IGNORED

Master System collection: 28 years and counting!

zylon

Nice collection :) I've only got about half the number of games that you do.

I bought my first SMS in 1988. I had about a dozen games before the original console died and went to charity in 1993. The games went to my brother, who used them with a Game Gear and Master Gear adapter.

In 2008 I decided I really missed having a SMS, so I started collecting for it. To my surprise, my brother still had my original SMS games and gave them back to me :D

Thanks. That's another forum I joined some time ago dealing only with the SMS. I added those commodore games because they were related somewhat. I've bought those games from all over the world as the SMS is largely region-free.

Edited by zylon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I didn't even know there were that many games for the Master System. I've never known anybody who had one. Goes to show how badly it was beaten by NES in the U.S. But that makes it all the more interesting to collect for. That's an awesome collection. I'd like to get in on this system as well, one day.

Thats an awesome collection, I'd kill for a complete in box american SMS. And if you're into tec toy games I have 3 sealed games from tec toy for sale on ebay.

I had a complete boxed tec toy model 1 sms at some point but my TV didnt really like it( its an american TV that has been transcoded to accept PAL-M), so I bought a loose NTSC system and havent had a problem with it.

I still have the box and paperwork of that systemm but I gave the console and controllers + a bunch of loose cartridges to a friend.

The SMS feels so underated to me, I only got to really play the NES this year, and it looked so watch out and dull, maybe im too used to the sms's vibrant colors.

I have one and about 6 games, but there is virtually nothing for SMS to be found in the wild these days. Everybody must be hanging onto what they have. I need a light gun for the system badly.

I may have a spare gun. I had one that worked fine but the back cover was missing. It should still be around here somewhere.

I remember back around '87-'88, there was an ad in one of the video game magazines that listed "Asteroids/Missile Command" for the Master System. But I've never seen it. It was a company out of England if I remember correctly. Anyone ever see it?

I've never seen that one but there was an Arcade Smash Hits that had alternate versions of Missile Command, Centipede, & Breakout.

Wow, I didn't even know there were that many games for the Master System. I've never known anybody who had one. Goes to show how badly it was beaten by NES in the U.S. But that makes it all the more interesting to collect for. That's an awesome collection. I'd like to get in on this system as well, one day.

For every one game released in the US, there were two or three released in Europe/Latin America.

It's a bit like the NES in Europe where games are generally cheap but to North Americans, they can be new treasures!

• 1 month later...

New acquisition! Just bought the US Sega Master System: Base System version boxed, complete. :D All I should need now is the "Tonka" Sega Base system to complete US system release variants. :ponder: The base systems were the ones without the gun and are harder to find boxed. :?: Curiously, they still had Light Phaser instructions with them.

post-25215-127706768186_thumb.jpg

post-25215-127706779535_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...