IGNORED

Best Sega Saturn Imports?

Tempest

...(and how much you like it doesn't change the fact that it has no relation to the Wolfteam designed Sol Feace/Deace).

Just a FYI, I wasn't the guy that assumed that connection. :D :thumbsup:

I haven't played it myself, but this is going by what I heard on the shmups forum. I'm aware that the XS one is butchered, but the Saturn one is 35-50 dollars, a bit much to risk on a generally disliked game if you haven't played it.

Mm.. Shmup fans are quite the finicky bunch. You can't really take [some of] their opinions too seriously. Try it out for yourself, especially if you're a fan of shmups.

IMO, the XS release is fine if you plan on solely playing the arcade mode. It's nearly identical to the release in the arcades, and for shooter fans, that's usually enough. For five bucks, it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it before. Just don't plan on playing [very far into] the expanded/adventure mode until you get a hold of an import copy.

I heard DonPachi is better on JPSX and the Saturn one has some framerate issues or something along those lines. DoDonPachi I heard looks better on PSX, but plays well on both. I mentioned Batsugun in the very post you quoted from.

It's possible the PSX version of DonPachi is smoother, but I don't recall it having any sort of framerate issues in the Saturn version.

Tempest, I can't seem to find any lists out there that group titles based on how much Japanese is required to play them. If you want to take the time, feel free to list the games you've got. Many of us here have played a wide array of Saturn imports. It was (and still is) the most bad-ass system to import for, anyway. ;) :thumbsup:

Tempest

lol

odd you should the girly/pervy games.

I just ordered

about 3 hours ago.

and no, I don't have any explaination for my actions. I guess the 'best' justification is that it's a helluva tech demo.

Darn you Reaperman! Darn you to Heck!

You just made me order one too! I must be very impressionable or something...

Oh well, I can think of worse ways to spend a grand total of $10.80CDN!