IGNORED

Altirra 1.5 final

phaeron

I pushed Altirra 1.5 final out to the website today (http://virtualdub.org/altirra.html) -- not much new if you've been following the VBXE emulation thread and using the 1.5 test releases, but it does have a couple of additional small fixes. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback and encouragement!

I'll also indulge a little again and share a work in progress, the sampling profiler:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.6-test1.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.6-test1-src.zip

The profiler is accessible via the Debug > Profiler submenu and has three modes: instruction level sampling, function sampling, and BASIC line sampling. Double-click on a line, and it brings up annotated disassembly (insn/function mode only).

I've also been working on a math pack replacement, since eventually I'd like to be able to run pure 6502 emulation without requiring any Atari ROM images. I have to say, whoever chose base 100 decimal as the basis for the floating-point library must have been smoking industrial strength crack, because it's a big PITA to implement.

post-16457-12649889878_thumb.png

• Like 1

With version 1.5 (thanks in particular to new Stretch mode/Integral square pixels and Printer) I can now announce my conversion from Atari800WinPlus.

The only three things I miss are:

- windows size save on exit

- .atr and .xex file association (I don't know why I cannot do it, Windows 7 associates those files with Adobe Reader no matter what I do)

- a nice icon for program and associated files (perhaps we can do a contest to design them)?

Thank you very much.

- windows size save on exit

- .atr and .xex file association (I don't know why I cannot do it, Windows 7 associates those files with Adobe Reader no matter what I do)

- a nice icon for program and associated files (perhaps we can do a contest to design them)?

Thank you very much.

Yep, size save is one thing I asked for ages ago and it's on his todo list, in the mean time I use a program called sizer which gives you a size choice if you right click on the corner hook. Not the same but better than nothing and you can customise the size.

The file association should work on 7 as I use it myself, you best have a look at your file types or Adobe reader might be reclaiming the formats every time it runs?

I use foxit reader, much quicker..

As for the icon, this was being discussed on the blog today

To quote Phaeron "I still don't have one I can use, nor do I have an idea to draw one. As I said earlier, I cannot use any icon that includes or resembles the trademarked Atari logo"

I'm no artist so anyone wanting to post one for Phaeron to look at on here could end up in Altirra..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Works fine here on Win 7. I just right clicked on the xex/atr etc and did open with (choose default program), browsed through for altirra exe and clicked the "always use the selected program.." option.

I know!

But when I select Altirra and I click OK, in the selection screen I don't have Altirra.

I don't get this message because images are associated to notepad (previously to Adobe Reader).

Now I am not able to change this association with Altirra.

With another computer (W7 also) no problems at all.

Is there a way to clear associations?

Try the stuff here http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/20/how-to-unassociate-file-types-and-remove-file-extension-associations-in-windows-vista/ it's for Vista, but the same thing should work on 7.

Pete

Thanks guys, but no results.

I have used PeteD's link and also a program (Unassoc for Windows 7 & Vista) and I have removed files associations.

Now when I double click on a .atr (or .xex) file I get 'unrecognised file do you want to search or choose' requester.

I click Browse, I find and select Altirra but then in the 'Open with' requester, before pressing OK to confirm and exit, I don't have Altirra name!

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!

I have removed Altirra key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\subkeys

Now it is possible to associate extensions with Altirra.