IGNORED

New Version A/V Composite Mod for ColecoVision

Yurkie

The ColecoVision on Post #9 is still available and as a special offer now through Friday March 12th at 11:59PM EST if you buy this system you get Q*bert Qubes as an added free bonus.

Here is a link for the Q*bert Qubes Cartridge

http://www.atariage....__fromsearch__1

The trade in credit is not valid with this special offer.

This console is an absolute beauty. I went over this and thoroughly cleaned everything. I cleaned the cartridge slot with De-oxit, dissembled and refurbished the power switch to like new condition. Tested it to make sure that there was absolutely no video, controller port or any other issues.

The controllers are completely refurbished. Dome contacts removed and inspected, contact points soldered and filed smooth for maximum contact. The fire buttons where desoldered and refurbished. Keypad contacts de-oxidized as well as the socket that it plugs into.The controllers have replacement ball knobs which makes gaming a lot more fun and a lot less stress on the hands.

Over and above all this it has my new A/V mod and the RF jack works also if you want to hook it up to a TV that doesn't have composite jacks.

I realized that $199 is not a small some of money, but as I am sure many people that collect for the ColecoVision have learned first hand, the ColecoVision is problematic and you could easily spend $45 for a set and have a non-working piece of garbage on your hands. Even if you get lucky and the console does work, it will more than likely be a filthy mess and it is almost a sure thing that one or both of the controllers will have issues. I wish I would have had the opportunity to buy this a little over a year ago, when I had to buy 4 off of ebay and then 1 off of craigslist, then thanks to a nice guy here on Atariage I managed to get one of them working. I have studied and learned everything I can about this awesome console from my childhood over the last year, and I hope that I can help people avoid all the hassle and expense that I had to go through.

Pending Sale for this Unit.

Sold to a gentleman in Canada.

I bought this unit off of Yurkie and I can attest to its sheer awesomeness!icon_mrgreen.gif Seriously, he did a great job restoring it and I would highly recommend buying from him or having him refurb one of your own less-than-stellar units.

He really cares about ensuring there will be classic gaming goodness for a while to come and I for one appreciate what he does.icon_thumbsup.gif (Plus he called me a gentleman which doesn't happen enough to me.icon_mrgreen.gif )

BUYER BE WARE!!!

I sent my own WORKING ColecoVision I tested it before I boxed it up. Yurkie was going to perform the A/V mod as well as switch refurb (I don't even think it needed it, but wanted to be safe and get it done) I was also getting the insides of my working ColecoVision put in a new shell because I'm from Canada and my ColecoVision was bilingual. Phus two controller refurm and ball knobs. Well it cost me $180.00 for all this and when I got it home it didn't work and the new shell was in poor condition. I contacted Yurkie and he offered to try again if I ship back he would cover return shipping. When he got my console back he said it worked fine there. He replaced the shell once again and sent it back. It cost me $20 in customs fees to get my console back and it still doesn't work with either of my power supplies. My other Colecovision works with both of the same power supplies. How can this be??? I'm out a working ColecoVision, $240.00, and my wife is super pissed.

BUYER BE WARE!!!

While I can understand your frustration I'd like to vouch for Yurkie's services and commitment to doing quality work. He has a very good reputation here at AA. As mentioned above I have bought a number of CV items from him including 2 modded CV's which are still working perfectly. One of the additional controllers had an issue with it and Yurkie didn't hesitate to send a replacement right away. I believe he will do his best to resolve this issue for you.

problem above resolved.

I am very sorry that a customer had to do a self-fix on my work. I communicated extensively and he was able to get his A/V modded unit working. I go to great lengths to make sure everyone is happy. Sometime things happen. I suspect that his box was banged around badly in transit.

I made a lossy $73 bucks from you and your still talking shit!

I wish I had never heard from you!

It is people like you that make a hobbist want to quit helping people!

You want something for nothing!

