IGNORED

Argh. Just purchased Colecovision - need hardware help.

NoleOne

I put in a game and the whatever the game, your ship, person or whatever just heads to the right of the screen. Everything happens like you have jammed ]your joystick to the right permanently.

I have even switched controllers a couple of time, but it still goes right, so it is not the individual controller.

The games work.

The system works otherwise.

Anyone have the same problem?

Anyone have a solution?

I put in a game and the whatever the game, your ship, person or whatever just heads to the right of the screen. Everything happens like you have jammed ]your joystick to the right permanently.

I have even switched controllers a couple of time, but it still goes right, so it is not the individual controller.

The games work.

The system works otherwise.

Anyone have the same problem?

Anyone have a solution?

It is actually a fairly common problem. Actually there is a current thread right here discussing it.

The IC's seem particulary prone to problems due to static electricity (well this seems to be the commonly accepted reason). There is no other solution other than to open the thing up and desolder the chip(s) and replace them. Often a socket is also installed to make future replacement easier.