IGNORED

AtariAge Members From Michigan Unite!

jboypacman

Ok guys we have been trying to get all of us AtariAge members in Michigan together for gaming,trades,sales and just general "hanging out".

As many of us "AA/MI er's" know a few of us have already did the meet-up once already and we have another one already coming up.

I had suggested to Albert that we could start a "user group" for all of folks here in MI and he had said there is interest so start up a discussion tread about it and so we could come up with a name and such.

So let's get the ball rolling here and come up with a name for a group and present it Al and so we can have our place on AtariAge and maybe set-up more meet-ups and other events. :)

I wanna have the Charazoid! Scratch that!

Jboy this sounds like a great way to get everybody together....not good at the name pickin' as some of you may have already read, but I'm in.... :thumbsup:

Let's just put some names in a hat and draw one...(virtually)

I think it is a great ideal! So lets get some more feedback on it and come up with a name we can all agree on.

Well,

I add the following suggestions:

"The Loons from the Mitten" :thumbsup:

"Atariager's Ready your Gloves" :thumbsdown:

"R U from Michigan? Click Here" :thumbsup:

"Is Your Atari Running?" :thumbsup:

"Did You Survive the 80's? Let Us Meet Here" :thumbsdown:

Feel free to throw all these out, I was just dropping some ideas?

Well,

I add the following suggestions:

"The Loons from the Mitten" :thumbsup:

"Atariager's Ready your Gloves" :thumbsdown:

"R U from Michigan? Click Here" :thumbsup:

"Is Your Atari Running?" :thumbsup:

"Did You Survive the 80's? Let Us Meet Here" :thumbsdown:

Feel free to throw all these out, I was just dropping some ideas?

lol Chris i think i would throw all of those out myself i want something more "official" sounding for a name.

SEMI AAUG :)

"South Eastern Michigan AtariAge User Group" ? How about just " The Michigan AtariAge User Group" or " The Atariage User Group of Michigan"?

No need to not include everyone that lives in MI lol but still "SEMI AAUG" has a very nice ring to it and if some other group on the other side of MI wants to have there group it will leave it open for them.

I'm all for an AtariAge Michigan Users Group! Names can be a tricky beasty, though.

Here are some miscellaneous off-the-top-of-my-head ramblings...

Michigan AtariAge Members - MAAM

Michigan Atariage Chapter - MAC

Atariage Michigan Chapter - AMC

Frankly, I always liked the old Atari users group in the Lansing area...

Capitol Hill Atari Owners Society - CHAOS. Of all the old acronyms, I always thought that one was the best.

Atariage Lower Michigan Atari Owners Society - ALMAOS

Atariage Lower Michigan Owners Society Taskforce - ALMOST

<shrug> Whatever we call it, it'll be fun, I'm sure!

Cheers,

Smeg

Are Leaf fans from Windsor close enough ;) :D

I don't know we might have to drop the gloves! :P

...or at least settle our differences over some air-hockey. :D

LOL - some of us Wings fans would like to see some of our Canadian AA members as well as Ohio, Indiana and Illinois AA members at this meeting (as long as our host doesn't have to open his house to 50 people!!! :) :) :) )

I still think it would be fun to have bi-monthly game nights. Meeting two or three times a year is great and all, but something smaller and more often could be fun too.

Tempest

3 or 4 times a year seems perfect for me. Maybe 2-3 times down towards the 'Detroit area' and 1 or twice in the Grand Rapids / Lansing / Tri-Cities area.

Mr Jboy, you want to grow your AUG internationally (a'la Abbuc like)

You might get more Atari people

AUG is a great ideal but we kind of have that already with AtariAge.com this is going to be more for those of us that live here in Michigan so we can have a chance to meet and trade,play,ect on a normal basis. :)

Ok i have a few more names.....

Atari Club of Michigan

Michigan Atari Gamers Group

and not to just pin-hole us as just Atari guys.....

Michigan Classic Gaming

Classic Gamers of Michigan

Michigan Classic Gamers Group (MCCG...I like this one myself)

Edited by jboypacman

I like the name Michigan Classic Gaming Group or MCGG and if this sounds cool to everyone i think we could go with this as our user group's name.

I like the fact that this will not just pin-hole us a Atari gamers but classic gamers in general so i will leave this open for a while today and if i don't hear anything by this afternoon i will ask Al to start up our user group using this name.

I like the name Michigan Classic Gaming Group or MCGG and if this sounds cool to everyone i think we could go with this as our user group's name.

I like the fact that this will not just pin-hole us a Atari gamers but classic gamers in general so i will leave this open for a while today and if i don't hear anything by this afternoon i will ask Al to start up our user group using this name.

That works for me. I've been trying to come up with something clever, yet official sounding, but haven't had much luck.

That works for me. I've been trying to come up with something clever, yet official sounding, but haven't had much luck.

Seeing as we are part of the "founding fathers" of this group and you guys don't mind the name then MCGG it is!

I was going to wait until this afternoon but the heck with it i will PM Al about it.

All we will need is a snazzy banner for the user group like the other guys have....AfterMac you want to see if you could come up with one for us?

Edited by jboypacman