IGNORED

A good deal and a bad deal

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2205642597621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220564259762&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is the auction I'm kicking myself for missing. It was even relisted, and I STILL managed to miss out! Fathom, an Intellivoice, Tower of Doom, all kinds of stuff for only fifty bucks + S/H...I was watching it, and simply forgot to bid. Damn these sniping habits of mine; get distracted for ten minutes, and you're out of luck.

I agree in some ways, but sometimes you can piece together a CIB copy from different sources for a lot cheaper than it'd otherwise cost. I have an empty Swords & Serpents box that's waiting for a game/manual/OV, bought as part of a lot of empty Intellivision boxes that made a lot of my games CIB. The box cost me only a buck or so, and it shouldn't cost too much to get a loose copy with manual and overlay. That's a lot cheaper than paying for a CIB copy -- a recent Ebay auction reached $51 for a boxed copy minus one overlay, which is completely insane!

Since i'm just starting my collection, i'm happy with cart only. I just want to play the games. But sometime down the road i'd like to get boxes for all the games. But for now i'm happy just getting the games no matter how they come, torn labels and all.

That's how I started, but then it morphed into a CIB quest, which lead to to NIB quest....I guess I just like a challenge, and the boxes make for good man art.icon_mrgreen.gif

Since i'm just starting my collection, i'm happy with cart only. I just want to play the games. But sometime down the road i'd like to get boxes for all the games. But for now i'm happy just getting the games no matter how they come, torn labels and all.

I agree. It would be nice to find some rarities but I'm not a hardcore collector or anything. I just wanna play.

Those Imagic cartridges would've been a sweet deal though.

Edited by zmbdog

Well, if you're starting a collection, you should be able to get a good 25-30 boxed complete games for about a buck a piece. Most Intellivision games are common and most come complete in the box. Of course, if you don't have another person to play with, many of the games can't really be played.

Phil