Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:13 PM
Hello all, this is the official Lynx FlashCard info thread.
Since most of the FlashCard users ordered via AtariAge, I think this is the right place for the official home of the Lynx FlashCard. For information and news, hardware and firmware updates, etc. I will use my Blog: (please
subscribe) http://www.atariage....flashcard-blog/ For discussion please use the following thread: http://www.atariage....t-do-you-think/ If you are interested to buy a FlashCard, please send me a PM. General:
The Lynx FlashCard is a development tool. It can hold one game, demo or application.It is controlled by a Atmel AVR µCom.
The communication with the PC is be done via an RS232 to USB converter. (FTDI)
For the communication you need a PC with Linux/Windows or a Mac with a terminal program.
The data is sent as binaries to the FlashCard.
Here are the FlashCard specifications:
- 512K Flash ROM for game/application
- 93C46 EEPROM running in 16-Bit mode for High scores etc. User can read/write/modify/erase single or all bytes.
- Baudrates supported from 9600 to 115200 Baud
- Status and transfer LEDs
- Menu with 5 languages (english, german, french, spain and dutch)
- Mini-USB connector - Cable included
- Gold-plated contacts
- Bootloader for easy Firmware updates
- Cool red PCB :-)
- Only for the 20th anniversary edition (3rd run): 8KB EEPROM with a little demo. It is shown before the game/application starts. (possible to switch off). NOTE this is not available with the 4th run. NOTE - The FlashCard is designed to be used with the Lynx II. If you want to use with the Lynx I, it is recommented to remove the cartridge door. It is possible to damage the FlashCard if it is inserted into a Lynx I with the door attached.
Included in delivery: - FlashCard
- Box - high quality resealable plastic
- Manual PDF file version in English and German on a Mini CD
Order and payment: To order a FlashCard, please send me a PM. Inside Europe, I accept PayPal or a money tranfer to my bank account.
Outside Europe, I only accept PayPal. The cost for a Lynx FlashCard is 79 Euro, plus shipping and PayPal fees.
Shipping: You can decide between registered shipping and shipping with insurance. If you need insurance, please send me a PM. Shipping cost, PayPal fee and total to send: Registered shipping + PayPal fee for Germany: 9 Euro Total is 88 Euro
Registered shipping + PayPal fee for rest of Europe: 12 Euro Total is 91 Euro
Registered shipping + PayPal fee for Australia/Canada/USA: 18 Euro Total is 97 Euro
Others: please send me PM
Also available from me:
Lynx: Yastuna 1 and 2 on beautiful red pcb each 22 Euro both 40 Euro The competition cart from user Rygar (red pcb) - 12 Euro Lynxopoly from AA user Matashen - 30 Euro
Atari Falcon: 14MB memory board
Specifications: memory chips mounted on the memory board (no PS/2 simm needed, no additional contact resistance), same size as original Atari memory board (no need to modify the metal shielding), first class memory chips from Siemens, Oki, Samsung, TI or NEC. The 14MB memory board works fine with all Falcon speeders and screen blasters. The 14MB memory board is tested and works fine with 3 different Falcon with different speeders 32MHz speeder/ct60/ct63 and screen blaster. Additional - it works fine with my Falcon (32MHz and internal Screenblaster III) - 8 chip design, cool white pcb, limited only 16pcs made - only 49 Euro