IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - March 13th 2010

Pixelboy

Hello retro-people!

I've got some juicy slices of news for all you ColecoVision fans today! :D

First of all, attached below is a picture that shows the current progress of my upcoming "triple release" of Team Pixelboy titles. As you can see, all that's missing are the boxes and the cart labels. retroillucid is handling that and he told me that the printer company he deals with told him the boxes and stickers will be ready by March 19th, which is next Friday. I will still have to get the boxes cut by another company, so the official release date is still several weeks away, but I'm getting there.

By the way, it would seem I will not need to run a lottery for Peek-a-boo, since I didn't reach 50 pre-orders. Almost, but not quite. Same goes for Girl's Garden. And while we're on the subject of pre-ordering, I had well over 130 pre-orders recorded for Gulkave, and on February 21st I contacted all these people by e-mail to find out if they would like to reserve a copy of Girl's Garden and/or Peek-a-boo. Would you believe only half of them bothered to reply so far? I was expecting a few "drop outs", but not that many, to be honest. I also sent PMs on AtariAge to a number of customers to inform them that I had sent them an e-mail, and for some of them, the AtariAge messenger service says they actually read the message, yet decided not to reply. Are they afraid of hurting my feelings by backing out of their pre-orders? :P Anyhow, if you're one of those who haven't replied yet, better late than never, even if it's to cancel your pre-order of Gulkave.

In other news, I recently scored (on eBay) a complete-in-box copy of the rare cartridge edition of Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space for MSX. My good friend Eduardo will be dumping the cart in the near future, and we both expect it should be slightly easier to port to the ColecoVision than the disk version of the same game.

I've got one tentalizing final piece of news for you: Just yesterday, a guy by the name of Stephen Seehorn contacted me and offered his services to port the SG-1000 version of Pitfall II to the ColecoVision! He has already given me an early build of the port which I will test this week-end on my CV console. Stephen seems quite eager, so if all goes as planned, Pitfall II Arcade should be released on cart before the end of this year. No real promises though, just wishful thinking at this point in time. :)

This concludes this news bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

post-7743-126851913045_thumb.jpg

I doubt your lack of responses isn't because people don't want to buy the new releases, but rather that they can't afford to right now. I suspect that like myself, others have had to tighten their gaming budget in recent months...

It can be that, but there's also the fact that I'm not contacting them from my Opcode Games e-mail account, but from my new Team Pixelboy e-mail account, and my e-mails may get flagged as junk in some customers' inbox. An even simpler explaination is that people can simply forget to reply, and these people don't flag e-mails in order to be reminded to reply to them later. There can be several explainations, really.

It's no big deal for me, I'm just hoping some will read this thread and send me an e-mail or PM. :)

Yeah, I'm going to pass on Gulkave and Girl's Garden as I already own these titles for the SG-1000 and I don't have extra money to spend these days. You can remove me from the reserve list if I'm on there.

Alright, I cancelled your pre-order. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Even if it is too early, you can put me on the list for Pitfall 2 arcade. Not interrested by other ports.

Ah, a Pitfall fan I see. ;)

This past week-end, I tried an early alpha of the Pitfall 2 port given to me by Stephen, and it worked pretty well on my real CV console. There are still a few glitches to fix, but it was quite playable, and I found that impressive considering he only put 4 or 5 days of effort into it so far. Of course, you could say he's into the easy part now, just generally figuring out the software and getting the obvious bugs ironed out. It's always that last 10% of effort required to get the port working perfectly that's the killer part of a project like this. :)

Well, I can talk about your games but I need to know first if there is a special public mail address to do pre-orders for these games -or- just contacting you by using your web site concerning these games is enough? Maybe I'll reach a few people who didn't contacted you yet. What is the deadline for the pre-order time considering that you're about to release these games soon?

Well, I can talk about your games but I need to know first if there is a special public mail address to do pre-orders for these games -or- just contacting you by using your web site concerning these games is enough?

I only have one e-mail address, and it's the one indicated on my Team Pixelboy web site. So pre-orders should be adressed to me via that e-mail address.

