IGNORED

Atlantis Games Group: New Ebay Store Availability.

Kjmann

Doesn't Jr. Pac-man have a major bug in it that doesn't allow you to finish the game if a prize walks over a power-pallet?

Allan

This is NOT the "glenn: the 5200 man" version. this is a later, final version that came straight out of atari.

Edited by kjmann

Doesn't Jr. Pac-man have a major bug in it that doesn't allow you to finish the game if a prize walks over a power-pallet?

Allan

This is NOT the "glenn: the 5200 man" version. this is a later, final version that came straight out of atari.

May I ask were it came from?

It would be nice if someone could convert this over to the 5200.

Thanks,

Allan

Allan

May I ask were it came from?

It would be nice if someone could convert this over to the 5200.

Thanks,

Allan

I got it from a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Mule and Gauntlet recently added too.

Can you confirm if these are the same images found on the AtariMax site or the AGG's own works? If from AtariMax I'd suggest perhaps updating the item descriptions appropriately? You could also add to link back from the AtariMax forum threads to let people know a dedicated cart is available if people so wish.

Best wishes,

Mark

Can you confirm if these are the same images found on the AtariMax site or the AGG's own works? If from AtariMax I'd suggest perhaps updating the item descriptions appropriately? You could also add to link back from the AtariMax forum threads to let people know a dedicated cart is available if people so wish.

Best wishes,

Mark

Nope, Those are Not The Same images found on the Atarimax Website. =)

Edited by kjmann

Best wishes,

Mark

Nope, Those are Not The Same images found on the Atarimax Website. =)

I would bet money that those Battlezone and Mario Brothers carts you're selling are the Maxflash files that I created and posted on the Steve's site to SHARE with the community. Is this why you asked me if I was interested in making a flash cart version of Commando? So you could sell it for a profit?

I would bet money that those Battlezone and Mario Brothers carts you're selling are the Maxflash files that I created and posted on the Steve's site to SHARE with the community. Is this why you asked me if I was interested in making a flash cart version of Commando? So you could sell it for a profit?

Not necessarily. If the cart Kjmann is using is XE bank-switch compatible, it could be the original XE cart image in there.

Maybe Kjmann should clear-up what bank-switching scheme is used in his carts?

Also some more information about the "Atari XL/XE 8-bit Multi-cart" would be appreciated. For example how many KB is it. How is it programmed. Is it for 8/16KB rom images only or is it possible to have xex files on it. Is it compatible with the MaxFlash cart?

Robert

Edited by rdemming

Not necessarily. If the cart Kjmann is using is XE bank-switch compatible, it could be the original XE cart image in there.

Maybe Kjmann should clear-up what bank-switching scheme is used in his carts?

Also some more information about the "Atari XL/XE 8-bit Multi-cart" would be appreciated. For example how many KB is it. How is it programmed. Is it for 8/16KB rom images only or is it possible to have xex files on it. Is it compatible with the MaxFlash cart?

Robert

Those are definitely Atarimax carts. The bank switching scheme is not compatible with the original Atari 64k and 128k XE carts, and making those programs work on the flash carts is not trivial when you have no source code to work with. I know this from my experience with the Mario and Battlezone carts.

I was a little irked at first when I saw my flashcart files being sold on ebay. I created them for myself and shared the files as a service to the Atari community. I've talked with Sal about it and it appears he is selling these in the spirit of service to the community, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I would like to see him update his ebay ad's to state that these are reproductions so it's clear to people who are new to the hobby.

Perry

Edited by tep392

Hello Sal

Your store asks for my region and zipcode when I visite eBay. But when I enter my zipcode, it tells me my zip-code isn't valid. Maybe you can look into this.

greetings

Mathy

PS you can see where I live in the column on the left.

Edited by Mathy

Hello Sal

Your store asks for my region and zipcode when I visite eBay. But when I enter my zipcode, it tells me my zip-code isn't valid. Maybe you can look into this.

greetings

Mathy

PS you can see where I live in the column on the left.

So you're in the Netherlands?

Hello Sal

Yes, I am. We use four numbers and two letters in our zip code, sometimes separated (for readability) by a space. ("1234 AB" for instance)

greetings

Mathy

I don't know why it's not accepting your Zip Code. I will send you a PM.

Hi Mathy,

If you just fill in the country and no zip code, or just the numeric part of the zip code, it works. The zip code doesn't matter in the price for shipping to The Netherlands.

I only hope that $33.45 shipping to the Netherlands for the multi-cart is an error. Strangely the other carts shipping cost range from $18.45 to $23.45 while you would think that shipping costs for every cart should be the same.

Robert

Edited by rdemming

I haven't exactly been following this thread, but I clicked in and saw the eBay store, I must say that a modded XL system of any kind is expensive, but these are not and are fairly priced. Actually a bit under (s-vid modded 600/800 with 64K ram for only $60?? Great price imho).

APPLAUSE to kjmann for doing this, even though I am late, I like seeing the upgraded systems up there, they certainly are a great price for what you get. That kind of stuff is a lot of work, worth every penny. I'll be watching! :thumbsup:

I have to agree with nathanallan, I think the price for the modded XL systems is really good. So much so, I'm going to pick one up.

BTW, kjmann, I noticed the Pitfall II Adventurer's Editiion cart for sale. It mentions having extra caverns. I was curious as to the story behind this one. Is this some sort of custom hack someone did or a rare enhanced version that never officially saw the light of day. Good luck with the store BTW, I know I be picking up some items.

tjb

I have to agree with nathanallan, I think the price for the modded XL systems is really good. So much so, I'm going to pick one up.

BTW, kjmann, I noticed the Pitfall II Adventurer's Editiion cart for sale. It mentions having extra caverns. I was curious as to the story behind this one. Is this some sort of custom hack someone did or a rare enhanced version that never officially saw the light of day. Good luck with the store BTW, I know I be picking up some items.

tjb

accually, the Adventurer's Edition was the official version. the 8-bit/5200 had the extra memory for the cart, so they used it. A lot of people just never realized that the extra caverns were there. There was nothing on the box to indicate extra Caverns or "Adventurer's Edition", So people never really knew. =)

Mike Lorenzen did the 8-bit/5200 Version and added the extra caverns. it's really something. the second cavern is hard as hell but not unbeatable. The 8-bit version in my opinion is the best version of Pitfall II that was ever produced.

=)

I only hope that $33.45 shipping to the Netherlands for the multi-cart is an error.

Yes that was an Error and has been fixed. =)

Edited by kjmann

I would be one of those people who never knew about the extra caverns. That's really cool! Sorry, I should have Googled before asking. The Wikipedia article has mentions the Adventurer's edition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall_II:_Lost_Caverns

Also, I think this is a map of the extra caverns, right?

http://mapy.atari8.info/p-r/pitfall22.png

tjb

I would be one of those people who never knew about the extra caverns. That's really cool! Sorry, I should have Googled before asking. The Wikipedia article has mentions the Adventurer's edition:

tjb

Yup, That is the extra caverns. =)

BTW: Are you the one tjb, that just bought a system out of the store this evening?

tjb

Yup, That is the extra caverns. =)

BTW: Are you the one tjb, that just bought a system out of the store this evening?

So wait. The regular Atari 800 version has just 1 level and the 2nd one was stripped? I recall playing this game in the mid 1980's and when I beat the first level the 2nd level came up! Was that a hack? (It was a EXE file on a disk) I now own the cartridge from Activision, I wonder if this 2nd level is on the the cartridge....

Edited by tjlazer