IGNORED

Manic Miner Port?

Heaven/TQA

Also great music :D

Amen. Music in SAP format?

Thanks goes to Miker for the music.. The idea I had early on with the music was that it builds in it's intensity as your air decreases during each level to create some further intensity.

I'll make sure to include the sap with the release.

I'm wondering whether it's worth having keyboard control at all on the Atari conversion?
If it doesn't add too much work, I'd add or keep the keyboard controls.

I've always found keyboard control more responsive for platformers. Especially pixel-perfect ones like Matthew Smith's classics.

I'm only up the road in Bolton, so if you ever need a Beta tester...

I'm wondering whether it's worth having keyboard control at all on the Atari conversion?
If it doesn't add too much work, I'd add or keep the keyboard controls.

I've always found keyboard control more responsive for platformers. Especially pixel-perfect ones like Matthew Smith's classics.

I'm only up the road in Bolton, so if you ever need a Beta tester...

yea, I'll probably include the original keyboard control too. I'm preparing a playable beta (this week hopefully) with the first few levels to get some feedback from people who know the original inside out.

aehm... why Miner inspired? a man running around on platforms and jumping? but where is the "painting of the floor and platforms" then? ;)
Matthew has mentioned in several interviews that he got the idea for MM after playing Miner 2049er.

Interviewed here by Iain Lee (now a Retrogamer writer amongst other things) back in 2001 for the documentary "Thumb Candy" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmmMZlhcqU

Edited by Tezz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Life has been very busy for me this year and I've not had any free time for fun stuff. Next week I have to move out for some major work to be completed on the house and virtually all my possessions are packed away. A big hassle :( Once that's all sorted and everything is back to normal in a couple of months I'll be getting back to finish the projects which I'm eager to do. It's frustrating because I'd finished the majority of MM last year after putting some time into it and was planning to have it all finished for Christmas. Maybe if things work out time wise I can get enough time to have it ready for the expo event here in October.

Edited by Tezz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome! Just shows that the A8 could have had some/most of teh spectrum stuff back then.

Honestly, so many games filled with color clashes. Same way we have on the A8 when we use PMG to color parts.

But I can't understand the hype for this game in particular. Is it just ported because its a classic? Or does playing it makes more fun then you think it does when you watch a video? Same as MJO BTW :)