IGNORED

Do you own any video game soundtracks?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own any video game soundtracks?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own any video game soundtracks?

• Yes, lots.
    • I've got a few.
    • Nope, none.
    • They sell video game *soundtracks*???????

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

final fantasy 5&6. has anybody heard of vgmusic.com?this website is loaded with video game music from atari 2600 all the way up to the latest consoles!!!with quicken music player they are even downloadable!!i've got over 100 from that website on my ipod!!

Not only have I heard of the site, I've sequenced tons of MIDIs for them under the names "Chris Read" and "The Almighty Pineapple". Most of them are for the 2600, and I've done some for NES and even more for Game Boy. In reference to the original question, the only video game soundtrack I have is DKC. I'm listening to it right now.

final fantasy 5&6. has anybody heard of vgmusic.com?this website is loaded with video game music from atari 2600 all the way up to the latest consoles!!!with quicken music player they are even downloadable!!i've got over 100 from that website on my ipod!!

Yes, I heard of Vgmusic.com. I first went to their site over 10 years ago.

i just have all that classic stuff:

- most of the kid vid records as 7"s and 12"s: yars revenge, missile command, etc ..... and Jenz's great DVD regrouping all of them.

- many pac man records: the original storybook records as well as some "influenced" stuff: pac man fever 12" and 7", some austrian 7" with the singer and someone else in that huge furry pacman promo costume, some dance record from XYZ records called "i'm a pac man", ....

- a bunch of "DJ Tools" records that have a whole section of beats and scratches with 8bit sounds as well as a "Breaks and Beats" album that was entirely done with the C64

- a promo/bonus Single by Phonte & Eccentric (from Little Brother) called "Atari 2600" (click to DL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8LbtuabMuY

- the Cocoa Brothaz 12" "Supa Brooklyn" using the mario soundtrack as sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TpGXaBEfXs&feature=related

- The 7" promo from Data Age

- Saafir "Smart Bomb" 12" (click to listen)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Silent Hill soundtracks, because I like the music, and the sountracks also have some genuinely creepy stuff in there. Also have the Resident Evil 10th anniversary disc, the Legacy of Kain soundtracks (minus the 5th game), I have a Zelda soundtrack MP3 folder, Guilty Gear XX soundtrack that a friend gave me. Probably have a few more, but those are the big ones for me. If I could find the Dragon Warrior series soundtracks, that would be a lot of fun. Not so much with the Final Fantasy games, too many for my liking.

three i bought:

- Klonoa: Phantomile

- Lunar: Silver Star Story (PSX boxed set thing)

- Tempest 2000

downloaded:

- Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight (arranged)

- Splosion Man

self-ripped with Genesis emulator letting each song run through twice:

- Sonic 1

- Sonic 2

- a few tracks from Sonic 3

I've got a lot of downloads but I do have the soundtracks to Zelda: Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask along with Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on proper CD with full packaging. I also have a Tomb Raider Anniversary CD which came with the game on the PS2.

I voted that I have a few. I actually don't have any CDs specifically marketed as game soundtracks, but I do have several games with CD audio that I have ripped music from, including Descent, Ridge Racer, Frogger and Midtown Madness. Heck, I even bought Ridge Racer back in the day (used) before I had a PlayStation to play it on, simply because I wanted the music. It was either that or spring $30 for the soundtrack CD imported from Japan.

I have the following:

Tempest 2000

Space Giraffe

Inferno

The Orange Box

Bit of a Minter fan I see. Have you tried GridRunner Revolution for PC? The audio tracks were also released.

No, I have not tried GridRunner Revolution. I no longer have a Boot Camp partition and gaming in a virtual machine is not always acceptable. Now that Jeff is coding for the iPhone and has expressed the possibility of Mac ports perhaps it may be possible in the near future.

Game soundtracks... :cool: What I have are the following titles:

Tempest 2000

C64 Back in Time 1, 2 & 3

Diablo soundtrack 1 & 2

Starcraft

Warcraft III

Medal of Honor (the whole series)

Defender 2000

Myst II Riven

Myst III Exile

Fallout 2

Black Ice White Noise

I have a handful or two. Castlevania: SotN, a few from Final Fantasy (ok, more like six), Tempest 2000, the Battle Sphere soundtrack (MP3.com)...hmmm...I know I'm probably missing something.

Edited by Karyyk

Sorting through my CDs, I recently reached my collection of video game soundtracks. There's lots of reasons to own soundtracks, of course: because you like the game and want some additional merchandise, because it reminds you of the fun you had playing the game, and even because you actually enjoy the music. (Yes, it's true!)

My favorite is the soundtrack to Super Mario 64 (and not just because it usually costs a lot nowadays). But I really enjoy listening to quite a few of them. For my favorite, I'm torn between Koji Kondo (classic Nintendo composer) and (for more cinematic works) Jeremy Soule, especially when he's working on something to compliment John Williams (Star Wars or Harry Potter video games).

Anyway, do you have any video game soundtracks? A lot? What do you enjoy about them? Favorites?

I have a few myself. Most of them are from the "Resident Evil" series. This is some creepy music, too. I have all of them expect for the one for the newest game.