IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

So I got my new INTV II in the mail today, and boy, I have to say, I have NEVER recieved a console from eBay that was packed so carefully nicely.

Member id funstuff1995 went as far as to cut out styrofoam in the shape of the INTV II to completely protect it from any shock, all of the rare games were nicely packed in ziplock bags, which were wrapped in tissue, and again in those big air bubble packers. I have worked in retail for a long time, and half of the fragile product we recieve off of the trucks are not even packed as nicely. I was very satisfied, and not at all angry about paying $100 for everything.

It would be nice if everyone packed consoles as carefully, because I have recieved some pretty shottily packed stuff in the past.

*EDIT* I was also happy that almost all of the games had mint labels and fired right up, so now I can replace the origials with faded or ripped labels ive had since I was a kid.

Edited by jeremysart
  • Like 1

The last couple of times I have shipped something valuable (for example, I sold a Virtual Boy in really decent shape) I have taken a couple of photos of the item through the packing process. I've then emailed those to the buyer so they can be assured the item is being shipped in excellent packing. It only adds a couple of minutes (if that) to the whole process and really saves both sides some headaches.

• Like 1

Oh and my wife hates the C64, she refuses to allow it to stay hooked up in our office :rolling:

Oh and I hate your wife and i refuse to allow you to stay hooked up with her or allow her in the office! j/k :grin: Man! How can she be hating on a c64? I always wished i had me one as a kid. My parents bought us an apple IIe and an IBM PC JR. :( One day.....

Wow, I'm lucky then... I have had a working Commodore 64, since age 7. (I'm 31 now)

The memories of playing are better then anything else from video games to me...!

Here's a quick list of games I played and loved in my youth, ...and still enjoy!

Alice In Wonderland, Alien, Aliens, Rocket Ranger, The Last Ninja, Kickstart II

Maniac Mansion, Summer Games, Winter Games, Speed Buggy, Paperboy, Commando, Tass Times In Tonetown, Predator, Tower Toppler, Dragons Lair, Crossbow, etc etc!

You gotta land one, pimpmpaul...

C-64 is the bomb...! It's the best computer of the 80's, in my opinion.

Oh and my wife hates the C64, she refuses to allow it to stay hooked up in our office :rolling:

Oh and I hate your wife and i refuse to allow you to stay hooked up with her or allow her in the office! j/k :grin: Man! How can she be hating on a c64? I always wished i had me one as a kid. My parents bought us an apple IIe and an IBM PC JR. :( One day.....

Wow, I'm lucky then... I have had a working Commodore 64, since age 7. (I'm 31 now)

The memories of playing are better then anything else from video games to me...!

Here's a quick list of games I played and loved in my youth, ...and still enjoy!

Maniac Mansion, Summer Games, Winter Games, Speed Buggy, Paperboy, Commando, Tass Times In Tonetown, Predator, Tower Toppler, Dragons Lair, Crossbow, etc etc!

for now i have to emulate it. but i will get one one day. funny thing is i owned a nes and loved it and still do, however, i dont think anybody i knew that owned a c64 ever owned an nes.

So i recently won this sweet Intellivision auction eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1807977693261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180797769326&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] for an INTV I, System Changer & games (i think i beat out another AtariAger here).

I'm super hoperful that the System Changer works, but it looks like the lot was still worth it even if that doesn't work though. It fills in a few holes in my meager INTV collection & i can trade the others. I think i see 2 Thunder Castles, 1 Commando, 1 Tower of Doom, 1 Pole Position, a few of the harder to find sports & other titles, and there are two mystery carts without a label. (Is it me or does the nekkid cart case in the 3rd column from the left look a lil bit... different?) Also, i SUSPECT (or maybe just really *really* hope) that it's a modified INTV I since it's being sold with a System Changer, but it's all untested & i get the feeling the seller knows little about retrogames. 1 odd thing about that auction: Seller said in the listing that there's 43 carts, but I counted 46 carts from 3 of the pics.

I'm just soooooo excited to finally get a System Changer(!) & Commando, and i'm dyin' to find out what the mystery carts are! The package is en route, so i guess i'll find out. :) (*fingerscrossed*)

Edited by Smatchmo

• 2 weeks later...

I just scored a near-mint, boxed INTV System III console (no styrofoam inserts, though). It boots to a black screen, and I knew when I bought it that it would need some repair, but I don't think that will be difficult. I received my second Cuttle Cart 3 the other day, too. I'll probably bring them both to my office, where they'll go on display along with a few sample Intellivision game boxes.

I just scored a near-mint, boxed INTV System III console (no styrofoam inserts, though). It boots to a black screen, and I knew when I bought it that it would need some repair, but I don't think that will be difficult. I received my second Cuttle Cart 3 the other day, too. I'll probably bring them both to my office, where they'll go on display along with a few sample Intellivision game boxes.

You display Intellivision stuff at your job? Do people ask what that stuff is? ;-)

• Like 1

You display Intellivision stuff at your job? Do people ask what that stuff is? ;-)

They're occasionally curious, yes, but most of them already know that I'm into vintage computing and gaming, so they tolerate it. I've had an Aquarius (complete with Aquaricart, of course!) set up on my desk for quite a while, so the Intellivision "exhibit" won't be much of a departure. I've got an Apple ][ set up in there, too. Most of my students were not yet born when this stuff was made, so they're usually intrigued by it. A colleague of mine teaches game design classes, so he's also got a collection of (non-functional) vintage consoles on display in his office.

