IGNORED

What pinball machines do you own?

Crazy Climber

Well, I've got 2 pinballs : one EM (Gottlieb Vulcan) and a SS (Bally Kings Of Steel).

I'm an old school pinball lover (no dot pinball of course, such machine are 50% video games / 50% pinball with noisy music, not my taste!).

Two shots in order to illustrate this topic :

oa6w_img_1914.jpg v1hs_img_1936.jpg

Kings of steel, a true players game, nice!

• 1 month later...

I currently own 6 - All of them are Atari machines.

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

I'm still looking for the Atarians machine and Time 2000. :)

Nice! I always wondered how all the Atari games would look lined up. I think the cabs look awesome, the gameplay is a little dated for my pinball tastes but definetily still very playeable. Do you have any pics of them next to each other?

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

Nice! I always wondered how all the Atari games would look lined up. I think the cabs look awesome, the gameplay is a little dated for my pinball tastes but definetily still very playeable. Do you have any pics of them next to each other?

I have a few pictures, but none of them all lined up (yet). The only ones I have at my place at the moment are Space Riders and Middle Earth while the Hercules machines and Airborne Avengers are in one place and Superman is in another. One day when I have a basement that can hold all of them I will definitely have them all next to one another.

I agree that the gameplay can be a little dated, but part of that is why I like them - you don't have to play it very much to get a complete picture of what each thing does (versus something like the Lord of the Rings pinball machine that I still don't totally "get"). One day I'll likely get a little something more complex (I'm thinking Champion Pub - played that at MWGC this year and absolutely loved it), but for now I'm pretty happy with my Atari machines (even if most of them still need some work - but that's another story. :) )

• 3 weeks later...

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

I have a few pictures, but none of them all lined up (yet). The only ones I have at my place at the moment are Space Riders and Middle Earth while the Hercules machines and Airborne Avengers are in one place and Superman is in another. One day when I have a basement that can hold all of them I will definitely have them all next to one another.

I agree that the gameplay can be a little dated, but part of that is why I like them - you don't have to play it very much to get a complete picture of what each thing does (versus something like the Lord of the Rings pinball machine that I still don't totally "get"). One day I'll likely get a little something more complex (I'm thinking Champion Pub - played that at MWGC this year and absolutely loved it), but for now I'm pretty happy with my Atari machines (even if most of them still need some work - but that's another story. :) )

I want to play a Hercules. That would be so cool!

Doe it use a bigger pinball as well?

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

It uses a Pool Cueball, seriously.

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

I actually played this at Chuck E. Cheese. The ball was brown and was at least the size of a pool table ball. It was a great pin. It is on my wish list of games.

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

Looking for an Atarians myself.....The two that you mentioned happen to be the real rare ones out of the bunch!!

You forgot to add Roadrunner to that list;)

Roadrunner is a beautiful looking machine that's for sure. Too bad they quit the pinball business before it went into production.

The only working pin I have is Indiana Jones.

I have several project Atari pins : Middle Earth (regular and prototype), Space Riders and Time 2000.

I hope to find an Atarians for sale close to northern Ohio someday. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hershey Park has one if you happen to be going there. lol Now on to my list. I own 22 pins & 2 arcade games. The arcade games I have...a mini cabaret Pacman machine which has been converted to a 48 in 1 machine & a dedicated Pigskin 621 A.D. machine. As for the pinballs...

My Pinball Collection

And back glass photos of my machines Here

Cheapest game I have bought is a Meteor for $100, most expensive game I bought was Junkyard for $1800

• 1 month later...

Hercules (two of them)

Middle Earth

Superman

Space Riders

Airborne Avengers

Looking for an Atarians myself.....The two that you mentioned happen to be the real rare ones out of the bunch!!

Ha! I think I'd have to be Dan Kramer to get my mitts on a Roadrunner! If I remember right, I think he actually knows some of the people who own the prototype pinball machines like that. I'd love to have them. :)

It uses a Pool Cueball, seriously.

They're actually a little smaller, but yeah, they're still huge for a pinball. Also, the bumpers in those machines are frightening to work on - they kick so hard that they were shaking the floor in the building the guy I bought them from was storing them in. I've always been extremely careful to make sure I have them powered off when I'm working on them (or at least, I keep my fingers far away from the parts that could give me a nasty bruise... :) )

I have several project Atari pins : Middle Earth (regular and prototype), Space Riders and Time 2000.

Nice! I've seen pictures of a prototype Middle Earth and thought it was pretty cool. If you ever need parts for Middle Earth, feel free to send me a PM. I have a few spares I might be persuaded to part with.

Just one for me, The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, but we love her! It's a perfect pin for me too. Not only is it just a fun machine, but the whole theme fits in great with the rest of my robot/sci-fi nerd collection. icon_mrgreen.gif

If we had the room, we'd get the original Pinbot, and the most recent Jack*Bot.

post-12780-128866244108_thumb.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert