IGNORED

New Version A/V Composite Mod for ColecoVision

Yurkie

Ok, something cannot be right with that jerky poster a page or two back (on crack maybe?) as my experience is quite the opposite with Yurkie:

Sent my system out to get the full nine yards (A/v mod, Pause mod, Ball knob sticks, straightened cords, full refurb) and it came back after about a weeks time. It arrived today and I am absolutely floored! The system plays like it never has before. Games that previously gave me problems (even tho they are super clean) now boot up instantly. This definitely gave YEARS to my system.

The joystick mods are great. The ball replacement is certainly a good thing, as I can control SO much better than with the stock sticks. Keep in mind that I am no newb when it comes to these controllers. I purchased and have been playing the Colecovision since 1983, and I have to say that this joystick improvement was LONG overdue. After having used these I cannot go back to the standard controller! And who knew straightening those coil cords would give you 10+ freakin' feet!

The pause button is also a great feature that Yurkie installed. Easy pause and un-pause of games on the fly. The a/v mod is non-intrusive with one small standard headpjhone sized jack on the back of the unit.

The whole modification screams quality, and Yurkie has a pretty solid name here in the forums for what he does regarding Colecovision repair. Don't know exactly what happened to that 8 post guy, but rest assured that the buyer does not have to be so "aware" when it comes to working with him. One of the best Colecovision modders I have come across in years!

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Yurkie and his work. I sent out my half working CCV, and got the composite mod, refurb, ball knob controllers and cord straightening.

I just got it back two days ago and what a difference!! The kids and I are fighting over who get's to play next. It's like brand new. The colors and picture are both great. The system fires up immediately, no more garbled graphics or freezing games! The ball knob controllers work great, especially for me when I need that angle shot in Frenzy or Venture.

I had great communication with Yurkie throughout the process. My machine was returned fast, incredibly packaged, and it looks professionally done. It has definitely added years to my machine.

I highly recommend Yurkie and his work. If you have been thinking about it and hesitating, like I did, stop and get it done!!

Edited by Bartsfam

• 2 weeks later...

I sent two systems to Yurkie for modification about a month before CGE. He performed the modifications quickly and I had the systems back in less than two weeks, including shipping both ways. The modified systems work great and the output is light years ahead of what you typically get when using a stock ColecoVision system with RF output. The supplied A/V cables work well and the small connector on the ColecoVision is unobtrusive.

I also sent four ColecoVision controllers, which Yurkie refurbished and modified with a joystick ball. Much better than the stubby, stock joystick, which has always been a bane for me when playing ColecoVision games.

I even sent along another system, a previously modified (not by him) A/V ColecoVision that was having video issues, and Yurkie fixed that as well.

I used two of these systems at CGE, where they were running constantly during the show. No problems at all and they worked flawlessly the entire time!

I highly recommend Yurkie if you're looking to enhance your ColecoVision enjoyment. :)

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

There has been quite a few people new to the ColecoVision recently so I thought I should bump this thread and my controller thread.

I also offer a fire skip BIOS, and a pause button mod. Check out the link to Youtube video in my signature or my profile for links to services I offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to be listing a refurbished A/V modded console (cord included) with a set of refurbished controllers with ball knobs and power supply on Marketplace tomorrow for the give away price of $129 plus shipping. This is your chance to get a great deal on a complete ColecoVision system. If there is interest I may sell 4 or 5 at this price. If are interested and want to get in on this you can send me an IM.

For anyone that was waiting on a great ColecoVision deal the wait is over. I will never sell a complete A/V modded system for a lower price than this.

I already have 2 of these and will be getting a third. Yurkie does fantastic work, both the AV mod and the modded controllers as well as the cleaning the system receives makes this price more than worth it. If you were thinking about getting a CV now's the time to do it especially with Luc and J-F's nine(?) games coming out, it will be Christmas 82-83 all over again.

First off: WOW is the composite SO -super- bright and crisp. myico-grin.png I'll have to admit, I pretty much try to use the RF as it tends to look great on CVs compared to Atari stuff but this mod is amazing. Great work. This is also the first CV I've owned that has had NO power switch issues whatsoever upon arrival. I do believe, despite what anyone else might say about this or that causing graphic artifacts--dirty cartridge ports, bad carts, etc, the real problem with 99% of CVs is the dastardly old power switch. Every CV I've had that appeared to be completely dead or have game artifacts was immediately brought back to life with a power switch mod or refurb.

THANKS. This thing is awesome!

First off: WOW is the composite SO -super- bright and crisp. myico-grin.png I'll have to admit, I pretty much try to use the RF as it tends to look great on CVs compared to Atari stuff but this mod is amazing. Great work. This is also the first CV I've owned that has had NO power switch issues whatsoever upon arrival. I do believe, despite what anyone else might say about this or that causing graphic artifacts--dirty cartridge ports, bad carts, etc, the real problem with 99% of CVs is the dastardly old power switch. Every CV I've had that appeared to be completely dead or have game artifacts was immediately brought back to life with a power switch mod or refurb.

THANKS. This thing is awesome!

Thanks Madaracs.

I am still offering this A/V mod. I also have a thread for a complete system refurbish (console and controllers) with the A/V mod for $89

Here is a link:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161610-colecovision-system-tune-up-and-av-mod-89-special/page__fromsearch__1

Check out my profile for links to all my ColecoVision services.

4th Complete A/V refurbished and A/V modded ColecoVision system added to my Marketplace thread. Only $129

Here's a link

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-refurbished-and-av-modded-colecovision-system/page__fromsearch__1

Hey Yurkie, I hope you've still got a day job... for the amount of work you're doing, it looks like this is taking up a lot of your time. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I have been wanting to do a Composite mod for the ColecoVision for awhile now, but always hated the idea of drilling holes in a ColecoVision.

