IGNORED

Season 1 Game 2 *Lady Bug*

Turns out I don't suck at Ladybug as much as I do at Burgertime. Not bad for first try in quite a few years. 75,370 on level 14. I rarely got the veggies as I seemed more concerned with clearing the boards versus waiting for all of them to clear out and for the veggie to appear.

post-25458-126708032393_thumb.jpg

Turns out I don't suck at Ladybug as much as I do at Burgertime. Not bad for first try in quite a few years. 75,370 on level 14. I rarely got the veggies as I seemed more concerned with clearing the boards versus waiting for all of them to clear out and for the veggie to appear.

That's good.

If you can get to level 14 and wait the the veggies you will probably get around 120k.

Speaking of veggies here's another tip ...

If you take the veggie and still have a skull in the screen, wait until an enemy runs in it and the veggie will return.

If you take the veggie and still have a skull in the screen, wait until an enemy runs in it and the veggie will return.

Yeah I found this out just before I went to bed. Is this true all the time? I figured the game just bugged.

Yeah I found this out just before I went to bed. Is this true all the time? I figured the game just bugged.

I tried on 4 or 5 levels and it always worked.

About LadyBug

-Yes, cause the skull sets the enemy count to less than 4, and the 4th enemy is what makes the veggie appear in the middle, it can actually be done repeatively on a level if pulled off right.

- I’m not sure on the “Special” spelling, as I never saw it happen on the INTV version. If anyone can confirm this, that would be great. The Red Color however corresponds to 800pts per item (arcade) compared to 500 (yellow) and 100(blue).

- I may be new here, but not to the INTV. I’ll be firing up the bug later tonight. :)

I really should give this game a shot just so i can get a point towards the leader board score. I only tried the emulator once and i didn't like using the gamepad i have. It was hard to control. :sad:

Try using the keyboard arrow keys. That's what I've been using and the control hasn't been that bad.

I really should give this game a shot just so i can get a point towards the leader board score. I only tried the emulator once and i didn't like using the gamepad i have. It was hard to control. :sad:

Try using the keyboard arrow keys. That's what I've been using and the control hasn't been that bad.

Don’t take this wrong, but I hate you :) Ok, let me refrase that, I dont hate you personally, just your one-upping of my scores... At least its making this fun... Looking forward to the 200k barrier soon :)

Don’t take this wrong, but I hate you :) Ok, let me refrase that, I dont hate you personally, just your one-upping of my scores... At least its making this fun... Looking forward to the 200k barrier soon :)

200k is a goal for me and I hope a few others break it as well. I only have until Wednesday night then I'll be out of town for a week. Hopefully I can hit the 200k mark and add it to the HSC.

This HSC for the Intv has breathed a lot of new life into my personal interest of the system.

Sorry patbb, but I had to one-up you... I've been loving the challenge, and I hope you come back to put another score up before time has expired...

New score : 158,420

post-25689-126740075955_thumb.jpg

As requested ...

I got lucky on this game .. 3 EXTRA

I should have cleared the level instead of waiting for the veggie.

post-25394-126749901296_thumb.jpg

No new score to report, but I have a new strategy some others may want to try.

1. Get the hearts when they're blue. Do so as soon as possible without getting letters and eating the least amount of dots as possible.

2. After you have all hearts wait for the letters to turn to red then eat them. The red color will only last for <1 second so you must be right next to them. When red they are worth 800 points, if you have all the hearts for the 5x bonus that's 4000 points. Two letters per round is 8000 points. It adds up.

3. Get the veggies each round. If possible try to save a skull or two and lead the baddies into them. I think it was round 3 where I got the veggies 3 times.

The downside of this is you don't get any extra lives. If you navigate the maze well enough you should be able to last quite a while.

I have a couple of nights to try this and that'll be it for me this week. I like this game and can't wait for the next challenge.

No new score to report, but I have a new strategy some others may want to try.

1. Get the hearts when they're blue. Do so as soon as possible without getting letters and eating the least amount of dots as possible.

2. After you have all hearts wait for the letters to turn to red then eat them. The red color will only last for <1 second so you must be right next to them. When red they are worth 800 points, if you have all the hearts for the 5x bonus that's 4000 points. Two letters per round is 8000 points. It adds up.

3. Get the veggies each round. If possible try to save a skull or two and lead the baddies into them. I think it was round 3 where I got the veggies 3 times.

The downside of this is you don't get any extra lives. If you navigate the maze well enough you should be able to last quite a while.

I have a couple of nights to try this and that'll be it for me this week. I like this game and can't wait for the next challenge.

1. I agree

2. I prefer getting the EXTRA. Too bad we cannot spell "SPECIAL" in red like in the original game. After spelling "SPECIAL", you've get a bonus round of all veggies.

3. It's sometime difficult to save the skulls especially starting at level 9 when the baddies are getting to get faster then you.

Edited by patbb

1. I agree

2. I prefer getting the EXTRA. Too bad we cannot spell "SPECIAL" in red like in the original game. After spelling "SPECIAL", you've get a bonus round of all veggies.

3. It's sometime difficult to save the skulls especially starting at level 9 when the baddies are getting to get faster then you.

The extra is nice, but I found I could score more points in a fewer number of levels by getting the red letters. Whether this strategy will get me over 200k is to be determined.

I actually have an easier time saving the skulls the later in the game it gets. The baddies usually follow you quite a bit so it's easier to "steer" them away from hitting the skulls until you want them. It doesn't always work, but usually after level 5 or so I get the veggie 2 or 3 times.

I'd bring my laptop on vacation but we're going to spend time with family and attend my niece's wedding. It might be a bit tacky to bring a laptop along. Besides...it's Florida and the hotel is on the beach, staying inside to play games would be weird.

I may not get a chance to play tonight so I'll have to leave my last score as my best. Congrats to the eventual winner. This game was a blast and I can't wait for the next one. I'll be out of town for the next week without internet access so I'll talk to you all then.

Take care!