for your transactions.
However, after a recent review of your account, it has been determined that
you are currently in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Under
the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive
payments for activities that involve gambling and/or gaming activities,
including but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or
greyhound racing, lottery tickets, certain games of skill, and other
ventures that facilitate gambling.
I have removed the PayPal address from this message, so please do not send in any further raffle payments at this time. I'll figure out another way to proceed.
Send an AtariAge Member to Classic Gaming Expo!
With Joe Santulli's blessing, I am copying something they have done on the Digital Press forums for past several Classic Gaming Expos. Basically, they have held a raffle to pay the way for one member's airfare and hotel to the show, up to $600. An additional $100 in cash is then given to the winner at the show. I've decided to try this on AtariAge and see how it goes!
Much of this text and rules are copied from Joe's announcement on DP, with some editing.
You're already aware of classic gaming's most prestigious event, Classic Gaming Expo. A place where you can mingle with the legends of yesteryear, find that out-of-print game you've always wanted, play classic arcade and console systems from your youth, stroll through an unbelievable museum of rare and unusual vintage gaming items, compete in various tournaments and challenges and generally relax in an atmosphere that is decidedly retro. There is only ONE Classic Gaming Expo.
The trouble is, it's far away. And this economy! And of course there are other more pressing things to spend our hard-earned cash on. Well... how about if you could enjoy everything there is to enjoy at Classic Gaming Expo for just ten dollars?
That's right. $10.
We are now opening the gates to a very special contest where sixty "players" go in, and one comes out. That one goes to Las Vegas for Classic Gaming Expo with no additional out-of-pocket expenses:
- The entry fee of $10 x 60 entrants will cover the cost of air fare and the hotel for Friday and Saturday night (July 31st and August 1st) up to $600. If your airfare and hotel cost less than $600, you get to keep that extra money to spend at the show!
- You will receive a free weekend pass to the show.
- You will receive $100 of "spending money" at the Expo. This is beyond the $600 pool, my personal contribution to the contest. Buy that game of your dreams!
- Here's perhaps the best part. On Friday night before the show, CGE Services hosts an "alumni dinner", where the very gaming legends who will be on hand for keynote speeches throughout the weekend gather for a special gathering. Classic Gaming Expo has allowed me to offer a spot at this dinner for the AtariAge member who wins this raffle! The meal is free but most importantly, you'll be rubbing elbows with this year's alumni. Trust me, this is worth way more than any dollar value.
- In addition to the CGE Trip Grand Prize, I'll also put together a collection of smaller prizes over the next week. When the drawing takes place, the first name out of the box will be for the Grand Prize. After that, I'll pull names out for the other prizes (expect things like classic gaming hardware and software).
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.
- The first 60 entrants who are PAID IN FULL qualify. Only ONE entry per family, please.
- You must be a forum member as of March 1st, 2010 to qualify. Payments from unidentified parties will be immediately returned (it might be a good idea to post here that you're IN once your payment is sent).
- A list of members whose payment has been received will follow in the next post so you can keep track of who's in.
- The contest ends when 60 members have met requirements 1 & 2 above. If the list fills up fast, we will most likely run this contest again!
- The drawing will be publicly broadcast on a live webcam. This will be a streaming event with sound and an interactive chat. All entries will be clearly shown and the drawing done "live" at AtariAge Headquarters. Date, time, and web link to be announced once the 60-member requirement is fulfilled.
- If you already have plane tickets or hotel fare, we will re-imburse your costs. Thus, if you're "already going to CGE", you are still qualified to play.
- In the event you're traveling from afar and $600 will not cover the flight and/or hotel, please note that this is a $600 cap that can be applied to your travel, it will be up to you to cover the difference.
- If you already entered the DP raffle, you may enter the AtariAge raffle, as long as you are not the winner of the DP raffle.