IGNORED

Character patterns

sometimes99er

There’s not that many applications that run exactly the same with different platforms and perhaps browsers. There’s C, but you have to compile it, then there Java, and perhaps Javascript, and then there’s also Flash with its ActionScript. According to Adobe there’s support (different downloads) for quite some platforms and browsers. The previous version of Flash, that’s version 9, works on Windows 98 and up, on Macintosh 10.1 and up, and many packs of Linux. The browsers include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, AOL and SeaMonkey.

I’m not sure this one will work on all of the above. It’s even trying to use the clipboard of the host to paste character patterns for use with TI Basic and Extended Basic.

This is only a quick and dirty version. I’ve been thinking about adding functionality like rotate, flip, mirror, scroll, move, colors and preview. You’ll need Flash, either a standalone player or a browser plug-in. Anyways it’s reaching 99% of Internet-enabled desktops (Java about 77% according to a Millward Brown survey, conducted December 2009).

The font and graphics are vector based, so you can resize to fit almost any resolution. Other than that I hope it’s intuitive and easy to use. And it’s less than 9 KB in size.

Use these links to run through a browser:

Original size

Super size

Edited by sometimes99er

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sometimes.... What do you need for a sound utility? What are you looking to do with it exactly?

Hello Opry

Well, if I were to do a sound utility, it would probably come out in 2 versions. A light version for Flash and a Java version with whistles and bells.

If I were to say what I needed for a sound utility. Well, I should be able to enter, edit, insert and delete notes and play them at any point much like if the notes were coming from a 4A. One should be able to see several notes at the same time, and probably much like 1 of the 4 below. I tried to name them as best as I can. When I save I want the music (or soundeffect) to be an “ordinary” soundlist (data statements) for inclusion directly in assembler source.

sound001.png

:cool:

Hey Sometimes.... What do you need for a sound utility? What are you looking to do with it exactly?

Hello Opry

Well, if I were to do a sound utility, it would probably come out in 2 versions. A light version for Flash and a Java version with whistles and bells.

If I were to say what I needed for a sound utility. Well, I should be able to enter, edit, insert and delete notes and play them at any point much like if the notes were coming from a 4A. One should be able to see several notes at the same time, and probably much like 1 of the 4 below. I tried to name them as best as I can. When I save I want the music (or soundeffect) to be an “ordinary” soundlist (data statements) for inclusion directly in assembler source.

sound001.png

:cool:

Very impressive graphics utilities!

As for a sound editor, there's two real needs here: the ability to transcribe musical notation easily and create sound effects easily. I'd go for two different utilities for each need.

One thing that would be VERY useful for a 99'er is the ability to enter sheet music as is, and have the program "adjust" the octaves so that notes that the TI is unable to play forces it to restructure the music to the higher octave range.

Adamantyr

I've been working on a converter to go from CALL SOUNDs to A/L bytes--- but why not take it a step further? :). I could modify it to at least get us halfway there--- color coded tiles that represent a "key" such as "A" or "Ab" would be nice--- the user, after clicking a tile would then be prompted to select an octave... It's not quite as nice as an "input sheet music", but it puts us a little closer to an integrated music synth for the TI. :)

Very impressive graphics utilities!

Thanks. Guess you already got some tools of your own ?

As for a sound editor, there's two real needs here: the ability to transcribe musical notation easily and create sound effects easily. I'd go for two different utilities for each need.

Yes, I see your point. The needs could be quite different. I’ll go down that path.

One thing that would be VERY useful for a 99'er is the ability to enter sheet music as is, and have the program "adjust" the octaves so that notes that the TI is unable to play forces it to restructure the music to the higher octave range.

Okay, like maybe only adjusting the player, not the input, and then just a dynamic info box about necessary transpose (+1 = C to D et al). Great !

:)

I've been working on a converter to go from CALL SOUNDs to A/L bytes--- but why not take it a step further? :). I could modify it to at least get us halfway there--- color coded tiles that represent a "key" such as "A" or "Ab" would be nice--- the user, after clicking a tile would then be prompted to select an octave... It's not quite as nice as an "input sheet music", but it puts us a little closer to an integrated music synth for the TI. :)

I think it is great to have new tools both on the TI and cross platform. An "input sheet music" on the TI is absolutely plausible. This one below is for the Tomy Tutor. It has "input notes" in data statements kinda.

Canned Music (James Host)
100 DIM N(7,4),S(7,4),L(250),R(250)
110 FOR I=1 TO 4 :: FOR J=1 TO 7 :: READ N(J,I) :: NEXT J :: NEXT I
120 FOR I=1 TO 4 :: FOR J=1 TO 7 :: READ S(J,I) :: NEXT J :: NEXT I
125 GOSUB 700
130 C=0 :: Q=0 :: K=1
140 GOSUB 600 :: R(C)=M :: IF Q=0 THEN 140
150 C=0 :: Q=0 :: K=1
160 GOSUB 600 :: L(C)=M :: IF Q=0 THEN 160
170 FOR I=1 TO C :: SOUND(D,R(I),V,L(I),V) :: NEXT I
180 PRINT "PLAY IT AGAIN"; :: INPUT F$ :: IF SEG$(F$,1,1)="Y" THEN 170
190 END
600 READ F$ :: IF SEG$(F$,1,1)="K" THEN K=VAL(SEG$(F$,2,1)) :: GOTO 690
610 IF F$="R" THEN M=40000 :: GOTO 680
620 IF F$="Q" THEN Q=1 :: GOTO 690
630 M=N(ASC(SEG$(F$,1,1)) AND 7,K) :: IF LEN(F$)=2 THEN M=S(ASC(SEG$(F$,1,1)) AND 7,K)
680 C=C+1
690 RETURN
700 D=30 :: V=3 :: SCREEN(13) :: CLS :: COLOR(0,16,2)
710 PRINT "        CANNED MUSIC" :: FOR I=1 TO 10 :: PRINT :: NEXT I
790 RETURN
1000 ! NOTE TABLE - NATURAL
1010 DATA 110,123,131,147,165,175,196
1020 DATA 220,247,262,294,330,349,392
1030 DATA 440,494,523,587,659,698,784
1040 DATA 880,988,1047,1175,1319,1397,1568
1100 ! NOTE TABLE - SHARPS
1110 DATA 117,131,139,156,175,185,208
1120 DATA 233,262,277,311,349,370,415
1130 DATA 466,523,554,622,698,740,831
1140 DATA 932,1047,1109,1245,1397,1480,1661
2000 ! NOTES FOR RIGHT HAND
2010 DATA K3,C,C,C,D,E,R,D,R,C,E,D,D,C,R,R,R
2020 DATA C,C,C,D,E,R,D,R,C,E,D,D,C,R,R,R
2030 DATA D,D,D,D,A,R,A,R,D,C,B,A,K2,G,K3,R,R,R
2040 DATA C,C,C,D,E,R,D,R,C,E,D,D,C,R,R,R
2090 DATA Q
3000 ! NOTES FOR LEFT HAND
3010 DATA K2,C,G,E,G,C,G,F,G,E,G,F,G,E,G,E,D
3020 DATA C,G,E,G,C,G,F,G,E,G,F,G,E,G,C,R
3030 DATA D,E,F,E,D,E,F,D,F#,E,D,C,B,F,E,D
3040 DATA C,G,E,G,C,G,F,G,E,G,F,G,E,G,C,R
3090 DATA Q
Four octaves available, from K1 to K4 inclusive. Data must be terminated with a Q for each of two hands.
R is for rest. Octaves run from notes A to G, inclusive, ascending.

It's "easy" to translate to XB.

;)

Edited by sometimes99er