IGNORED

Intellivision III fuzzy screen

megoninja

Hey guys,

I have 2 Intellivisions, one works fine and the other (the INTV III) has a constant fuzzy picture. I have the same settings on both of them (they are set to channel 0) but the INTV III always has a picture which looks like it is out of tune. I know it cant be because I have the power on both of them on and pull out the RF cord from one to the other and can see one is crystal clear and the other is all snowy so this means it cant be the cable or any thing external.

Of course I have tried tuning my TV a thousand times and no matter what the clearest it gets is a blurry snowy picture, strangely enough I did get it clear once but then it went fuzzy a minute later.

Can any one help me out with this, I would like to get them both working so I can have a spare.

Thanks

I think it's the RF box that's at fault, after 20 years apparently they tend to fail.

I've got two 1979 Intellivisions, one works fine on RF the other not. Going to do the RF bypass/composite mod in the next weeks, if it works, it will work for your system too - in which case, i'll make a guide for it.