IGNORED

What's the first Colecovision game you played?

cimerians

Thanks to Opcode and everyone here I'm really getting into the system again so for nostalgias sake:

Whats the first game you played, even if you got the system recently?

I saw the commercials mostly when I was a kid but I remember seeing a Colecovision set up at a Sears store and I saw Smurf Rescue on it and I was amazed by the graphics. I thought if they could do that then the arcade games should be spot on and they mostly were.

I was the first kid on the block to get it and I picked up the Smurf game too, so I had Smurf and Donkey Kong. The next game I got I think was Donkey Kong Jr. Two other friends picked up the system after I did.

One of the most suprisingly underated games is Wargames, with a good working controller and overlay (unless you memorized the map) its a great strategy game.

My uncle who lived in the next town over, bought the Colecovision one Christmas for his kids. It was a dual purpose gift: gave the system to his son, and the free Cabbage Patch Doll to his daughter! lol I guess I do remember being impressed with the graphics and gameplay at the time. How "arcade" like it was, although I can't say I really ever coveted the system. It was great, but having grown up in a house full of arcade games, never felt compelled to get one back then. Guess I somehow felt the 2600 was "good enough" back then. lol

First Colecovision game I'd say I ever played and was eager to try out was Donkey Kong. Zaxxon might have been the second. There was another that we played a lot, but I can't remember the name of it. I think you were in the water though, maybe a speedboat and you had to pick things up on the sides and avoid stuff. Does this ring a bell to anyone or is my memory totally fubar'd? lol

They also ended up with the Atari 2600 adapter, which was cool because I could bring my games over to play then. We used to play a lot of 2600 Pole Position and Venture on it.

As I recall, I got the system, Lady Bug, Space Fury, Zaxxon, Venture, and Carnival all at once back when it was released. I'm pretty sure the first game I played was Donkey Kong, the pack-in. I remember being blown away by all the games except Space Fury, which at the time seemed like some of the poorer-quality 2600 games. Lady Bug, Venture, and Zaxxon are still great fun to me, while Carnival has moved up my list and become one of my favorite games. Space Fury I still play every once in a while just for the heck of it.

Smurf. No one in my neighborhood had a Coleco, but the kid who lived down the street from my grandmother did. Every summer when I went to visit her I'd hook up with that kid and we'd play Smurfs on his Coleco (and some other games too like DK). The graphics were like nothing I'd ever seen before.

Tempest

Seems Donkey Kong is the first for many and I remember being a little upset about the pie level being missing. It didnt matter though cause at that time it was the best version I had until the C64 (pie level included) and the NES (pie level missing again!)

Another game where I felt the graphics were really good was the cartoonish BC's Quest. :D

It was either Smurf Rescue or one of the B.C. games (the first one, I think). A friend of my dad's brought them over along with his CV, and he let me try one or both games. I don't think I really figured out how to play them at the time, but I was certainly impressed by the detailed, colorful graphics.

Before switching on the Colecovision just after unpacking it on that christmas morning I never saw it on screen for real. All I had seen was screenshots in magazines. And Woaw! I couldn't believe the quality of its graphics.

The first game I played was for sure Donkey Kong as it was bundled with the machine. Then Zaxxon and Smurf. Gorf and Cosmic Avenger came later. Arcade at home, man !

My cousin had an Intellivision and I used to play with the VCS of a friend of mine. Colecovision ruled !

In '84 I owned an ADAM first, and so played Buck Rogers (on tape) until my hands hurt. As I recall the first CV game I went out and got was Venture, payed about $35 at Zellers for it. At the time, I had no real exposure to any other game console to tell you the truth. A relative had an Atari 600 and a neighbour had a Vic 20 but I really dont recall seeing any other game consoles until later on, no one I knew owned one (!?) I spent a lot of time in arcades though on Yonge St in Toronto feeding quarters into Asteroids, Space Invaders, and Pinball.

First game I played was D.K,while it was fun for awhile,but then I got Mr.Do,and that was by far the best game.

I sat and played that for hours,what a waste of time.But it kind of got to a point of being mezmorized(sp)......

I also liked the Burgertime for it,which I thought had much better game play and graphics then Intellivision

I bought my CV brand new so the 1st game i played was the pack-in DK.I didn't have enough money to buy more games at the time,i was very young.I think DK was the 1st game played for many due to the huge hype behind it,many were anxious to try it right away.

First system we got at home was Colecovision, it was in early '83

First game I ever played were MouseTrap, Donkey Kong and Venture

The games I used to rent all the time at my Video Store were Bc's Quest For Tire & Montezuma'a Revenge

I play with my CV every weeks, at least one time a week,I always like to play some homebrews

... Gotta get home to my Colecovision ;)

Like most people it was good old Donkey Kong and it blew me away.

The week my spoiled cousin got the ColecoVision system he introduced me to it and we played it for hours nonstop.

He got the system with all of the released games at that time: Donkey Kong, Carnival, Cosmic Avenger, Ladybug, Mouse Trap, Smurf Rescue, Space Panic, Turbo, Venture, and Zaxxon. That setup amounted to a nice few hundred dollars which was a decent chunk of cash back in 1982!

I was literally speechless as I watched and listened to the graphics and sound effects of each game. It really was the arcade experience at home - there was nothing else to compete with it at that moment in time. It was like video game heaven and it was so cool to be a kid and experience it.

The Atari computers (and 5200) repeated that experience with its arcade ports and computer games and to a lesser degree the C64 computer but the ColecoVision broke many barriers and truly set the standard for home video gaming at that awesome time.

First Coleco game I ever played was Centipede...

I was totally amazed at how fast it was and how it actually had sound that made since to the arcade game at the pizza parlour. I loved the colors, the sounds and the game play, but I had to play it with my old Atari 2600 controller. The coleco controller never has been a fan of mine.

I looked back at the Atari 2600 version and used to ask myself why? Why did I think that was a good game when someone made it better for the Coleco...

Then my brother broke the Coleco. To this day I still do not own Centipede on the Coleco...

Really havn't tried to find it though...

So many fond memories!