IGNORED

Repairs

leroyneiman

I've got a Coleco with an RGB mod and Atari 2600 9 pin joystick passthru mods. Not sure where I picked it up. I'll bet it was through here.

Anyhow, are the edge connectors on the Coleco prone to the kind of issues that the NES suffers? In particular, all my carts have graphics that are slightly garbled. It wasn't always like this, but the machine has been unused for going on 3 years since I moved to Ohio.

My other coleco, which is standard RF with no passthru, is doing the same thing, only worse.

I just got an AtariMax 128-in-1 cart, and it is doing it on that, too.

I shot out the cart slot with canned air... and saw some dust bunnies flying out. I reseated the cart, not as firmly as originally... and the graphics improved.

The first few time, Temple of Apshi looked like ASCII text... After that, it looked glitchy, but playable.

I've got a Coleco with an RGB mod and Atari 2600 9 pin joystick passthru mods. Not sure where I picked it up. I'll bet it was through here.

Anyhow, are the edge connectors on the Coleco prone to the kind of issues that the NES suffers? In particular, all my carts have graphics that are slightly garbled. It wasn't always like this, but the machine has been unused for going on 3 years since I moved to Ohio.

My other coleco, which is standard RF with no passthru, is doing the same thing, only worse.

I shot out the cart slot with canned air... and saw some dust bunnies flying out. I reseated the cart, not as firmly as originally... and the graphics improved.

The first few time, Temple of Apshi looked like ASCII text... After that, it looked glitchy, but playable.

This could be from the power switch too, or bad dram, but I doubt the later.

I only have this promblem with Exapsion Module #3 (ADAM), the connection between the two was dirty so I cleaned it up with Isopropyl Alcohol and it improved.

I never had a problem with the powerswitch cause i never used it.

This could be from the power switch too, or bad dram, but I doubt the later.

I only have this promblem with Exapsion Module #3 (ADAM), the connection between the two was dirty so I cleaned it up with Isopropyl Alcohol and it improved.

I never had a problem with the powerswitch cause i never used it.

I unseated and reseated the multi-cart several times, and got it to play Mousetrap with no graphic glitches at all. Reset and went back into Apshi, and it was *almost* flawless.

I'm not sure if it improves when it warms up, or if it improved when I reseated the cartridge.

I'm stumped.