Lousy $73 bucks, that's pretty good, concidering I had to get it working myself.

Don't come at me with your "quit helping people". If you were out to "help" people you wouldn't try and earn profit.

Believe me, I wish I had never entered into business with you too. $240 dollars for shoddy, sloppy, smoke smelling work.

problem above resolved.

I am very sorry that a customer had to do a self-fix on my work. I communicated extensively and he was able to get his A/V modded unit working. I go to great lengths to make sure everyone is happy. Sometime things happen. I suspect that his box was banged around badly in transit.

It wasn't. Banged around twice? Unlikely!

problem above resolved.

This is laughable!!! I troubleshot this on my own for about two hours, there is a short in a part Yurkie installed. Works fine unassembled but assemble it shors out when pressure is applied to thei small part. I came up with the fix, and executed it myself. No help or suggestions from Yurkie.

I'm glad you all had better experiences, but mine was horrible and very expensive.

Now he's calling me names in PM.

Stay away...

problem above resolved.

I know Yurkie has done mods for many people. Shamrock sounds like a spoiled little kid to me. All people can do in customer service is fix problems but being in customer service on a big level there are those that you cant do anything for. You dont want to pay the cost for something then complain about everything whether its right or not. I know for a fact about yurkies record and it is quite impressive to me.

problem above resolved.

This is laughable!!! I troubleshot this on my own for about two hours, there is a short in a part Yurkie installed. Works fine unassembled but assemble it shors out when pressure is applied to thei small part. I came up with the fix, and executed it myself. No help or suggestions from Yurkie.

I'm glad you all had better experiences, but mine was horrible and very expensive.

Stay away...

problem above resolved.

Stay away...

I guess if you were so good you would have done it yourself

Wow!

There is no making some people happy.

He fails to mention I helped him via IM for hours.

This guy is an A&&hole ignore him please.

I hate to even say.... it but I am FEED-UP with this clown.

problem above resolved.

I know Yurkie has done mods for many people. Shamrock sounds like a spoiled little kid to me. All people can do in customer service is fix problems but being in customer service on a big level there are those that you cant do anything for. You dont want to pay the cost for something then complain about everything whether its right or not. I know for a fact about yurkies record and it is quite impressive to me.

I'm not a "spoiled little kid". I'm a 37 year old father of two with a wife, two kids, a full time job, and a home. I expect to get what I pay for. I knew you'd all back up your boy, so this is poinless for me. But his work isn't very good IN MY EXPERIENCE (maybe not yours). I paid more than anyone else $240.00 and got less. If nothing else. I've earned the right to share MY experience.

Edited by SHaMROCK 73

Wow!

I can share the whole PM log if you'd like. The only thing he said was, that I might have to adjust something inside because it might be my TV is more sensitive that everyone elses, or it might be my power supplies, or it might have been damaged in shipping. Never, anything with his work, no, never. His troubleshooting was to leave it for an hour to calm down! I found the short IN HIS WORK and rigged a solution up on my own, that I came up with.

Thats, fine, I'm an A-HOLE. I hope you all get your ColecoVisions modded by this hack and when they don't work TWICE he turns nasty on you too.

Wow!

I can share the whole PM log if you'd like. The only thing he said was, that I might have to adjust something inside because it might be my TV is more sensitive that everyone elses, or it might be my power supplies, or it might have been damaged in shipping. Never, anything with his work, no, never. His troubleshooting was to leave it for an hour to calm down! I found the short IN HIS WORK and rigged a solution up on my own, that I came up with.

Thats, fine, I'm an A-HOLE. I hope you all get your ColecoVisions modded by this hack and when they don't work TWICE he turns nasty on you too.

I went out of my way and made nothing from this clown. I have MANY happy customers and then I have him. Deal with me or not. I care about you and i care about classic gaming on the ColecoVision.

I did call him an asshole and honesty wish I had never done business with him. You can contact me or not. I personally refuse to let a clown tarnish me.

