Photo

MCGG meeting

97 replies to this topic

#1 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 PM

The first Michigan Classic Gamers Group meeting will be taking place Saturday February 20th 2010 in Ann Arbor, Michigan at Pinball Pete's arcade at 3:00 pm followed by dinner across the road at the popular Pizza House then some video gaming in Ypsilanti,Michigan at SignofZeta's house for those who wish to attend.

Will get some links up shortly for both Pete's and Pizza House for anyone wanting to check these place out before hand and for those that may need directions.

Directions to Zeta's will be given out the day of the meeting.

Edited by jboypacman, Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 PM.

#2 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 PM

Links for Pinball Pete's and Pizza House......

http://www.google.co...8XJZ-4P3rzzhkVQ

http://www.google.co...OXKtH-WXtbrp_Xg

#3 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Your snarky overlord

• 22,639 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 PM

Ooo! Aren't we all official now with your fancy little club and your secret little meetings. :)

#4 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

River Patroller

• 4,480 posts
  • “Rotten wood cannot be carved”

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 PM

Do we have a secret password jboy? Can I know what it is? Will there be cake and pie?

#5 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 PM

Am thinking decoder rings and a MCGG signal to flash in sky to summon us when classic games are needed to be played lol.

#6 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:50 PM

Aftermac is going to make us up a banner to use like the other user groups have tonight once he gets home from work so we won't look so "naked" lol.

#7 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

River Patroller

• 4,480 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 PM

It's gonna be Great!!!!

#8 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:18 PM

For anyone and everyone that is coming on the 20th if you have any items up for sale or trade feel free to list what you have here in the tread as to give people a heads up and deals can be started to be made before hand. :)

#9 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Your snarky overlord

• 22,639 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 PM

My stuff can be seen here: http://www.atariage....items-for-sale/

#10 aftermac OFFLINE  

aftermac

River Patroller

• 2,447 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 PM

Alright, here's what I threw together tonight. If this works for everyone I'll send it to Al.

MCGG-Banner.jpg

#11 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 PM

Alright, here's what I threw together tonight. If this works for everyone I'll send it to Al.

MCGG-Banner.jpg

Very nice Mac! works for me and thanks for making it up too buddy. :)

Edited by jboypacman, Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:18 PM.

#12 aftermac OFFLINE  

aftermac

River Patroller

• 2,447 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 PM

MCGG-Banner.jpg

I dig it Mac! Most excellent totally works for me and thanks for making it up too buddy. :)

Thanks! :)

I have sent it on to Al. If everyone else likes it half as much as you, then we should be good! :D

#13 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Moonsweeper

• 366 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 PM

Wait - wait!!! if 'we' are the MCGG group and aftermac did a 'banner' shouldn't it containing the Red Wings (based upon his avatar) in it? :roll: (yes I'm a big Red wings fan also...)

Can't wait to meet everyone on the 20th!

#14 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Moonsweeper

• 366 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:54 PM

Oh and "I'M HOPING THAT THIS CARRIES ON IN THE FUTURE!!!" - this MCGG group - I knew that there were a bunch of you out there that liked classic video gaming in our tri-state area!!!

#15 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:25 PM

Oh and "I'M HOPING THAT THIS CARRIES ON IN THE FUTURE!!!" - this MCGG group - I knew that there were a bunch of you out there that liked classic video gaming in our tri-state area!!!

We hope to be able to carry this on into the future as well and if fellow Michigan classic gamers such as yourself are here to support MCGG we should not be going anywhere for a while. :)

#16 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

River Patroller

• 4,480 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 AM

I like the banner...was that a tron arcade, or just a random arcade pic? Either way Looks great! Thanks for leaving the RedWings out of the banner, since this really is a gaming idea, not a sports gathering....lol

As for waht can I bring to the meeting for trades? I dont think anyone want any of my stuff, but it can be checked here!

But I've also got things like unused standees (cardboard boxed, name printed on outside of box)....boxes of random spit...and some other thrifty game release items, key chains, pins...I could bring some random game items, not games if anyone is interested..

Pm me if interested....If we can get a count I will bring unused game shirts of various games for eveyone who attends!

#17 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 AM

I like the banner...was that a tron arcade, or just a random arcade pic? Either way Looks great! Thanks for leaving the RedWings out of the banner, since this really is a gaming idea, not a sports gathering....lol

As for waht can I bring to the meeting for trades? I dont think anyone want any of my stuff, but it can be checked here!

But I've also got things like unused standees (cardboard boxed, name printed on outside of box)....boxes of random spit...and some other thrifty game release items, key chains, pins...I could bring some random game items, not games if anyone is interested..

Pm me if interested....If we can get a count I will bring unused game shirts of various games for eveyone who attends!

Good Ideal on the head count Chris! Put me on the list. :)

#18 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

River Patroller

• 4,480 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 AM

Shh....Jboy, we are supposed to use secret names now that we are a group....remember I'm not Chris anymore....its c-flash from here on out...
But yeah a list is gonna be a great idea....
So here it goes

AfterMac
C-Flash
Dalum
Goat
Jboy
JEFF31
Mandy
Sonic R
Tempest
Zeta

Pm me or add you name in here I will update the list as I see people posting yes or no on the attendee part...

I hope the pizza is good..do they serve beer at the pizza parlour?

Can we play the "Pinball Wizard" song by the who when we are at Pinball pete's?

#19 aftermac OFFLINE  

aftermac

River Patroller

• 2,447 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 AM

Actually, it's a Centipede cabinet (my favorite arcade game). I was messing with some Photoshop filters (glowing edges, I think :ponder: )and I though that gave it a really cool retro look. I removed the side-art just to give it a random, non-descript look.

I'm going to attend, also. :)

#20 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

River Patroller

• 4,480 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 AM

yer in...is AfterMac your code name or do we need a codename for you as well.....(suppsed to be secretative)

#21 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Moonsweeper

• 366 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 PM

I'm going to attend.

#22 Chris Leach OFFLINE  

Chris Leach

River Patroller

• 4,480 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:13 PM

I'm going to attend.

Jeff31 .....Added ya in there....that's 4 ? I know we have more attending than that....let me know

#23 aftermac OFFLINE  

aftermac

River Patroller

• 2,447 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 PM

yer in...is AfterMac your code name or do we need a codename for you as well.....(suppsed to be secretative)

So my secret identity needs a secret identity? :? ;)

#24 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,202 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 PM

C-Flash add Zeta and Goat to the list....still waiting for Dalum to give me a yes or no if he is coming and you do have Tempest on the list right?

Edited by jboypacman, Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 PM.

#25 Sonic R OFFLINE  

Sonic R

Dragonstomper

• 667 posts

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 AM

I would like to participate in this gathering!

I may have to work in the morning… if that is the case, my arrival to the arcade will probably be around 4-4:30

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users