IGNORED

Controller overlay scans?

goldenegg

I've been looking all over the place for scans of Colecovision controller overlays. I haven't been able to find a site with a good selection. All the sites I've found seem to only have the same 15 or so overlays. I'm hoping there might be a more complete set somewhere.

I've been looking all over the place for scans of Colecovision controller overlays. I haven't been able to find a site with a good selection. All the sites I've found seem to only have the same 15 or so overlays. I'm hoping there might be a more complete set somewhere.

I have got a few, but still not scanned and not online. The only one for the moment is : Black Jack / Poker

Which one are you looking for ?

I'm actually starting to think the scans I've found online are the only games that had overlays. I could have sworn I had an overlay for Gateway to Apshai as a kid, but reading through the manual it looks like there was never an overlay created.

For anyone else looking for overlays, you can get them here.

http://www.steverd.com/overcol/coleover.htm

I'm actually starting to think the scans I've found online are the only games that had overlays. I could have sworn I had an overlay for Gateway to Apshai as a kid, but reading through the manual it looks like there was never an overlay created.

For anyone else looking for overlays, you can get them here.

http://www.steverd.com/overcol/coleover.htm

The "Mouse Trap" overlay on the site you have linked above is not for the ColecoVision. That is the Intellivision overlay. The ColecoVision overlay should have a tab off to the right to make it easier to get in and out of the controller.

I Had Gateway to Apshai as a kid aswell and loved the game. It didn't come with overlays

Gateway to Apshai indeed did not come with overlays

However, Pixelboy created some custom overlays including Gateway to Apshai

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/150406-interest-check-in-colecovision-overlay-fabrication/page__p__1836465__fromsearch__1#entry1836465

The "Mouse Trap" overlay on the site you have linked above is not for the ColecoVision. That is the Intellivision overlay. The ColecoVision overlay should have a tab off to the right to make it easier to get in and out of the controller.

That's the Intellivision overlay on that site.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to print a set of the teampixelboy overlays but I know nothing about how to resize photos without them getting fuzzy. I have never even used photoshop or whatever prgrm I wld need to fix these and others I've found online. Also, I tried using inkjet photopaper...is there something better to print them on that is accessible and affordable for me??

Would someone plz walk me through like I'm a 2 year old idiot???

PS-I've already read "How to Size & Print an Overlay" on Mitch's post above. I need more specific info---remember explain like completely ignorant.

Edited by Brockolye

For example, I don't know what opaque film is, where to get it, how to print on it, or how to print on overhead projector paper.(Do they mean overhead projector transparancies???)

Would I use regular laser printers to print on these? Would I use special laser printers like take it to Kinkos or a printer? I don't think inkjet would work for this...I would think it wouldn't absorb and just run off......but what do I know?....NOTHING ABOUT THIS....THATS WHAT. Help.

Ok, here's what I found sofar (I think only the 1st 2 were in the Barry collection.) Can anyone say what systems these overlays are for?

The one on the left is for Electronic Flashcard Maker for the ADAM. The one in the middle is for Facemaker for the Colecovision.

Edited by ed1475