IGNORED

I have a boxed Adam Computer for sale in marketplace

Yurkie

Thanks Murph, I changed it.

Hope it sells soon, I am getting crazy thoughts about getting it fixed and keeping it. :lust:

What are the symptoms of the non-functioning? Does electronic typewriter come up? Word pro? Tape try to load but doesnt? cart play?

If you can get as far as word pro, do a Ctrl-R, is it BIOS rev R80 or less? I have had some success in reviving these beasts. R77 or better usually function ok, less than R77 and its crap, flakey. Return it to the depot that is on the warranty card...oh wait a minute that was a 1984 offer, we are a little late :ponder:

Hope it sells soon, I am getting crazy thoughts about getting it fixed and keeping it. :lust:

What are the symptoms of the non-functioning? Does electronic typewriter come up? Word pro? Tape try to load but doesnt? cart play?

If you can get as far as word pro, do a Ctrl-R, is it BIOS rev R80 or less? I have had some success in reviving these beasts. R77 or better usually function ok, less than R77 and its crap, flakey. Return it to the depot that is on the warranty card...oh wait a minute that was a 1984 offer, we are a little late :ponder:

I can't get anything to come up on the tv screen, even when I use one of those direct to rf connectors. The TV does blink when I have a cart in it and hit reset.

It may be as simple as a power supply problem. I have no problem taking a part colecovisions and working on them, but this thing is just so clean and nice, and I have no experience with them, I am not comfortable messing with it.

I can't get anything to come up on the tv screen, even when I use one of those direct to rf connectors. The TV does blink when I have a cart in it and hit reset.

It may be as simple as a power supply problem. I have no problem taking a part colecovisions and working on them, but this thing is just so clean and nice, and I have no experience with them, I am not comfortable messing with it.

Just to state some obvious troubleshooting items I'd try in case you havent.

As long as the printer resets Electronic Typewriter should come up

Switch channel 3/4 on the far left looking at the rear.

2nd jack over from the left is monitor out, try that connection to the yellow video input on TV bypassing RF.

Unplug keyboard in case ADAMNet is crapping out on it.

Other steps may require surgery.

Dave

Just to state some obvious troubleshooting items I'd try in case you havent.

As long as the printer resets Electronic Typewriter should come up

Switch channel 3/4 on the far left looking at the rear.

2nd jack over from the left is monitor out, try that connection to the yellow video input on TV bypassing RF.

Unplug keyboard in case ADAMNet is crapping out on it.

Other steps may require surgery.

Dave

Dave to be honest I am glad it didn't work. Otherwise I would have had to get a second data tape drive, 2 5 1/4" floppy drives and start collecting every CIB Adam game and program. This way I get off easy and can enjoy my real passion the ColecoVision. Oh I almost forgot I would have to get all those cool daisy wheel print heads too. Hopefully someone buys this, I would love to hear a story about them getting it fixed and enjoying it. I dropped the price to $150 shipped. I can't go any lower than that. I figure it is worth a solid $400 working and someone could probably get it fixed for $50 or $100

Dave to be honest I am glad it didn't work. Otherwise I would have had to get a second data tape drive, 2 5 1/4" floppy drives and start collecting every CIB Adam game and program.

Hah, I hear ya! I went the route you allude to, I have a 160K original drive, a 320K modded original, 3 microinnovation drives (320, 720, 1.44), and two hard drives, and enough software to fill a closet. A major investment in bucks and space to be sure.

My current project is to replace the printer with an AT power supply that will have connectors for ADAM, CV, and 12VDC for my Arcadia 2001 and compatibles (Leisurevision, Hanimex, Schmid)

Yurkie, while I don't wanna sound like I'm thread crapping, $400 seems awfully ambitious, even if it were MIB never used. One went here last year, still sealed in it's outer brown shipping case for $225 I think. From my experience, the most valuable part of an Adam these days is the cost of shipping. :)

But good luck with the sale, Ebay often surprises people! :)

Yurkie, while I don't wanna sound like I'm thread crapping, $400 seems awfully ambitious, even if it were MIB never used. One went here last year, still sealed in it's outer brown shipping case for $225 I think. From my experience, the most valuable part of an Adam these days is the cost of shipping. :)

But good luck with the sale, Ebay often surprises people! :)

I sold a minty boxed Adam recently(couple months ago) on ebay, had extra software,Dragons Lair or Space Ace (cant recall which it was) and a bunch of unopened data tapes. Even had the little bagged cleaning cloths that is was shipped with. Only got $99 after 3 tries.