IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Not Intellivision, but I just picked up the equivalent of Spiker! for the Colecovision:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270289-xonox-price-question/?p=3853975

I still remember when the Double Ender carts were in the Clear Out bin for a few German Marks. But I didn't had a Coleco back then and so I didn't bought them. But I got a lot of Intellivision games for cheap back then. :)

I recently got a catalog (Weller Bros. Wholesale 1983-84 gift catalog) and it had the below joystick for sale. I had no idea it was ever for sale for the Intellivision II. I thought this joystick was only a prototype that Mattel made for the unreleased Intellivision III.

I doubt it, but did any of these ever actually reach consumers' hands?

post-37124-0-02422300-1506401291_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I recently got a catalog (Weller Bros. Wholesale 1983-84 gift catalog) and it had the below joystick for sale. I had no idea it was ever for sale for the Intellivision II. I thought this joystick was only a prototype that Mattel made for the unreleased Intellivision III.

I doubt it, but did any of these ever actually reach consumers' hands?

attachicon.gif2017-09-25 21.46.17.jpg

Back in these days the catalogs of the big mail order companies were put together a half year in advance. Mattel promised that they deliver in time and send then the specs and photos of the mock ups/prototypes for designing the catalog. And then Mattel decided to go out of video game business.

I had this experience with a game, Jurassic Park for the Amiga CD32. It was shown in the catalog, I ordered it, but it never came to deliver.

Nice! I believe I still need Buzz Bombers & Mission-X Gatefold boxes CIB in good condition if someone has for sale or trade. I have the Burgertime Gatefold box CIB in decent shape if I recall. We're there any other 1983 Mattel releases besides Vectron that received the Gatefold box treatment that I'm not aware of without checking INTV Funhouse? Thanks in advance for any info.

Best regards.

Joe

Nice! I believe I still need Buzz Bombers & Mission-X Gatefold boxes CIB in good condition if someone has for sale or trade. I have the Burgertime Gatefold box CIB in decent shape if I recall. We're there any other 1983 Mattel releases besides Vectron that received the Gatefold box treatment that I'm not aware of without checking INTV Funhouse? Thanks in advance for any info.

Best regards.

Joe

Thanks.

Do you have a picture of your Burgertime gatefold ?

Thanks Chris ! :)

Actually, I bought recently a collection (45 games) and I found this one when I opened the package. Nice surprise indeed

Pascal, AFAIK this variant is rare, but strangely it's a bit less uncommon in Europe than in the US. It seems like the most copies of the very first run of Buzz Bombers in gatefold box in English only were shipped to Europe and distributed there. I've also found mine in Italy, with manual in English like yours.

Pascal, AFAIK this variant is rare, but strangely it's a bit less uncommon in Europe than in the US. It seems like the most copies of the very first run of Buzz Bombers in gatefold box in English only were shipped to Europe and distributed there. I've also found mine in Italy, with manual in English like yours.

Thanks Simone for the precision. You are certainly right but I have to tell it's the very first time I found this one since 1999.... :) and I am happy to find it.

In the lot with 45 games CIB (Tutankham, Super Cobra, Bump'N'Jump, River Raid, Turbo...), I bought also for a very very fair price a Scart Intellivision unit in box. The seller told me it's not working... and it's not working : no image, no sound. Don't know how to repare it... If you have some advices ?

WOW! Awesome pick up! I especially like all those French CBS :grin:

Please check the languages of the Turbo manual. Is it English+French+German as usual?

Yes, and the French ones are in very good condition (except Venture)

About Turbo, nope, it"s English+German+French :grin: ... as usual ;)

• Like 1

Yes, and the French ones are in very good condition (except Venture)

About Turbo, nope, it"s English+German+French :grin: ... as usual ;)

lol, you're right, that is the sequence.

In any case a lot with 47 games with no copy of LV Poker & Blackjack is simply unique. Never seen one before, lol

• Like 3

100$ will be a great great deal ^^

I still regret my hasty look some years ago when I saw a Intellivision on Ebay.fr for 30€ and an hour or so later you posted it here and I realized it was a Scart-Intellivision :D

Was your set from Ebay or another source?

Edited by Ignorama

I still regret my hasty look some years ago when I saw a Intellivision on Ebay.fr for 30€ and an hour or so later you posted it here and I realized it was a Scart-Intellivision :D

Was your set from Ebay or another source?

Actually, he posted on ebay and another source. I didn't pay the price he asked for.

I bet it's the bilingual Sharp Shot

Nope :) sure you can find....