IGNORED

Atari 8 Bit Ringtones

Kalwren

I spent a few hours the other day turning my favorite games into Ringtones in .mp3 format.

Hope you like them.

Boulderdash is my favorite one, although MULE is still my favorite game. :)

Hope you enjoy it!

I just uploaded the file to Fileplanet, so it may be a little while before the link starts working.

Send me any Feedback you may have.

KalwrensRingtones.zip

• Like 1

I think SIO beeps would make a nice ringtone.

If it's someone you don't know, or don't want to talk to.....410 squawks.

Most people - standard 810/1050 beeps.

Important caller - 3X "warp speed" beeps.

Maybe put in that "error 144" static-sound (or whatever error it is - you know the one I mean).

Receiving emails - have it play the "downloading "R:" handler 1030 sound!

ok, enough.

Ah yes, FilePlanet where you need a PC running Internet Explorer to download. Nice :(

Is there a better way to deliver a 20mb file that you know of?

I'm always open to suggestions. :)

Yes just pick a download service that supports folks with Mac or Linux machines, or even people who just don't run IE. Sorry not mad at you, just hate it when web sites force people to use a particular browser or OS when there is no need. Pretty much every browser I can think of can download a file so why should FilePlanet force me into using any one in particular? :roll:

Ah yes, FilePlanet where you need a PC running Internet Explorer to download. Nice :(

Yes just pick a download service that supports folks with Mac or Linux machines, or even people who just don't run IE. Sorry not mad at you, just hate it when web sites force people to use a particular browser or OS when there is no need. Pretty much every browser I can think of can download a file so why should FilePlanet force me into using any one in particular? :roll:

I was able to download it using Firefox.

Edited by MrFish

I was able to download it using Firefox.

I'll try FF when I get home. When I tried from Safari on my Mac the popup download box informed me that I needed to be running Internet Explorer to install their ActiveX download component before the download could begin.

I'll try FF when I get home. When I tried from Safari on my Mac the popup download box informed me that I needed to be running Internet Explorer to install their ActiveX download component before the download could begin.

At least from Internet Explorer, when that dialog box comes up requesting you download their activex control, there is a link at the bottom of that page that says something like "Continue to public queue". I simply clicked on that without installing the activex control and got the download just fine. They are probably trying to install some kind of download manager, but it appears to be optional. I think Adobe does something like that too.

Bob

I had no idea Fileplanet had those limitations. I'll find a different site to host on.

I agree though, I don't like sites that expect a particular machine type or browser type. It's the web! It's for everyone! :)

Tried FireFox from the Mac and still no go. Here's the text from the pop up:

Unable to install the FilePlanet Download Control!

Possible Reasons...

* The control requires Internet Explorer 5 or higher running on Windows 9x/NT4/2000/XP
   * If you are running NT, XP or 2000 you must have Administrator privileges
   * Your Internet security settings do not allow ActiveX plugins to be downloaded
   * You declined to install the control on the previous screen

Click here to to continue to the public queue!
To download, click the link above. For movie files, right-click and choose "Save-As". 

When I click "Click here to continue to the public queue!" it just refreshes the message in the pop up so it looks like FilePlanet isn't Mac friendly at all. :(

I don't know if this will bypass the whole activex control thing for you or if atariage will show the link correctly, but this is the link that finally points directly to the file:kalwrensringtones.zip

Bob

Awesome, thanks Bob that worked a treat :)

And thanks to Kalwren too, at the moment I have Giana Sisters as my ringtone but I'll definitely be swapping that out for some Atari goodness! :D

• 1 year later...

I think SIO beeps would make a nice ringtone.

If it's someone you don't know, or don't want to talk to.....410 squawks.

Most people - standard 810/1050 beeps.

Important caller - 3X "warp speed" beeps.

Maybe put in that "error 144" static-sound (or whatever error it is - you know the one I mean).

Receiving emails - have it play the "downloading "R:" handler 1030 sound!

ok, enough.

I have to agree on the SIO beeps. About 4 in a row would make an awesome incoming text beep..

Kalwren, thanks for the file!!