this is the official Lynx FlashCard info thread.
Since most of the FlashCard users ordered via AtariAge, I think this is the right place for the official home of the Lynx FlashCard.
For information and news, hardware and firmware updates, etc. I will use my Blog: (please subscribe)
Link to the last Firmware: http://atariage.com/...-firmware-vx40/
For discussion please use the following thread:
If you are interested to buy a FlashCard, please send me a PM.
The Lynx FlashCard is a development tool. It can hold one game, demo or application.
It is controlled by a Atmel AVR µCom.
The communication with the PC is be done via an RS232 to USB converter. (FTDI)
For the communication you need a PC with Linux/Windows or a Mac with a terminal program.
The data is sent as binaries to the FlashCard.
Here are the FlashCard specifications:
- 512K Flash ROM for game/application
- 93C46 EEPROM running in 16-Bit mode for High scores etc. User can read/write/modify/erase single or all bytes. (New 2016: possible to order 93C66 or 93C86)
- Baudrates supported from 9600 to 115200 Baud
- Status and transfer LEDs
- Menu with 5 languages (english, german, french, spain and dutch)
- Mini-USB connector - Cable included
- Gold-plated contacts
- Bootloader for easy Firmware updates
- Cool red PCB :-)
- Only for the 20th/25th anniversary edition: 8KB EEPROM with a little demo. It is shown before the game/application starts. (possible to switch off).
NOTE - The FlashCard is designed to be used with the Lynx II. If you want to use with the Lynx I, it is recommented to remove the cartridge door. It is possible to damage the FlashCard if it is inserted into a Lynx I with the door attached.
Included in delivery:
- Box - high quality resealable plastic
- Manual – PDF file version in English and German on a Mini CD
Order and payment:
To order a FlashCard, please send me a PM.
Inside Europe, I accept PayPal or a money tranfer to my bank account.
Outside Europe, I only accept PayPal.
Registered shipping, tracking number will be provided
Also available from me:
Yastuna 1 and 2 on beautiful red pcb
Solitaire on beautiful red pcb
The competition cart from user Rygar
Lynxopoly from AA user Matashen
14MB memory board
Specifications: memory chips mounted on the memory board (no PS/2 simm needed, no additional contact resistance), same size as original Atari memory board (no need to modify the metal shielding), only NOS chip used (no fake China NOS!) first class memory chips like Siemens, LG, Samsung Hyundai, Toshiba, TI...
The 14MB memory board works fine with all Falcon speeders and screen blasters.
The 14MB memory board is tested and works fine with 3 different Falcon with different speeders 32MHz speeder/ct60/ct63 and screen blaster.
Additional - it works fine with my Falcon (32MHz and internal Screenblaster III)
8 chip design, cool black pcb
edit: updated 01/2016
Edited by Lynxman, Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:56 PM.