• Like 2

They're occasionally curious, yes, but most of them already know that I'm into vintage computing and gaming, so they tolerate it. I've had an Aquarius (complete with Aquaricart, of course!) set up on my desk for quite a while, so the Intellivision "exhibit" won't be much of a departure. I've got an Apple ][ set up in there, too. Most of my students were not yet born when this stuff was made, so they're usually intrigued by it. A colleague of mine teaches game design classes, so he's also got a collection of (non-functional) vintage consoles on display in his office.

That's awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

for now i have to emulate it. but i will get one one day. funny thing is i owned a nes and loved it and still do, however, i dont think anybody i knew that owned a c64 ever owned an nes.

I never had a C64, but I did have a C128D that played all the same games as I recall. It's been in the original boxes (monitor, keyboard, mouse, Computer and printer) in my parent's basement for years. Last time I hooked it up, it still worked. I've always wondered if it would turn out to be worth something.

On topic, I just bought a Sylvania-GTE Model INTV I with all of the hookups, Intellivoice (looks like it was rarely used, in box with bubblewrap) 45 games CIB and 4 games that are in the box but missing inlays and another with cartridge and book. The cost was a litte more than I wanted to spend at $100, but I'm not a collector, I'm a gamer and I figure if I decide to sell in the future, I can get my more than what I paid back. I don't think the wife agrees though :)

I never had a C64, but I did have a C128D that played all the same games as I recall. It's been in the original boxes (monitor, keyboard, mouse, Computer and printer) in my parent's basement for years. Last time I hooked it up, it still worked. I've always wondered if it would turn out to be worth something.

On topic, I just bought a Sylvania-GTE Model INTV I with all of the hookups, Intellivoice (looks like it was rarely used, in box with bubblewrap) 45 games CIB and 4 games that are in the box but missing inlays and another with cartridge and book. The cost was a litte more than I wanted to spend at $100, but I'm not a collector, I'm a gamer and I figure if I decide to sell in the future, I can get my more than what I paid back. I don't think the wife agrees though :)

Hey! dont forget to show us a pic of your stuff.

Hey! dont forget to show us a pic of your stuff.

Good solid price for that package! Welcome to Awesomeland! (guys, I just made that up, not sure if it will stick, maybe the Brotherhood should vote on it as I'm not convinced its my best work) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked a loose copy of Spiker :-D . For a game that rare (and pricey) I wasn't gonna be too picky on a box. Now that I have that and my boxed Mud Buggies (courtesy of Cmart) my Intellivision collection is going to be a lot easier to finish!

Congrats!!

I'm afraid I'll never get all the 125 as games like Spiker and Mud Buggies are getting too rare/expensive to buy online and here there are no chances to find them in the wild :(

Anyway, one cart at a time and we'll see. I'm not in a hurry ;)

Not sure if this is the right way to go about this but... I have an Amiga 500, several disk holders of games, and the necessary serial cable to transfer games to the Amiga form your PC (you'll have to buy your own Amiga Explorer code) as well as the necessary software on one of the Workbench boot disks.

I am looking for some of the rarer Inty games (Commando, Tower of doom, ECS and it's baseball, et cetera) OR a Colecovision with some games, or I can be talked into 5200/7800 possibly.

I'm lacking these games:

Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling

Buzz Bombers

Championship Tennis

Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

Commando

Defender

Dig Dug

Diner

Dragonfire

Happy Trails

Hover Force

Ice Trek

Kool Aid Man

Motocross

Pinball

Pole Position

Popeye

Sea Battle

Sewer Sam

Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball

Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey

Star wars: Empire Strikes Back

Stadium Mud buggies

Super cobra

Super Spiker

Thin Ice

Thunder Castle

Tower of Doom

Tutankham

Worm Whomper

Zaxxon

Make me an offer? i'm pretty wide open here, but I'm leaning primarily Inty, so I figured I'd post here.

The Amiga does have the card necessary to hook up to a standard RCA connection, as well. It's an NTSC model, and I had to replace the keyboard, it's British, but the English pound sign makes a $ sign.

PIcked up a complete boxed copy of slam dunk yesterday, probably spent to much? $25, but first time I've seen one in the wild.

PIcked up a complete boxed copy of slam dunk yesterday, probably spent to much? $25, but first time I've seen one in the wild.

I have bought stuff in the wild before at places like goodwill,thrift stores,flea markets and retro game stores and have paid more than the going ebay prices. There is something cool about buying stuff not online.

As of almost a month ago I just got into game collecting. Growing up i remember getting the nes action pack from santa on christmas morning. So between that and our neighbors atari 2600 we had plenty of games to keep us busy. It wasnt until recently I was playn ps3 with my son and he started bashing the old systems that I felt he needed to experiance the systems that started it all. In 1 day i spent $120.00 getting an atari 2600 w/20 games, an nes w/5 games and because my wifes father had one so she thought we should i got an intellivision w5/games. See i had never heard of intellivision up to this point. Man am I glad I got it! I love this system! I as of two weeks ago went to a town 2 hours away and bought another one in box with the intellivoice in box and 30 CIB games for 55.00! To me its a good deal. My collection is now up to 39 CIB games w/12 doubles. Just joined this site so thought it was kinda cool there was a place to share these sort of things. Im always watching youtube on game finds and unboxings now. never done that before. By the way my son is now completely into the classics too. So basically its bring back childhood memories and making new ones at the same time.

• Like 3