IGNORED

Best Video Game based off Movie or Book

SoulBlazer

Never seems to fail, when I am with friends and we start talking about games, we talk as much about old stuff as well as what we're playing. :D

We know that most movies that were inspired or taken from games are not that good. What about the other way around? Which games do you think were the best ones that were based off or inspired by movies?

My personal favorite is Spider-Man 2 (XBox). It's a really fun game that gives you some freeform gameplay and missions, both which were inspired by the GTA games. It had a amazing recreation of New York City, allowing you to go just about anywhere and do anything. The major plot missions were taken from the movie but there was a lot of other stuff, both required and free, to do. Both the main stars of the movie (Toby Mcguire and Kristen Dunst) provided their voices for the characters of Spider Man and Mary Jane and they both did a great job. Spider Man had a lot of funny and good one liners and the controls were tight and easy to use. I recall joking at the time that having both a good movie and a good game of the same idea was a sign of the end times. :P

Other very good games include:

Aliens (C-64)

Batman (NES)

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites (PC)

Star Wars: X-Wing (PC)

Also, there probaly are not too many games that came from books, but one of the best ones I played was I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream for the PC.

• Like 1

"The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" - Xbox 360, PS3

"Red Storm Rising" - C64, PC, Amiga

"Star Wars" - Atari Arcade Version

"Firefox" - Atari Arcade Version

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" - Atari Arcade Version

"Krull" - Arcade

"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" - N64

First one to my mind was Goldeneye. I'm also a big fan of Fantastic Voyage. I thought the game was well done.

Others:

M*A*S*H* (VCS)

RoboCop (NES)

Willow (NES)

Ghostbusters II (NES)

Jurassic Park (Game Gear)

Jurassic Park (SCD)

Star Wars IV (Game Gear)

The two Jurassic Park games I listed are very different, though. One is a platformer and the other is a point and click adventure.

I also have a lot of good memories of Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer. But then again, naming star wars games is practically cheating, as there are so many of them, so many of those were good, and most of them seem to have at least a slight connection to the story in the movies.

Was star wars KOTOR based on a book? I don't think it can really be connected to the movies, but it was very good.

Edited by Reaperman

I also have a lot of good memories of Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer. But then again, naming star wars games is practically cheating, as there are so many of them, so many of those were good, and most of them seem to have at least a slight connection to the story in the movies.

Was star wars KOTOR based on a book? I don't think it can really be connected to the movies, but it was very good.

No, it wasn't based on a book.