IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

I have a thread up in the marketplace about swapping some common games (and a couple more valuable, Zaxxon and Sewer Sam). Let me know if you are interested in doing a trade.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/234560-ft-common-intellivision-games-cib-swap-plus-2-semi-rares/?hl=%2Bintellivision&do=findComment&comment=3168036

I actually found some rarer games in the wild. I was shopping at Vintage Stock and saw a small stack of CIB Intellivision games. Most were commons for around $3-5, but I found these too:

V-Stock pickups

Both are CIB (almost...WC Baseball didn't have the overlays) and both boxes are a little rough, but the manuals and cart labels are very nice. Paid $9.99 for Slam Dunk and $7.99 for World Championship Baseball. Under $20 for both after taxes. The WC Baseball is the rarer box variant that says, "FOR 1 OR 2 PLAYERS" on the front.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 3

Nice Find.

I actually found some rarer games in the wild. I was shopping at Vintage Stock and saw a small stack of CIB Intellivision games. Most were commons for around $3-5, but I found these too:

So speaking of sealed and resealed games...I've been trying to collect all of the Activision games sealed. I typically consider the ones with the overlapped plastic seal on the back "authentic", but I've picked up a few that I suspect may be resealed. My most recent addition is Beamrider :grin:

Sealed Activision Games

These are what I would consider authentic:

Sealed Activision games

These are potentially resealed:

Sealed? Activision games

In addition to the odd plastic wrap job, I've also noticed some odd scuffing under the wrapping on Happy Trails and Stampede. Most of the scuffs are at the corners where the plastic is worn through, but here are also some places where the plastic is fine and there are scuffs underneath:

Stampede (seal inspection 1)

Stampede (seal inspection 2)

Happy Trails (seal inspection)

I suppose that the games could have been tossed around a bit before getting sealed, but for now I'm skeptical. Finding a sealed Pitfall, Happy Trails, or Stampede with the normal wrapping would further convince me that these are reseals.
I think this has been covered in other threads, but have we identified Pitfall, Happy Trails, and Stampede with the overlapped seams on the back? I want to say yes, but I'm not sure. Thoughts? Pics of Pitfall, Happy Trails, and/or Stampede? :grin:

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I can pull mine out (so to speak). I have them all sealed except River Raid and Pitfall. I failed twice not with Pitfall's being re-wrapped. With Activision I'm not sure that the did not use two different shrink wrap models, back seam and side seam. I post some photos tomorrow.

Sometime after taking that pic I figured out the rear seam/overlap the Activision and Imagic games share and my Pitfall! doesn't have it. :thumbsdown:

While I still think it's brand-new/unopened I don't think it's an originally shrink-wrapped game, and I don't bid on sealed Activision games missing the overlap anymore...

Hello there everyone. I'm very new here. I've always enjoyed Intellivision since I was 8 years old and have a nice little collection of a couple original Intellivisions, a Sears Video Arcade, Cuttlecart3, some common games and some not very common ones.

I recently acquired a keyboard component in great working shape :) and that's really what has brought me here. It took years for me to find a good KC, I realize it may take longer to find software for it. If anyone could give me advice on finding cassettes, software or a Basic cart or anything else for it, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

Hello there everyone. I'm very new here. I've always enjoyed Intellivision since I was 8 years old and have a nice little collection of a couple original Intellivisions, a Sears Video Arcade, Cuttlecart3, some common games and some not very common ones.

I recently acquired a keyboard component in great working shape :) and that's really what has brought me here. It took years for me to find a good KC, I realize it may take longer to find software for it. If anyone could give me advice on finding cassettes, software or a Basic cart or anything else for it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Welcome and congrats on finding the Keyboard Component! Not sure what to say about cassettes or software. If I was looking for those, I'd probably ask the guy with the Keyboard Component ;-)