IGNORED

Unsealing of 2 ECS games

I'll be doing that myself today. Just got an ecs myself :)

I love unboxing old stuff. it drives the collector types batty, but games are meant to be played! Being the first person to play a game from 30 years ago is a great feeling.

Go on! Open... I'd say life is too hard and short to not enjoy a rare game. I don't see the point in collecting sealed games, unless you plan on being a millionaire at 90 years old. Do hardcore collectors plan on selling 70 year old sealed games in their golden years?? Oe why do they like them sealed? I mean...if it hasn't been opened the wrong game could be inside, it's very rare but DOES happen :?

But I do however recommened treating them rare games like gold. :twisted:

I don't see the point in collecting sealed games, unless you plan on being a millionaire at 90 years old. Do hardcore collectors plan on selling 70 year old sealed games in their golden years?? Oe why do they like them sealed?

Sealed ads to it's value because it is rarer (since fewer sealed copies exsist) Sometimes collectors already own an entire CIB set and still want to collect so the next step is Sealed, this happens a lot with NES guys. Many collectors never play there games. I personally play them and therfore do not collect sealed games but knowing they are worth more I would be a fool to open them (unless it is some really common title) The best thing to do is sell them to someone who collects sealed games and buy a cheaper opened copy for yourself.

I actually think I opened one sealed game, and that was for the NES. It may have been Star Tropics. I did open one of the Activision titles I got which was claimed to be sealed until I received it in the mail. The price sticker which was just a blank label with 17.99 written on it (not a store sticker) was UNDER the shrinkwrap. Then I knew it wasn't factory sealed.

It is tough to open a sealed game, but many people have pointed out that maybe what's under the shrinkwrap is not what is supposed to be. Even factory sealed games may not be correct. I try and buy sealed games from reliable sources, in original factory cases are the best bet you're getting what you're paying for.

Phil

The best thing to do is sell them to someone who collects sealed games and buy a cheaper opened copy for yourself.

I got a great deal on the games. It would probably cost me more to buy an unsealed copy at the normal going rate. But then again who knows how much i could of gotten for it if i just resold it.

I'm so happy I own those games open. I can never bring myself to open games anymore. At least for vintage systems.

Phil

I don't see the point in collecting sealed games, unless you plan on being a millionaire at 90 years old. Do hardcore collectors plan on selling 70 year old sealed games in their golden years?? Oe why do they like them sealed?

Sealed ads to it's value because it is rarer (since fewer sealed copies exsist) Sometimes collectors already own an entire CIB set and still want to collect so the next step is Sealed, this happens a lot with NES guys. Many collectors never play there games. I personally play them and therfore do not collect sealed games but knowing they are worth more I would be a fool to open them (unless it is some really common title) The best thing to do is sell them to someone who collects sealed games and buy a cheaper opened copy for yourself.

I agree with both of these posts. I must admit I'd have a tough time opening these although I'm fortunate enough to own them both sealed and CIB and loose. I like to have both play copies and collector copies as I consider myself to be both. That said, good for you for doing so, you're braver than I.icon_smile.gif Enjoy your ECS and the somewhat unique games for it.