Decide for yourself>

I am getting ready to return a console and controllers to a member. Both were A/V modded in the past and I fixed them.

Also have another 2 complete systems on the way that I will refurbish and or mod.

I really appreciate my customers: and please understand I am doing this as a hobby and sometimes enough is enough.

#1) Beware is one word-not two

#2) Yurkie is an outstanding professional. He stands by his craftsmanship. If you can't figure out how to work the system after he upgraded it twice, then it's time for you to call it quits and go back to playing solitare with your wife and two kids. This man is a legend in the world of Colecovision and there is no reason to bash him.

Edited by leroyneiman

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the love gentelmen.

Todd

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

I just wanted to let everyone here know that I just received my AV-modified ColecoVision console, and it is indeed really nice quality video. It absolutely does make an improvement and the games are that much more enjoyable. I had no problems with the entire process from start to finish. His communication is top notch and the turnaround was way faster then I expected.

I tried out a bunch of my games just to see the enhanced video quality in a variety of settings and I just could not stop playing. The colors are just so vibrant and "juicy" that it literally makes the games more colorful and more enjoyable to play. I beat some of my high scores, and actually lost track of time! And THAT my friends is when I know that I am REALLY having fun during a session of classic gaming, when several hours pass and I don't even notice it!

Anyhow, I highly recommend this modification to anyone who may be considering it.

Thanks Yurkie!

Chalk up another satisfied customer for Yurkie! This A/V mod is incredible! I cannot say enough about how good the video looks. When I got the system back I did a comparison on my 42" HDTV and with the RF the graphics were muddy and dull, but with the composite hookup they were sharp,bright,vibrant and more colorfull. I really wish we were able to play it like this back in the 80's because maybe my eyesight wouldn't be so bad now! A job really well done and as with any business you will always have customer complaints, but the fact that he followed up on them and did the right thing by not ignoring the problem tells me that if I need any support from him in the future that he will always be there. He was even nice enough to take time out and speak with me on the phone before I sent my system to him to have it worked on. Thanks alot Yurk! Great job and a great guy. Take care. Charlie

Thanks for the compliments.

I am offering my A/V composite video mod for $49 (a/v cord included)

If you would like your complete system refurbished A/V modded, and a set of controllers refurbished with ball knobs and straightened cords for $89 here is a link.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161610-colecovision-system-tune-up-and-av-mod-89-special/page__fromsearch__1

If you would like your complete system refurbished A/V modded, and a set of controllers refurbished with ball knobs and straightened cords for $89 here is a link.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161610-colecovision-system-tune-up-and-av-mod-89-special/page__fromsearch__1

Yurkie do you have one of your fully refurnished modded systems for sale? I would like to purchase one, thanks!

Yurkie do you have one of your fully refurnished modded systems for sale? I would like to purchase one, thanks!

IM sent. Thanks for Inquiry.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine's in the hands of UPS now on the way to Yurkie to perform his magic :) After viewing all of his fantastic work in the forums and recommendations from many people, I know I found the right gentleman to hold on to my beloved Colecovision for awhile :)

The only thing that sucks for me now is the wait....without a Colecovision. But, I know I'm doing good things for it :) I'll post back again in this thread with my success story as well in a few weeks ;)

Hey everyone,

I just got my modded ColecoVision back from Yurkie yesterday. I couldn't be happier with the services he provided. Great communication and a very quick turn around time. I shipped mine just prior to the Holiday weekend and Yurkie must have worked on it during the holiday, thanks man!

I've worked in customer service for over 20 years for a major company, dealing with business men and woman as well as leisure travelers daily. We pride ourself on customer servive and the company allows us to go above and beyond to make people happy. Even with that said you just can't please everyone all the time. Some people are just jerks and don't understand that things can happen........

The only thing my wife is pissed about is she sucks at Donkey Kong!

Thanks Todd