IGNORED

whats wrong with the atari-forums php uk site?

Too bad ... :(

I found this, is "Brian S" the admin on that server?

I am guessing he is actually the admin of the host server, not the atari-forum admin.

Btw, Albert (or any moderator), wouldn't be better to edit Carmel's post and remove the password list? I realize that this list is currently "public" anyway, but even then, better not to contribute.

Aly, could you (or Mike) please keep us updated.

I don't think we need to see all of that. :-)

OK. So someone has done a rm -rf .

Why bother to take down Atari? Can't they go after some Net Nannies, and wind them up? :-)

well, how was i to know it was a password list eh, i just assumed it was some sort of code

I was merely pointing out what i saw on getting to that particular w/s

Oh don't worry about it Carmel. :) For Christ's sake!! :)

The ROOT admins I believe were : Brume, Silver Surfer, myself. Site Admins : Brume, Silver Surfer, Mike, myself.

That password list I don't recognise anyway. We had regularly gone through the users. That's not our list.

The images are still hosted..

Anyone have the alternative site? I should know it..

Oh don't worry about it Carmel. :) For Christ's sake!! :)

The ROOT admins I believe were : Brume, Silver Surfer, myself. Site Admins : Brume, Silver Surfer, Mike, myself.

That password list I don't recognise anyway. We had regularly gone through the users. That's not our list.

That's the list of users on the actual server, as opposed to the forum. It's a dump of the /etc/passwd file. The passwords are encrypted, although usually they are not stored in this file (in which case they would simply be an 'x').

..Al

Well, this is posted now:

"Undergoing Maintenance

Website data is currently being moved to a new server. We are working as quickly as possible to ensure everything is moved safely and completely.

Thank you for your patience."

So hopefully they'll be back up soon. :)

I doubt there is any way to persuade someone who is clearly intelligent, but must lack the imagination to put such abilities to use in a meaningful or productive way. Surely there must be more important things to take a stand against in this world than an old computing platform. These hackers are probably smart enough to be well paid network security professionals, but can't even see it.

Edited by crash