IGNORED

iCade for iPad

yuppicide

All iOS apps have to restore purchases after they are deleted and re-downloaded, Atari Greatest Hits restores just fine.

post-39360-0-52083200-1426046943_thumb.jpg

As well as the Atari D9 I added an 'off' switch and an 8-way rotary which selects which iCade button the Atari joystick button maps to. The design is very simple- thr switches in the iCade just map to the switches in the Atari joystick.

I have a spare iCade and might build a second one, I'll take photos if I do. I am tempted to allow other controllers such as NES, Genesis, etc but that requires a little more logic. If I do i'll add some photos as I go.

post-39360-0-93568500-1426046959_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

iMAME is off the app store though, how did you get that to work?

There are lots of other apps that support iCade, I use it with those. If you jailbreak you can use iCade.

I uploaded a quick video of the iCade + joystick to Youtube:

I've also listed it on eBay as I'm moving a few thousand miles this summer and am offloading quite a few things.

Edited by galax

Wish it were that easy. Tried jailbreaking my iPad 1 and cannot get past a litany of file/folder permission errors.

I'm pretty sure I jailbroke my iPad1 using the jailbreakme website- it installed Cydia with no problems. I got an iPad 3 since then and haven't bothered.

I didn't finish that sentence, it was supposed to say "If you jailbreak you can use iMAME, and can use Blutrol to get the iCade to work with incompatible games". I looked into it some more though and Blutrol doesn't seem to work too well on iOS 7.1 and later.

Edited by galax

That's what I did, but even with Cydia I just couldn't correct the file permissions. I would change them all, get iMame to work. When I closed it and reopened, all the permissions would be changed back. I hate Apple, and this is one of many reasons why. Unfortunately Android tabs don't fit well in the iCade.