Maybe I'll reach a few people who didn't contacted you yet. What is the deadline for the pre-order time considering that you're about to release these games soon?

I can't say there's a real deadline here. I have 43 pre-orders for Peek-a-boo so far, so 7 more and the game will be sold out. It's an entirely different story for Gulkave and Girl's Garden however: I will still have plenty of copies of those two games in reserve even after all pre-orders will have been honored, so people can order those whenever they want after the release date.

As soon as the boxes will have been cut and glued together and the stickers will have been applied to the carts, I will start contacting everyone who placed a pre-order. I have a policy of not asking for money until the games are ready to ship.

Thanks. :)

i too would like to be put down for pitfall , if there is a list for it yet. thanx!

Send me an e-mail if you want to be inserted into my customer records. The e-mail address is found on my web site, see link in my signature below.

Also, it would help if you mentionned your AtariAge username when contacting me via e-mail, as I like to keep that information in my customer records. :)

i too would like to be put down for pitfall , if there is a list for it yet. thanx!

Send me an e-mail if you want to be inserted into my customer records. The e-mail address is found on my web site, see link in my signature below.

Also, it would help if you mentionned your AtariAge username when contacting me via e-mail, as I like to keep that information in my customer records. :)

email sent sir!

Great work, Pixelboy! Mixed feelings on the manual design-- reminds me quite a bit of GBA stuff. While money is tight here, too, to be honest, those titles just don't interest me much. Sorry, but maybe the next batch will lure me in. :)

Edited by Murph74

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pixelboy icon_smile.gif

Some "news" around CV Gulkave ?.

Pixelboy has come to my house last Tuesday. I give him all boxes for his next releases

He should post something about very soon

Also, we tested Burn Rubber using 2 Steering Wheel and everything were working flawlessly! :D

Burn Rubber should be release in the next few months! ;)

Pixelboy has come to my house last Tuesday. I give him all boxes for his next releases

The boxes which I picked up at retroillucid's place have been handed over to a company in my city which will cut and crease them. However, since the boxes have no bleed space and are of a very precise design, they told me it was going to be difficult to make cuts and crease lines which are precise enough, so I'm very, very worried. If they botch up the job, I'm not sure what I'll do.

I'll be stuck in a red alert situation at my job until the middle of next week, and I'll have to do overtime Saturday and perhaps even Sunday, so my Team Pixelboy projects are completely off my priority list until further notice. I just don't want to deal with that stuff right now.

Thanks for understanding.

The boxes which I picked up at retroillucid's place have been handed over to a company in my city which will cut and crease them. However, since the boxes have no bleed space and are of a very precise design, they told me it was going to be difficult to make cuts and crease lines which are precise enough, so I'm very, very worried. If they botch up the job, I'm not sure what I'll do.

I'll be stuck in a red alert situation at my job until the middle of next week, and I'll have to do overtime Saturday and perhaps even Sunday, so my Team Pixelboy projects are completely off my priority list until further notice. I just don't want to deal with that stuff right now.

Thanks for understanding.

Yikes! I hope both the job situation and the box cutting/creasing problems end well for you Luc.

Cheers.

Yikes! I hope both the job situation and the box cutting/creasing problems end well for you Luc.

Cheers.

I sent an urgent e-mail to Dieco yesterday evening, asking them to stop whatever they're doing. I realized that the solution I discussed with them (during the meeting last Wednesday) doesn't really work and will only serve to ruin everything. I just hope they won't start to cut and crease during the week-end...

I thought of another solution, which would allow me to cut the boxes with an X-acto knife quickly and easely: A metal contour guide piece. I can just place the guide over each box carton, and run the X-acto knife along the edges. With a metal guide like that, I will get a clean and precise cut everytime, especially if I can somehow get a rugged surface glued to the underside of the guide to increase friction and keep the guide from gliding around while I'm running the X-acto knife around it. This doesn't solve the creasing problem, but I guess I can crease the boxes myself "manually". The important thing is getting a precise cut.

Now I just need to get that metal guide made. I've got someone in mind at my job who may be able to help me with that. I'll keep you all informed. :)

Edited by Pixelboy