IGNORED

SuperCross 3D Play Through

kevincal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmTcGeqaRM&feature=PlayList&p=AC3B853446E97F3C&index=0

Part 1-3 uploaded so far, 4-10 to go! :D Then Super Burnout... That one came out great. What a cool game...

Cool Kev -will check it out! :) Now I just need to brush up on my SC3D turning controls to be able to duplicate on my Jag what you did in the video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmTcGeqaRM&feature=PlayList&p=AC3B853446E97F3C&index=0

Part 1-3 uploaded so far, 4-10 to go! :D Then Super Burnout... That one came out great. What a cool game...

Cool Kev -will check it out! :) Now I just need to brush up on my SC3D turning controls to be able to duplicate on my Jag what you did in the video. :)

Its kinda fun once you get the hang of it :)

Hehe, believe me when I first started playing SC3D I was crashing all over the place. Initial impressions were this game was crap. But after 15-30 minutes I really started to get the timing of the turns and I also discovered holding down and hitting the gas makes you go fast and jump further! :D But you can't just hold down all the time, gotta let of the gas and press down then hit the gas again, mostly just before the big jumps.

Wow, I seriously wish you were kidding. You deserve some kind of reward for managing this, Kevin.

LOL thanks I know I make the game look a lot easier than it is. :P I'm a big motocross/supercross fan though so I had to be good at this game. :) Now that I'm good I find it very fun. Better than Checkered Flag (I know, not saying much). I would give Checkered Flag 3 out of 5 (60%) and SuperCross 3D 3.5 out of 5 (70%)

Its kinda fun once you get the hang of it :)

Yup, just get the timing of the turns down. Also let off the gas in tight turns. And finally hold down just before you hit a big jump to get extra air. :) Also do it before the whoops section (many small jumps in a row) to fly over the whole thing. Also try to stay in front as the frame rate stays better that way. :P It gets pretty gnarly (slow framerate) when many riders are on screen :lol:

Kevin is the man! I love your videos on Youtube. :)

thanks man! I guess I should be writing for the mag instead of playing games huh? :( ;)

If I like Checkered Flag will I like this? Both games seem to have same flaws, frame rate and control (due to the frame rate).

Yep if you like CF even a little I think you will like SC3D. :)

If I like Checkered Flag will I like this?

Yes, they are both horrible - you should be in heaven. :P

No they aren't horrible! :grin:

Guess who. :D The kid next to me in the last pic is now one of the top Pro Supercross guys, his name is Ryan Morais. Here he is now:

He had a nasty wreck a few weeks back! :o

He's alright though and will be back racing soon. :)

post-2908-12674215528_thumb.jpg

post-2908-126742156293_thumb.jpg

post-2908-126742157623_thumb.jpg

post-2908-126742158826_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevincal

Well my copy of SC3D finally arrived! It plays exactly how your videos look, awful frame rate, awkward collision, but decent controls. I finished second in the first tournament and first in the second tournament (first time every playing). Granted racing is my favorite genre, and I tend to catch on quickly, but this is a decent game. It's not good by any means, but compared to Checkered Flag... Thanks for the videos. I look forward to completing this!

Well my copy of SC3D finally arrived! It plays exactly how your videos look, awful frame rate, awkward collision, but decent controls. I finished second in the first tournament and first in the second tournament (first time every playing). Granted racing is my favorite genre, and I tend to catch on quickly, but this is a decent game. It's not good by any means, but compared to Checkered Flag... Thanks for the videos. I look forward to completing this!

Cool, what difficulty setting are you playing on? :) There are 5 settings. I played the middle setting which is Pro.

Cool, what difficulty setting are you playing on? :) There are 5 settings. I played the middle setting which is Pro.

Finished a reason on Pro. Finished 6th overall (though 4th place was only 3 points ahead of me...) would have been higher but I got passed on a "Last Chance" on the final city robbing me of a chance to race in the Final. Some of the tracks flow really well, and are genuinely fun. Some are more of a pain.

• Like 1