IGNORED

Replacement joystick cables

channelmaniac

Anyone have a good source for joystick replacement DB9 cables?

I need ones with more wires than the Atari 2600 ones... They only have 6 wires (up, down, left, right, fire, and ground) where I need 7 to fix some Sega controllers (up, down, left ,right, button 1, button 2, and ground).

Seems all I can find are extension cables for $8 each plus shipping from Canada but they don't even list the # of wires inside.

Thanks!

RJ

Sega Genesis controllers seem to me to be the best source for such cables.

You can make your own and/or buy 9 pin cables, but they almost all have the "ears" or whatever the tabs with screws/holes are called.

Yeah, the molded cables have longer ends on them and the DB9 computer cables don't so they won't fit in the joystick ports on the Master System. :(

• 6 years later...

genesis extension cable

its what I use on my NES to atari controllers, I buy them 20 at a time which puts them in the 3.89 price range each (free snail mail postage from china) or 10 at a time for 4.10 each

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-6-Feet-Controller-extension-cable-for-sega-megadrive-2-genesis-2/32278597163.html

edit: they have all 9 wires btw

Edited by Osgeld