• Safecracker
    • Swords & Serpents
    • Tropical Trouble
    • Truckin'
    • White Water!
    • Moonsweeper (Unreleased)
    • Wing War (Unreleased)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Imagic made Gold on the Inty. What's your favorite and why? For me, it's Dracula. The two player mode was just brilliant, the graphics and audio were great, the theme was cool, there was some nice variety as the game progressed, it was fun and challenging... just a great, unique game.

Runners up for me would be Atlantis, Demon Attack, Beauty and the Beast, Dragon Fire and Microsurgeon (thought I loved that back in the day, I can't play it now)... pretty much everything I owned would be a runner up. I didn't dislike any Inty Imagic game I owned.

Demon Attack is a lot of fun, I have to say, but I agree: Dracula was their best piece of work. I just bought one CIB (thanks dmaxwell!) so it will be really cool to try it on something other than an emulator but of all of them it's the most fun. Hard yet not 'too hard'.

I'm a big fan of White Water. I love almost all of the Imagic games on the intelly, but it's my favorite. It's highly original. The raft controls are spot on. There are tons of hazards to dodge, and it's very challenging. The added treasure minigame is a hoot to play as well. I live how your lives are actually represented by the men in the boat, and that you can chase them down and save them if they get knocked overboard.

Excellent game, and one you can only play on the intellivision. Ice trek, microsurgeon, fathom

, Dracula, and safe cracker are also fun. So are truckin and beauty and the beast. Only tropical trouble and nova blast are just average in my book.

Imagic is one of the top reasons to own an intelly in my opinion. Their stuff is on this system is inspired.

I'm gonna have to say Beauty & the Beast just because that's the game i grew up with. I just recently bought Dracula and haven't really played it so maybe my choice could change sometime in the future, but for now i got to go with B&B. I played that game out over the years. The only Imagic games i owned back then was Beauty and the Beast, Microsurgeon, Demon Attack, and Atlantis. All 4 were great. I'm slowly getting some of the other ones.

Gotta go with Dracula. My best friend had this game and we'd play it for hours. I have way too many good memories playing that game. From an actual game perspective I always thought it was a great idea for a game being different from the usual sports or shoot 'em ups. It had some of the best graphics I had seen on the Intv at the time. Best part though had to be turning people into zombies. My friend and I would switch who was Dracula each round and the other one would play the zombie.

Just a few weeks ago I bought this game CIB for my collection and once again played it for hours. My thumbs still hurt pushing those damn side buttons to bite people.

I just bought those 3 games yesterday on ebay.

Atlantis 1.99 + 4$ shipping

Beauty and the Beast 5.25$ Shipping included

Demon attack 5.00$ Shipping included

16$ for 3 great games (cart, box, inlay, manual) including shipping to Canada from USA.

Is that a good deal?

EBAY Link below:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304405154981?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230440515498&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Atlantis (not actual picture)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2004434633511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200443463351&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Beauty and the Beast

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2004434627781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200443462778&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Demon Attack

I too would have to say Beauty and the Beast for the same reason as rgw825 mentioned: it's what I grew up with. Kind of a cool little DK ripoff that's easy to get into and zone out with.

I used to get a kick out of going all the way to the top of the first building and then falling to my death. The fall seems like it takes forever lol.

As of now, I'd have to say either Atlantis or White Water. But I'm holding off on voting because there are a bunch of these that I either haven't played or haven't played enough. In the first category, I'm really looking forward to Swords & Serpents; in the second category, I'd like to get the hang of Truckin'.

It's hard to make a selection.

I never played White water ... I should.

The selection I made is truckin'

1-Because it's a game that two can play at the same time.

2-The split screen was also new to me.

3-There is a nice map that comes with it, so you have to use something else than the program to help you find the best way to get from point A to point B.

4-Two game in one...Speed or Money

5- Many things do do: manage gas, speed (watch out for the police), avoid incoming traffic.

I no longer have the map, does anybody have a nice JPG I can use?

Or, I will send a letter to Imagic ... see image

post-25394-126747008606_thumb.jpg

Edited by patbb

I no longer have the map, does anybody have a nice JPG I can use?

...Or have they?

(I don't know anything about the person or persons behind the site and scans -- all I know is that it's a great resource, and I'm grateful to 'em!)

thegoldenband linked the site above in the Night Stalker thread. It has a great PDF selection including the map for Truckin'. :)

Sword and Serpents. Great top view RPG game that was exceptional when playing with 2 players as the 2nd person can be a wizard with each button on the keypad representing a spell that could be cast.

Dracula and Microsurgeon were top on my list too since they were also very innovative. Imagic had a habit of making the intellivision look good!

I picked Dracula because it is unique and also an Intellivision only release. I so want to like Truckin' for the same reasons but the game is just too boring for me to really give a chance, if it was the early 80's again and I was stuck with it for a Christmas present then maybe but these days I just can't find the time with so much better stuff out there to play. If we had to go with favorite Imagic game on any system I would have picked Fathom or Dragonfire since I really like the 2600 versions. I did not own an intellivision growing up but my friend did so I have some nostalgia with it, just none for Imagic since he did not own any of there games.

Swords would be my first choice, but there's a whole lot of runners up. Beauty & the Beast I'm revisiting right now for the INTV high score club, but I literally enjoy playing all of them, except maybe Fathom. Add to that how great the boxes look on the shelf, Imagic just got it back in the day. icon_thumbsup.gif

Swords would be my first choice, but there's a whole lot of runners up.[/img]

I finally got around to picking up Swords & Serpents (loose) not to long ago. No idea how to play it. Need to google for the instructions one of these days. =) That's one of those games I always drooled over when I saw the screenshot in the catalog.

I too would have to say Beauty and the Beast for the same reason as rgw825 mentioned: it's what I grew up with. Kind of a cool little DK ripoff that's easy to get into and zone out with.

I used to get a kick out of going all the way to the top of the first building and then falling to my death. The fall seems like it takes forever lol.

I did this by accident last night and was very amused :)

I was the first to pick Safecracker?

For me, it was the first Imagic game I owned. I also thought it was cool that the map was *huge* and not random (I had it mapped out when I was a kid). I think it's 26 blocks before it wraps.

I voted for Swords and Serpents BTW. I haven't played it in over 25 years but my best friend had this game when we were kids and we played a ton of it. We would take turns being the knight and the wizard.

I played today for the first time in a long time and I didn't remember how slow the knight moved. Frustrating at times, but still a cool game, just need to put in some practice.icon_biggrinwink.gif