IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a boxed Intellivision, serial #057749, for $49.99 plus shipping ($14.75). Had the best box I've been able to find and included the console manual and the original styrofoam box inserts. It came with four games, two of which were the NFL Football and Major League Baseball I've been looking for. They were the original releases with the "For Color T.V. Viewing Only" in the white areas of the box-front graphics and were in pretty nice condition. The cartridges also had the original color manuals and officially licensed overlays (NFL and Major League).

• Like 2

I picked up a boxed Intellivision, serial #057749, for $49.99 plus shipping ($14.75). Had the best box I've been able to find and included the console manual and the original styrofoam box inserts. It came with four games, two of which were the NFL Football and Major League Baseball I've been looking for. They were the original releases with the "For Color T.V. Viewing Only" in the white areas of the box-front graphics and were in pretty nice condition. The cartridges also had the original color manuals and officially licensed overlays (NFL and Major League).

Excellent pick up. Congrats!

• Like 1

Do you have some pictures ? :)

Box:

Console:

Major League Baseball:

NFL Football:

Interesting! The box says it includes NFL Football, but there's a sticker that says it includes Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack. It also includes an announcement for the Keyboard Component in development. I wonder when that one is coming out! :lol:

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up an Intellivision and about 20 carts and several manuals from a local seller for $100. Probably paid too much, but this is my first INTV - and they were asking $150 originally. About half the carts work at the moment... I'm sure most of the rest will once I clean the contacts good and proper.

Edited by Laner

Just picked up an Intellivision and about 20 carts and several manuals from a local seller for $100. Probably paid too much, but this is my first INTV. About half the carts work at the moment... I'm sure most of the rest will once I clean the contacts good and proper.

Sounds OK to me. Congrats!

Just picked up an Intellivision and about 20 carts and several manuals from a local seller for $100. Probably paid too much, but this is my first INTV - and they were asking $150 originally. About half the carts work at the moment... I'm sure most of the rest will once I clean the contacts good and proper.

carts dont neccessarily work plugged all the way in. You may need to play with pulling them out slightly then trying. Also pushing reset after powering on might boot the game too. The intellivision is a finicky system.

To be honest if it works - and especially if the controllers work well - there's nothing wrong with that at all.

A lot of those $40 console bundles that you see, the controllers don't work very well at all.

To be honest if it works - and especially if the controllers work well - there's nothing wrong with that at all.

A lot of those $40 console bundles that you see, the controllers don't work very well at all.

i bought a good working unit with about 20 commons some boxed some had overlays. Thought i paid the max at $50 a couple years ago. Cant find them that cheap now.

i bought a good working unit with about 20 commons some boxed some had overlays. Thought i paid the max at $50 a couple years ago. Cant find them that cheap now.

Yeah. I can still find decent working units relatively cheaply - Ebay has tons for $40ish - but 9 times out of 10 at least one of the controllers is at least slightly bad. Half the time one is completely shot in some way. I'm starting to build a nice pile of spare parts, but damn. If Flashback controllers were sold for say $10/pair, there would be a lot more working Intellivisions, cheaper.

Around these parts I can get $100 for a fully working unit and 20 games without even trying. I don't bother trying to squeeze more money out of it - I figure someone gets a nice, clean, functional package for a fairly reasonable price, and no shipping cost/hassle. And it helps make space downstairs. But I bet I could pull $150 for a bundle like that if I had some patience and wanted to maximize the return.

Yeah, you can be 99.6% sure that they will work just fine after you clean them and then play wiggle-the-cartridge-in-the-console game in the cartridge. It is rare that a cartridge goes bad. I've had ~500 cartridges pass through my hands. I tested all of them and only a whooping 2 had actually gone bad. It is more common for a console to go bad (more parts and complexity -> more failures), but it sounds like yours is a good one.

Anyways, congrats!

Don't feel bad, the first Intellivision I bought was a lot including the Master Component plus 50 games, most of which were CIB, and all had overlays and manuals. There were some commons, no duplicates at all, and quite a lot of gems, though nothing extravagant. Almost everything was from the early Mattel Electronics era, with nice gatefold boxes and full-colour manuals.

I paid $250.00 USD plus shipping and handling for it, and I don't regret a single cent. Yes, it was overpriced by most people's standards, but at the moment, it was my gateway to my youth, and I thought that what priceless. In fact, as I kept bidding up on that auction, I kept thinking (suckers! I'm going up to $500 if I have to!) I know better now, but back then I'd pay anything. :)

The important thing is that it works and that you are happy with your games. So, congratulations! :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

You could always go for this "EPIC DEAL" :o

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1518336704721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=151833670472&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

At first I just thought they were yet another seller using exaggerated words like rare, epic, or WOW.....but then I saw the seller's eBay name: epiceverythingdepot

It's the epically rare 'missing gold disc' console version!

• Like 2

Yeah, you can be 99.6% sure that they will work just fine after you clean them and then play wiggle-the-cartridge-in-the-console game in the cartridge. It is rare that a cartridge goes bad. I've had ~500 cartridges pass through my hands. I tested all of them and only a whooping 2 had actually gone bad. It is more common for a console to go bad (more parts and complexity -> more failures), but it sounds like yours is a good one.

Anyways, congrats!

Ah - thanks for the tip; I tried again last night and was able to get all of them working by not jamming the carts in so far.