

Bob

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry; the shelves of Walmart/Target will be choking with the leftover units...you'll pickem' for 20 bux, if not less!

Whatever gave you that idea? If anything goes to Walmart/Target, it'll be from an additional run.

Just speculation, of course...most of the news I hear about the FB2+ seems to be 'bad news', cancelled orders, missing webpages, price increases. Just sounds like a poorly planned and executed affair, really. So I'm thinking that they're going to end up with a bunch of extra product on their hands, and that would eventually filter it's way into the bargain bins of big box stores.

But I'm sure you have an inside scoop, so perhaps you can enlighten.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...