I came up with this clean looking Mod that only requires one jack.

I am offering this as a service $55 plus return shipping. You get the 6 foot composite cord with the mod.

Send me an IM if your interested.

Here are pictures: first is RF, second is Composite. third and forth are pictures of the jack on the back of the ColecoVision with the cord.

Hey Yurkie, I'm finally able to post. I sent an email to your live email and am hoping to get together with you as far as a refurbish on my system and controllers or buying some form you. Drop me a line if you would at lchambersjr@charter.net and let me know what I can do to get prices on your work.

I have been wanting to do a Composite mod for the ColecoVision for awhile now, but always hated the idea of drilling holes in a ColecoVision.

I came up with this clean looking Mod that only requires one jack.

I am offering this as a service $55 plus return shipping. You get the 6 foot composite cord with the mod.

Send me an IM if your interested.

Here are pictures: first is RF, second is Composite. third and forth are pictures of the jack on the back of the ColecoVision with the cord.

Hey Yurkie, I'm finally able to post. I sent an email to your live email and am hoping to get together with you as far as a refurbish on my system and controllers or buying some form you. Drop me a line if you would at lchambersjr@charter.net and let me know what I can do to get prices on your work.

Have had two units refurbished/upgraded by Yurkie and the results are great (I'm expecting the next 1 to only cost a $1 LOL :D :D :D please? ha ha). Seriously he does great work (as a few other AA members do on various units). Keep these guys in business!!!! (P.S. Hello Todd - glad I had a chance to meet you at the MWGC 2010).

Reply sent.

Have had two units refurbished/upgraded by Yurkie and the results are great (I'm expecting the next 1 to only cost a $1 LOL :D :D :D please? ha ha). Seriously he does great work (as a few other AA members do on various units). Keep these guys in business!!!! (P.S. Hello Todd - glad I had a chance to meet you at the MWGC 2010).

Was nice seeing you too. Glad your enjoying the ColecoVisions. Hope to see you again at MGC 2011.

• 1 month later...

The ColecoVision on Post #9 is still available and as a special offer now through Friday March 12th at 11:59PM EST if you buy this system you get Q*bert Qubes as an added free bonus.

Here is a link for the Q*bert Qubes Cartridge

http://www.atariage....__fromsearch__1

The trade in credit is not valid with this special offer.

This console is an absolute beauty. I went over this and thoroughly cleaned everything. I cleaned the cartridge slot with De-oxit, dissembled and refurbished the power switch to like new condition. Tested it to make sure that there was absolutely no video, controller port or any other issues.

The controllers are completely refurbished. Dome contacts removed and inspected, contact points soldered and filed smooth for maximum contact. The fire buttons where desoldered and refurbished. Keypad contacts de-oxidized as well as the socket that it plugs into.The controllers have replacement ball knobs which makes gaming a lot more fun and a lot less stress on the hands.

Over and above all this it has my new A/V mod and the RF jack works also if you want to hook it up to a TV that doesn't have composite jacks.

I realized that $199 is not a small some of money, but as I am sure many people that collect for the ColecoVision have learned first hand, the ColecoVision is problematic and you could easily spend $45 for a set and have a non-working piece of garbage on your hands. Even if you get lucky and the console does work, it will more than likely be a filthy mess and it is almost a sure thing that one or both of the controllers will have issues. I wish I would have had the opportunity to buy this a little over a year ago, when I had to buy 4 off of ebay and then 1 off of craigslist, then thanks to a nice guy here on Atariage I managed to get one of them working. I have studied and learned everything I can about this awesome console from my childhood over the last year, and I hope that I can help people avoid all the hassle and expense that I had to go through.

Pending Sale for this Unit.

Sold to a gentleman in Canada.

I bought this unit off of Yurkie and I can attest to its sheer awesomeness!icon_mrgreen.gif Seriously, he did a great job restoring it and I would highly recommend buying from him or having him refurb one of your own less-than-stellar units.

He really cares about ensuring there will be classic gaming goodness for a while to come and I for one appreciate what he does.icon_thumbsup.gif (Plus he called me a gentleman which doesn't happen enough to me.icon_mrgreen.gif )

BUYER BE WARE!!!

I sent my own WORKING ColecoVision I tested it before I boxed it up. Yurkie was going to perform the A/V mod as well as switch refurb (I don't even think it needed it, but wanted to be safe and get it done) I was also getting the insides of my working ColecoVision put in a new shell because I'm from Canada and my ColecoVision was bilingual. Phus two controller refurm and ball knobs. Well it cost me $180.00 for all this and when I got it home it didn't work and the new shell was in poor condition. I contacted Yurkie and he offered to try again if I ship back he would cover return shipping. When he got my console back he said it worked fine there. He replaced the shell once again and sent it back. It cost me $20 in customs fees to get my console back and it still doesn't work with either of my power supplies. My other Colecovision works with both of the same power supplies. How can this be??? I'm out a working ColecoVision, $240.00, and my wife is super pissed.

BUYER BE WARE!!!

try a different television and try using the rf again. for whatever unseen reason, my colecovision a/v mod will not work on my sd gaming tv. but i tried three other tvs (two hd sets and a small sd tv) and it worked on those sets and the rf works on everything.

Did a deal with Yurkie to have my Colecovision modded and everything went great. The fastest turnaround time I think I have ever had on a transaction. I was and am, impressed by Yurkie.

Thanks, I try to give the best possible service.